First Order Stormtrooper for 3D print

Hey guys, I've been working on this for a few, I didn't know exactly where to post this since I'm technically not assembling or printing anything yet

This is my first experience with 3D files and 3D printing as well as with Trooping, so please be understanding about roughness and lack of detail. 

I ended up getting a pepakura First Order Stormtrooper Armor from pepakuravault.com and converted the file to an .obj. From there, I sized it in Meshmixer and then exported it and opened it in Blender to give it thickness and smooth it out a bit, then I moved it back to MeshMixer and reduced the mesh count so a small file wouldn't be 600 mb. 

The full set (digitally) measures at 1700 mm tall. and consists of 24 files. 

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1469595

Again, I'm new, please don't be too rough on me. Also, feel free to download and make edits to the files. I created them for the community to improve upon. 

Edited by DeafJamb

Interesting.  Are you planning on printing it full size?  If only we could borrow Tony Stark's 3D printer.

The printer I'm getting has a decently large print bed. I'll still have to cut most of the pieces in order to fit them onto the platform. But superglue and sanding and plastic welding ought to be good for assembly. I'll still have to sand and paint and polish etc. 

I'll probably have the printer in about a month. In the meantime, I'm playing with the software and gathering sizing measurements and I may be printing some test pieces on the library 3d printer, just to get an idea of how it turns out.

• Like 1