ROGUE ONE TRAILER - IMPERIAL STORMTROOPERS!

Redforce

Thanks for the pics, Haui.

The belt looks like made from plastic - and has been cut on the sides.

Kidney plate reminds me of the TFA trooper

And it looks like a black strapping between back and chest plates...

Different but plate.

First picture shows an opened upper leg rear side

Edited by T-Jay

I think the new film looks awesome and I got chills seeing the OT troopers. It is going to be very cool.

Having said that 99% of the viewing public are going to see the OT troopers in this movie. It is only us 1%ers that are going to notice the differences. The suits look like a quick and cheap recreation of the classic TK offering more mobility and able to fit a wider range of body types. My guess is that it has been said that this will be much darker and more of a "war/battle" movie than any others so I am sure they needed the troopers to have better mobility.

What I don't understand is with all the licensing and work with Disney why didn't they just use the Anovos suits? They would have been accurate, cheap and already available.

The only thing I saw as a disappointment is the Shadow troopers were of a new design. I was so hopeful that they would be classic Shadow Troopers so my one on order from Anovos would have some street cred.

• Like 2

What I don't understand is with all the licensing and work with Disney why didn't they just use the Anovos suits? They would have been accurate, cheap and already available.

If I got it right, the Anovos OT TK was not ready at the time of shooting the movie.

Left and right arms both seem to have 12 notches, indicating a more symetrical suit. I'd like to think this is the precursor armour to what we see in ANH, but more than anything knowing how painfully fussy current kits are, I'd bet the changes are comfort and wearability tweaks, seeing as in the trailer alone the TKs run and fly through the air from explosions. It'd need to withstand impact without smashing and provide superior mobility to the OT TK kits. I love the look of them though, this time next year I'll bet we'll be seeing some R1 TK kits

These suits look like they were made to be rugged.  Much more expansion areas built in.  If I got blowed up in my Anovos kit I'd be laying next to the crater naked.

See those TK's running?  That scene would look so different in Anovos kits.  Parts flinging off.  Blood squirting out.  Troopers limping and tripping.

Gotta hand it to these guys.  They made armor you can move in and it still looks damn good.

Can't wait to see this movie.

• Like 4

The general movie going population doesn't even know there is a difference in TK armor through out the saga. Its not going to matter to them now, never will. It is irritating though that Lucasfilm already knows that fans like us exist and would be the best consultants in production. But ah well . . . . apparently accuracy isn't important. 40 years go by and they can't make a TK look the way it did back then?  :huh:

The only thing I saw as a disappointment is the Shadow troopers were of a new design. I was so hopeful that they would be classic Shadow Troopers so my one on order from Anovos would have some street cred.

They are supposedly called "Death Troopers" and my bet is that they are direct-line descendants from the Republic/Imperial Commandos.

I flipped the shot (because the trailer has this section reversed for some reason).

Check out the heavy shoulder bells, the squared biceps, the loaded bracers (forearms), and the overall shape of the top/rear of the bucket.

They've also got a much deeper backplate, which, while certainly not a Commando backpack, lends itself a heavier overall look than a standard TK/Shadow.

Just spitballing here, but that is my first take on these guys.

1XDe93S.png

:smiley-sw013:

Edited by BadBatch
  • Like 3

Cannot wait! I agree with the sentiment that I am more psyched for this than TFA and that most people won't notice the differences in armor/strapping. The thing I see is OT troopers are back! The reappearance started with SW Rebels and now this. We have an exciting few years with all these movies coming out. Imagine if the Prequels were this good...

• Like 1

A couple shots of new troopers:

tumblr_o59ytkdU4N1tn6pbpo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o59ytkdU4N1tn6pbpo2_1280.jpg

The AT-AT's seem quite similar to the ones we've seen in Star Wars Rebels:

tumblr_o59ytkdU4N1tn6pbpo3_1280.jpg

Possible Sandtrooper shots?

tumblr_o59ytkdU4N1tn6pbpo4_500.jpg

tumblr_o59ytkdU4N1tn6pbpo5_1280.jpg

Some more TK shots:

tumblr_o59ytkdU4N1tn6pbpo6_1280.jpg

tumblr_o59ytkdU4N1tn6pbpo7_1280.jpg

Edited by Ruthar
  • Like 3

The TKs themselves have a lot of differences. No holsters. The kidney is totally different. The Chest and back look like they are held together with black elastic. the Kidney and Ab go together differently. Smaller drop boxes I think. And a plastic belt from what I can see.

Looks plastic so me too, noticed all what you said plus no screws in the ears...

Looks like we are about to get an idealised TK...

That's no moon, it's Kim Kardashian bending over again...

Movie looks great. As for the armor, it makes sense that they had to modify it a ton given that they will likely be doing a lot more things, action wise, than any TK ever did in the OT. Can't wait until December!

• Like 3

This new stormtrooper armor... I thought I prepared myself for it, but there's no way I could get prepared to the disaster it is. Absolutely repelling. Let's hope in the midst of the action it won't be too bothering.

However, owners of old Master Replica helmets must be really happy right now...

Edited by The5thHorseman
  • Like 2