ROGUE ONE TRAILER - IMPERIAL STORMTROOPERS!

Redforce

The TKs themselves have a lot of differences. No holsters. The kidney is totally different. The Chest and back look like they are held together with black elastic. the Kidney and Ab go together differently. Smaller drop boxes I think. And a plastic belt from what I can see. 

• Like 2

Sorry, I am a bit offended by the regular Stormtroopers in this trailer.  They simply aren't ANH accurate.  The armor itself looks to be newly sculpted or sourced from the Disney Star Tours suits.  Just a half-assed attempt.  Just painted the frowns grey and called it good.

Fan suits are better than these...

Edited by Veedox

Sorry, I am a bit offended by the regular Stormtroopers in this trailer.  They simply aren't ANH accurate.  The armor itself looks to be newly sculpted or sourced from the Disney Star Tours suits.  Just a half-assed attempt.  Just painted the frowns grey and called it good.

I disagree. I think they just look some liberties with the armor. All the classic TKs are different in each movie, so why not this one too. I don't see it as half assed or a problem at all, just a new CRL!

I'm mostly excited for the Death Troopers and those scout looking ones!

• Like 1

Since I have no interest in any other SW Stormtroopers except OT ones, I don't truly care if the RO Stormtroopers look like a drunken Cinderella dressed up as a Trek redshirt LOL .

On a more serious note it would have been cool to see original ANH Stormtroopers in RO, but we all knew that would never happen.

• Like 1

The Stormtroopers look different in all movies....... if anybody knows that it's us LOL

I'm digging these guys......they look like what I think would be ..... before the Empire upgraded the suits to the ANH style in the time line of the story..... 

Remember the Empire changed it up a few years later for ESB..... and reallllly changed it up for ROTJ

RO falls right in line with what Georgy and the crew did on the original trilogy from what I see here....as far as our classic stormys go 

• Like 2

Loving this and pretty awesome to see OT TK's in a movie again. I agree that they don't look as good, but still....awesomeness. Looking forward to December!  :trooper:

• Like 1

It's freaking beautiful. I loved episode 7, not bashing it, but this...this looks like "my" Star Wars. Classic Stormies, old school X-Wings, the old uniforms and gear. The old sounds, I might be more excited to see this than I was for ep 7. I feel bad saying that lol. Watching that trailer feels almost like taking a trip back in time to being a kid again in the 80's.

• Like 3

The Stormtroopers look different in all movies....... if anybody knows that it's us LOL

I'm digging these guys......they look like what I think would be ..... before the Empire upgraded the suits to the ANH style in the time line of the story..... 

Remember the Empire changed it up a few years later for ESB..... and reallllly changed it up for ROTJ

RO falls right in line with what Georgy and the crew did on the original trilogy from what I see here....as far as our classic stormys go 

This movie is supposed to take place mere days before the events of ANH. 

All things, specifically the Stormtroopers, should look exactly like they did in ANH.

I am seeing too many things changed and too many new things that did not appear in the OT.

If it's confirmed that it was " days " before ANH .... I would understand .... they probably could have the small details a little better

my impression was that RO would be at least a year back from ANH... at least

but if we're going to get into looking at things from all angles....

The 6 -  7 hours that the original trilogy covered probably didn't reveal everything that the empire had in it's arsenal ... or everything that was in the universe .... this movie is going to show more of what was going on....

The basic sculpt of our beloved OT stormtrooper is there.... I think that is a beautiful thing

• Like 3

I'll take it, classic stormy is best stormy. The iStormies in Episode 7, while cool in their own right, just seem to lack a certain something that the originals have. Maybe it's just because the look of the original has been around for so much longer.

As for any differences, I'm sure most fans won't notice the minor stuff, and they could probably be explained away somehow. The scale of the empire was gigantic, perhaps they had multiple contractors cranking out armor or something. ;)

• Like 1