Rogue One

DeceptiSean

Less crappy is only possible if all existing armor is heaviliy sanitized.  :laugh1:

Aside from the obvious "that's your opinion" counter point... there are more ways things can look crappy.

They even stuffed with the thermal Det, what is the practical change for range of movement with that.

I am super excited for the movie, but at the same time disappointed that they are not utilising a more original form of the TK armour.

End of the day, it's still Star Wars and we all love that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Aside from the obvious "that's your opinion" counter point... there are more ways things can look crappy.

But the obvious "that's your opinion" also applies to you...

We all have opinions and everybody needs to respect them wether they agree with them or not...

that's no moon, Kim Kardashian is bending over again...

• Like 1

But the obvious "that's your opinion" also applies to you...

We all have opinions and everybody needs to respect them wether they agree with them or not...

that's no moon, Kim Kardashian is bending over again..

Indeed it does. But I don't spend 90% of my time on this forum complaining about how bad the original suits look. And no, I don't spend that much time complaining about the new ones either. I have staff assignments to fulfill.

Can you please stop saying the OT armor is fully restricting your movements? 

lol You're kidding right? Germain can you please show us any OT movie scenes where the TKs are running full sprint like we witnessed in VII, or where they're comfortably sitting around enjoying a cup of tea. My garrison has quite a few very well built Centurions I know cannot sit in a car like I can. I'm flexible, it's the only reason I can pull it off even at my age, not because of how well built my armor is.

Do most of these guys look non restricted?  :laugh1:

12891138_636811143132795_517271571413903

• Like 3

There's enough OT aspects for me... Maybe the TKs we see in the trailer are some other kind of detachment, with slightly different uniform... Just like real armies.

Indeed it does. But I don't spend 90% of my time on this forum complaining about how bad the original suits look. And no, I don't spend that much time complaining about the new ones either. I have staff assignments to fulfill.

On these posts you have been nothing but negative towards the new armour...

All I'm saying and trying to get across is

a) it's early days and we've only seen 6 seconds on screen time for TK's

B) negativity causes division and I may be relatively new here but as far as I've seen division is not what this place is about

Yep, remove the hand from the neck, put the helmets on, and they'll look non restricted stormtroopers... By the way Tony, have you seen any FOTK sat in the episode VII?

About running in the armor, I suggest watching again ANH and the chasings in the Death Star corridors.

Edited by The5thHorseman

About running in the armor, I suggest watching again ANH and the chasings in the Death Star corridors.

That's not running that's shuffling lol...

And as regards sitting, yes you can do that no problem, but the film had a team of people making makeshift repairs to the armour constantly, you see evidence of that all over...

• Like 2

Yep, remove the hand from the neck, put the helmets on, and they'll look non restricted stormtroopers... By the way Tony, have you seen any FOTK sat in the episode VII?

I'm sorry I though we were talking about OT TK movement.

Looking like a well oiled tin man isn't a good example non-restrictive movement, sorry  ;)

The guy on the right sat down behind the standing guy, is most of his cod missing/snapped off? Looks like a jagged edge to me...

There's a fig leaf in the way lol

Love the detailed breakdown of the new armor.  Kinda wishing I hadn't retired my FX suit now  :laugh1:

Looking at the suits I really can't shake the "This is an FX suit with an upgraded helmet" look.  They still look like TKs, just not exactly like the ANH TKs.  I do agree with what was said before about these might be modified suits for stunts since most of the TKs in action are getting blown up or thrown around, or the suits may have been changed to better accommodate stunt rigs and harnesses for the action scenes.

It's gonna be hard to modify any of the current suits out there right now to match this look.

The trooper on the lower left has the look of "You want us to do what with our blasters?" 

Top center three "Hey check it out there's Carrie"

We can do this all night  :laugh1:

The new armor doesn't bother me that much. Yes, the detailed builders like us notice the differences but the general public won't.<br><br>

I am surprised they didn't reach out to the costuming fan community like they did for TFA and the R2 builders. They could have had access to more accurate builds and feedback.<br><br>

As someone who has been on TV and commercial sets ADing shoots, I can understand them wanting to make things more comfortable, faster costume changes, safety for stunts etc.

I can't believe that, even though the TD was mentioned, no one said anything about the sniper knee being a TK sniper knee! Of course that assumes the ones with pauldrons are TD's. -----------

Jim M.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

No. He is holding his helmet with his blaster resting inside it like the guy next to him, if you look closer.

Not him, the guy sat to his left (right as we look at it), his helmet is behind him and his cod definitely damaged...

On 4/9/2016 at 2:28 PM, MoSc0ut said:

I can't believe that, even though the TD was mentioned, no one said anything about the sniper knee being a TK sniper knee! Of course that assumes the ones with pauldrons are TD's. -----------

Jim M.

Think it's a heavy weapons trooper...

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working