Rogue One

DeceptiSean

I'm sure you've all seen the Rogue one trailer by now. Did you pause the trailer to get the best possible look at the TKs? Notice any differences? I think I spotted a few tweaks but I would like to hear what everybody thought. I was hoping the "new" TK would be close enough to an ANH stunt so that old kit could work once a CRL has been done. I am really excited for this new installment. I mean, did you see those tan and then the black troopers!?! How cool are those, right?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looks like the cod may be separate from the ab, not sure but looks similar to the FOTK setup.

TD looks similar to the OT TK but connects like the FOTK also. 

• Like 2

I noticed a few differences:  Angled join between kidney/ab, wide black elastic connecting back and chest plate, belt is hard material not canvas, no holsters, all stormtroopers seem to be righty's now despite the E-11 still having clip and counter on the left hand side which would interfere with holstering, thinner drop boxes, slimmer cod that looks to be not connected to the butt, the kidney is different looks like the raised middle part may be separate, and SHINS AND THIGHS POPPING OPEN ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!!  Seriously in that first fight where she takes down the troopers they are just blowing out their leg armor!

• Like 2

Looks terrible. Like an off-the-shelf TK hastily assembled wit no care. FX-style "under the arms" elastic to keep chest and back together.

Movie might still be awesome, but the TK's look worse than ever.

• Like 2

Looks terrible. Like an off-the-shelf TK hastily assembled wit no care. FX-style "under the arms" elastic to keep chest and back together.

Movie might still be awesome, but the TK's look worse than ever.

Yea you think with Disney they would have stepped of the accuracy game a bit but then again maybe the stunt union said "uh none of our stunt guys are going run full speed in that old style armor. Modify it or we walk" lol  

• Like 2

Looks like a T-21 in this shot (minus the Enfield strap)

Not only that the thigh seems quite short like the FOTK. The snipe knee seems to be sticking out a full 1" and drop boxes are way out side the ammo belt edge YIKE!

• Like 1

The TK overall just looks flappy and cheap, not like something they could pass off as a suit wearable in space. That's one thing I really liked about TFA, the suits looked more solid and believable. I guess since this is an in between movie they aren't putting a lot of resources into it, but jeez, I excepted a little more effort. Shadow trooper and tan TK's look nice though, can't wait to see what people make of those, especially since SGB said he'd probably start working on the bucket once more references photos were released

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I understand that the armor has to be more flexible due to more of the physical fight sequences so I can forgive that. What I don't understand is why they couldn't just source some anovos or RS buckets to get the look right. Oh wellz

• Like 2

Sure, the design is less elegant but remember that the AHN trooper design was altered to ESB and ROTJ to make the armor more comfy for actors and stunt guys. It's only natural to further improve the design to make it more user frendly for the wearer. It could be worse.. they could gone with CGI..

• Like 3

Here's what I noticed so far:

Overall

- everything looks more chunky and symmetrical, less fitted and curvy / sculpted

- The cover strip areas seem to be overlapped and the strips themselves look wider in appearance.

Helmet

- the cap to back line is very sharp, might even be separate?

Back

- very sharp and "boxy" sharp edges to the OII box

- shoulder straps have an angled receptacle molded in

- there's a snap visible just past that receptacle

Chest

- chest to back has a black connecting piece underneath (plastic?) it's shiny in one shot

Kidney

- angled slot opening on the side?

- the back box or raised area seems to look like a separate piece

- not very "curvy", it's very straight and FX like

Belt

- is solid belt instead of canvas

- there's no angled cuts on the corners

- Thermal detonator looks different in details, the O button is bigger and sharply pronounced etc.

- thermal det looks rotated lower, and no visible straps

- end caps have a grey center

- belt has a separate swivel opening on the side closure

- drop boxes don't have visible elastics

Shoulders

- look very FX and round / cylinder like, there's not much swoop to them

Biceps

- open on the underside

Forearms

- shape is very straight

- they seem to open underneath too

Hand guards

- have a much sharper slope to the thumb side

Ab / cod

- the cod is very V shaped and angled from the front (probably for ease of movement)

- in the explosions, the cod and butt aren't strapped together but perhaps thats for stunt safety?

Thighs

- totally different shape

- there's a notch on the outside, but the inner top is very round / tube end at the top

- lower edge shape is different

- thigh ammo strip is mounted higher up

Shins

- shape is quite different

- some have notches cut out in the back

- knee plate sticks out

Boots

- they look like they have a tan sole with a pattern molded in

• Like 5

I pretty much concur with Terry point by point. I'm also thinking that the thermal detonator is attached directly to the belt with fasteners (rivets, etc.) and that the drop boxes are attached to the belt via black elastic.

To me, this armor literally screams old-school FX. :huh:

• Like 1

Tony doesn't write CRLs. The community will essentially write it in the same fashion that the Legacy TK, FOTK, and Phasma were written. The standards will basically (in all likelihood at least) be developed by the FISD, and blessed off on by the DL before being posted and green-lit by the LMO.

• Like 1

Aside from that, the changes that Terry listed are pretty much exactly what I saw. There just isn't a way that an older kit will be easily modified for this, given the nature of a lot of the changes. Not saying it cannot happen, but personally I wouldn't want to adapt one. LoL

• Like 1

Aside from that, the changes that Terry listed are pretty much exactly what I saw. There just isn't a way that an older kit will be easily modified for this, given the nature of a lot of the changes. Not saying it cannot happen, but personally I wouldn't want to adapt one. LoL

On the other hand, if there are any unmodified old-school FX kits still out there, I can see them suddenly coming back into demand. :lol:

So does anyone know what the time line Rougue One is? Does it occur between VI and VII? 

The reason I ask is it would make more sense because the armor is partially OT TK and FO TK falling in line with armor lineage change. 

My reasoning could be totally out there but worth the argument.

• Like 1

Tony doesn't write CRLs. The community will essentially write it in the same fashion that the Legacy TK, FOTK, and Phasma were written. The standards will basically (in all likelihood at least) be developed by the FISD, and blessed off on by the DL before being posted and green-lit by the LMO.

Thank goodness 

Ok not 100% topic related but the smallest details that you guys pour over and can see is just incredible, I've been in the Air Cadets for 3 years and I can't see that little details

haha welcome to the FISD. If there's some detail to be had someone will find it 

So does anyone know what the time line Rougue One is? Does it occur between VI and VII?

The reason I ask is it would make more sense because the armor is partially OT TK and FO TK falling in line with armor lineage change.

Just before IV, i'd have thought? As it is the death star plans they're after.

It happens between III and IV. Its the rebels stealing the plans for the death star that princess Leia has in IV.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It happens between III and IV. Its the rebels stealing the plans for the death star that princess Leia has in IV.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

haha so much for my reasoning. Back to electronic builds

• Like 1

The timeline is shortly before episode iv, it is the story of the death star plans being stolen. When means the tk's should be identical.