Rogue One

DeceptiSean

haha so much for my reasoning. Back to electronic builds

You could be kind of right. Since these TKs are chronologically before the the OT, it stands to reason their armor could still be developing. As for the production, I'm sure the costume department thought they could do a better job building armor than the "dated" process of the OT and may have adapted a FO assembly process.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Oh Maaan, can't the production company seek advise from the 501st regarding costumes etc.. the TK armour shown in the teaser looks like junk, a worse effort than the OT and they had the benefit of being on film to hide some of their sins not super dooper HD.

That aside the teaser was epic :-) so I won't let it ruin my day !! lol

That TK looks AWFUL!!!! Too many mistakes to even go into. But what the heck the trailer looks great! Better look than the new Star Wars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Literally NOTHING about this is screen accurate dude.

The backside of this armor is especially ugly. Overlaps and lines and cuts and garbage everywhere.   When i was a kid i had no sense of how armor was worn, and i always imagined that stormtroopers were literally just a big one piece shell that the actors would simply step into and then the shell piece would close ( i actually thought the TD was some sort of hinge hahaha).  What im getting at is- REAL stormtroopers look like a single solid piece, joints butted together and lining up beautifully, minimal blackspace and curves that flow with the body.  These ugly things just look like a mess of compartments slapped together and it would have NEVER fooled my 6 year old self into thinking they are actually vacuum sealed. 

• Like 1

Literally NOTHING about this is screen accurate dude.

Sorry but that statement is 100% wrong...

Screen accurate means as seen on screen, not as a lot of people are arguing about as seen in ANH...

In this case these are actually screenshots of what will be appearing on screen in the now film so it's 100% screen accurate...

that's no moon, Kim Kardashian is bending over again...

• Like 4

We could just all agree not to make this into a costume and pretend it's all ANH instead. Less work. Less crappy looking troopers.

It's like the rebels-series troopers. We haven't bothered making a CRL for that one either, because it looks like crap, and nobody wants to wear that costume.

• Like 5

Sorry but that statement is 100% wrong...

Screen accurate means as seen on screen, not as a lot of people are arguing about as seen in ANH...

In this case these are actually screenshots of what will be appearing on screen in the now film so it's 100% screen accurate...

haha well you've got me there.

We could just all agree not to make this into a costume and pretend it's all ANH instead. Less work. Less crappy looking troopers.

It's like the rebels-series troopers. We haven't bothered making a CRL for that one either, because it looks like crap, and nobody wants to wear that costume.

Took the words right out of my mouth.  Let the petition begin!

But it's personal taste, a lot of people are already looking them just from a few brief clips...

This will probably annoy people but it is a factor in this...

Some will be dead set against the new ones as if/when they go on sale they will cut into the sale of old style armour...

Truth is a shedload of people were against the FO trooper on 1st look but now people are desperate for the armour...

Change is inevitable, you either accept it or get lost in the past angry and bitter...

• Like 3

Its not nostalgia for me on this one.  I feel like if the design choices  seemed more deliberately different i would be ok with it. Just like the FO troopers are obviously deliberately different.  But these just physically dont look good at all for me.  If there were 1 or 2 really specific design alters I think i would be a lot more into it but it just seems like they haphazardly threw some armor together and thought "good enough". The changes look more like an screw up rather than a design choice.  But i know this topic is bugging me too much regardless and it really just is a costume in what looked like a nice trailer.  Obviously the good trade off will be that these troopers can move a lot better and can be more convincing as soldiers. Watching them get blown up is looking good too.

• Like 2

I think it's just easier to create something new that looks nice than to capture the real essence of something old.

Yeah, the FO trooper was a hard pill to swallow, but we've gotten used to it now. But for ANH we've always been used to it and this one while trying to be the same doesn't have the feel of it.

It's the same with the EP3 symmetrical Vader.

That's the point, practicality...

