Anovos Stormtrooper Leg Modifications for short legs

Hello

I recently purchased an Anovos kit and have a few questions. 

I have seen in another thread http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35374-completed-anovos-tk-pictures/page-1 that he had to cut in the bottom of the thigh in order to bend his legs as seen here: 

The conclusion was that his cuts should have been rounded but as I also am on the shorter side at 5' 9", I have pretty short legs at around a 30" inseam. 

I would just like advice on how to proceed and what and where to trim to keep it 501st compliant and still be able to move comfortably. 

Thanks for any help! You guys rock!
Edited by kjamesn

I would assemble everything before you do any additional trimming. It's all about how everything fits together, so unless you have the legs built and the torso, and undersuit and boots fitted, I wouldn't trim anything just yet.

Depending on how much you need to trim, you could remove some from the bottom of the shins, cut notches in the shin and thigh backs and worst case trim the thigh tops, but you'll lose the return edge unless you add it back in.

• Like 2

I'd follow Terry's advice above, except that I'd personally start with trimming the tops of the thighs for a better fit, and look at the half moon cuts in the back afterwards, should you still need just a little bit more room for mobility.<br><br>

There are multiple ways to gain mobility, ultimately it will come down to fit when wearing the armor, and personal preference.

I'd follow Terry's advice above, except that I'd personally start with trimming the tops of the thighs for a better fit, and look at the half moon cuts in the back afterwards, should you still need just a little bit more room for mobility.<br><br>

There are multiple ways to gain mobility, ultimately it will come down to fit when wearing the armor, and personal preference.

Hi Kevin,

If it's any consolation, I'm significantly shorter than you are.  Waaayyy shorter.

And in my application photos, I didn't have to mod the back of my thighs and leg parts.  I agree with Tim, start with trimming the tops first to conform to the length (and width) of your thighs. 

I have a friend who got a bit concerned with mobility, he cut the back so much that he was not approved by his garrison.  Good thing he knew someone who decided to sell his Anovos kit.

Those are the only adjustments I had to make up to this point...

BACK_zpshleoaoke.jpg

As for mobility, movement is not at all dramatically restricted.  I can walk fine (though I would need to break this in eventually for longer walks and trips up and down the stairs).

If you need some proof

Here's a demonstration in mobility...  ;)

ACTION3_zpsgmmjokeb.jpg

Edited by RickyBoyBlue

I'm 5'7" and didnt find it necessary to cut out the backs of either shins or thighs. Getting up and down stairs certainly isn't the easiest thing, but it's definitely doable (just not the fastest thing). I found that trimming the tops of the thighs was better to get them to sit right, but my decision to not cut out the backs stemmed from the fact that the sandtroopers seem to lack those back cut features. Either way, see how it all fits together and move around before making any cuts just as those before me have mentioned - you might find that it's easier to move than you think! :)

That's what I'm planning to do to fit my girlfriend's armor.  Just trim the tops a short distance and test fit until it's close then recreate the top return edge with an iron (can't remember the name off hand).  That way you don't take too much off.

• Like 1

Im a tall dude, 6'2" and I feel the need to trim the thighs down. I want to be able to walk up and down stairs un impeded. I want the last resort to be trimming the top and re-doing the return edge.

Is it plausible to cut the half moons at the back of the thigh and then cover the cut with white elastic? It would hide the cut and offer flexibility.