HOW TO: DIY USB Helmet Fans - No more 9v or AAs

Hey CJ how did you go about fixing the aluminium plate into your bucket?

Thanks

Pressure fit. the bracket has some flex and has been delicately bent all around. Careful not to bend sharply or you can crease the metal.

Hi love this! Thanks . On another note where did u get your hatliner/head brace from???

Sent from my SM-J100H using Tapatalk

gentex x-liner.

• Like 1

Hello,

I hope you are having a nice day. I am in Northern Ireland and was needing a fan unit to cool mine and my children's helmets and came across your write ups. I have spent hours over the past 2 days sourcing the same/imilar products here, but your link for the Anodized sheet will no longer show up, can you advise what size I would need, please? And what is the template thing for? In fact, if you could email back the steps invovolved that would really really help. Also, I am a single parent, without the skills needed to make this up, but am hoping an electricin I know will make them for me. Or maybe you could make me up 7 of them and sell them to me through eBay, that would really be the best option for me and maybe make you a little money?

Thank you and take care,

Mo

Hey Mo, unfortunately this is a DIY project. if you are in need of a pre-built fan system. there are various vendors that sell them through the ongoing sales thread here:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/16-ongoing-sales-project-orders/

Good luck!

• 2 months later...

Yes that should work. On a 2 fan system you would get about 6hours of run time give or take. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes, I'm using this version in my Shore trooper helmet. Anker is the best.

• 4 weeks later...

you could power 12v fans with a 5v power bank but you're not going to get very good results and possible damage the blowers over time. The best way to think of voltage as amount of force you're putting on something. Too much and you will break it not enough and it won't work right. there is voltage regulators you can get but the best option would be to just to find matching voltage fans.  

This forum has lots of information on building USB Fans. If you need a little more one on one help shoot me a PM on facebook. ill be more then willing to help you out. I have been building USB fan setups and other electronics for a number of years now i think i could do it blindfolded haha. 

https://www.facebook.com/mattnelson521

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...