A film these days that had troopers shuffling, unable to bend, unable to run, unable to do stairs and banging their heads on scenery because they can't see properly would be laughed our the cinema...

Also to add to what others have mentioned elsewhere, as a galaxy wide force there would be different versions of the same equipment made on different planets by different companies including upgrades that were given to different detachments at different times depending on roles, I was in the signals when the British army rolled out the sa80 in 85 but wasn't issued to me till 91...

I had 2 different versions of the slr (fn fal to most) and the good old sterling...

Judgement needs to be held off on such little information and coupled with infinitely better production and assembly techniques the days of visible screws rivets and straps are numbered...

At the moment the kids all flock to the FO armour, with the new film the TK will be reborn to a new generation, it should be welcomed not shunned...

• Like 3

yeah in the end its still awesome. OT troopers on the big screen!   Was everyone really against the FO armor at first?  I have such respect for its humble design considering they could have been tempted to make it all Halo-style and over the top "cool"

• Like 1

I said a shedload objected to the FO not everyone, just like now with the newer TK...

Let's face it Disney have done the 501st a favour putting the TK back on screen, it could quite easily have been lost in the shadow of the FO, now instead of kids thinking its a strange looking stormtrooper they'll see "that new stormtrooper from the new film"

• Like 2

I really couldn't care what they look like. Kids will still think they look cool. Dads like me will still think they look cool...
It's never been cooler to be an old skool stormtrooper :D
And that even rhymes.
Go on, you can use it as a tag line :D

Edited by humperdingle
  • Like 2

I really couldn't care what they look like. Kids will still think they look cool. Dads like me will still think they look cool...

It's never been cooler to be an old skool stormtrooper :D

And that even rhymes.

Go on, you can use it as a tag line :D

Never been cooler to be an old school trooper...

Sounds phonetically better haha...

Might put that as my signature

Never been cooler to be an old school trooper...

Sounds phonetically better haha...

Might put that as my signature

Glad to be of assistance :D

We notice this difference's because we have actually built these suits.  The average fan will not notice these intimate details.  Also keep in mind that we are only being shown a few seconds of TK's and they all look like they are flying through the air or in hand to hand combat.  Even the ones slowly walking, could be blown up in the next second and we are not shown that.  My point is they could possibly be a kind of suit used for active stunts and we haven't seen anymore to be completely sure.  Movie trailers also come out before movies are actually completed. They are still in post-production on this movie. So scenes get cut, filters, effects and clean up still get added.  I'm not saying it's going to change anything, but I wouldn't get too worried about it at this point.  I'm not saying I liked what I saw, but I will hold judgment until I see more. I can confidently say this "that's the fastest I've ever seen Stormtroopers run before!" Lol!

• Like 4

Can you please stop saying the OT armor is fully restricting your movements? When in my armor I can very easily run, do stairs, sit, kneel, and lean forward. It's just a question of if the armor is well built and if you have the good bodytype (extras are cast so not an issue).

Also if it was just a question of freedom of movement, they could very much have used the same ways they did in 1977 like using rubber thighs for stunts actors, etc... 

The only thing i retain of these new stormtroopers is how cheap they look... Armors looks straight off a low-budget film with cheap assembly and cheap undersuit showing between the armor parts... Horrible. 

The troopers from 1977, with vac-formed armors are looking more convicing and real than these new stormtroopers.

• Like 3

The OT armor doesn't restrict my movement, but it certainly restricted the movement of the TKs on screen.

I'm hoping they won't be such easy targets and terrible shots now that they can actually move like a soldier should. ;)

• Like 2

Hey, at least we still have the awesome new Death Troopers to look forward to, right guys?   :laugh1:

Is anybody else excited for those new shiny black Death Troopers? I think they look really cool. Hope we get to see more of them in the coming months. From what we've seen so far I would really love to do an RO Death Trooper (I coin ROTD :P )  as my next build. Are their any amor makers interested as well (looking at Paul  :D ) 

Edited by VulpX