FuuManTroop's HWT build...the quest for a second costume!

Okay, replaced the bolts with rivets. One washer to reinforce the plastic, and one on top of the strapping material to reinforce that.

Oh, and I got around to a little test fitting too! Full costume besides my handguards. I still need to attach my hip mounted ammo pouch permanently, and install new snaps on my belt(im using my TK belt, just made the boxes removable, and flipped the belt so the holes from my holster attachment could be covered up by the hip mounted ammo pouch).

I also still need to find a more stable way of mounting my shoulder mounted ammo pouch(i used strapping looped around the pouch strap, being held by a magnet. Then fed my shoulder bell to shoulder connection strap through that loop). I like the convenience, but i know over time that will stretch out that strap quicker than it would under normal wear and tear. Ill likely install snaps on my back pack and have the corresponding snaps looped around the ammo pouches strap.

Heres the test fit!

83F4F8A3-4367-4968-A05C-190772CE8104.jpg

678FF5C9-5705-44CB-9B22-8F35094F6115.jpg

BF20B17C-8185-4843-97F7-6D372C6AEA35.jpg

BADD17DA-D667-4452-BDF9-C9DEBAED500D.jpg

I need to push the hip mounted ammo back closer to the middle of my side, but this was just for test fitting purposes only. Still debating how exactly i will attach it.

Oh! And i still need to weather my pack and also the armor. Almost at the finish line!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THAT LOOKS GREAT! For my side pouches I used clips from a tape measure and some sticky softside Velcro on the clip so it Didn't dig into my armor. I used two on each pouch towards outer edges. I glued them on sandwiched with some 2" webbing extending about an 1" all the way around. They just clip right on the belt. Again, great job on the pack! No antenna?

Since the screen caps don't show an antenna, i didn't attach one. In all likelyhood i will most likely add one on at a later date, but not on any rush lol. Did a little bit of weathering today on the pack. Will try to get some pictures up tonight. Im now searching for some brush on weathering to apply to my armor that i could just wipe right off if i needed to. I made a strap out of nylon that I will try to loop around my TK belt to see if that will work out for my hip mounted ammo pouch. I installed snaps onto my backpack shoulder straps to attach my shoulder mounted ammo pouch. Hopefully I can get my submission pictures in tomorrow(depends on my wifes willingness to cooperate though lol).

Got some stuff to weather my HWT before submitting my pictures to the GML. After some more strap adjustments(from worn out elastic after 2 years of heavy trooping!), ill be ready for pictures.

I did some weathering to my backpack. The full view picture does it no justice though, so i included some close ups too. I did not want to heavily weather it, as I don't plan on heavily weathering my HWT.

A4236501-4ADD-46B7-B192-7D8A309CA5DF.jpg

94B25365-F9A2-4861-AAD8-66D83717A3BE.jpg

AD41FE24-6F07-4095-B996-810E44E58A1D.jpg

Here is the make up I am using to weather my armor.

5A30B701-C848-4CC5-994B-4DDC1092F724.jpg

I did some testing with it on scrap abs using a blush brush. Put it on quite heavily so I could see how hard it would be to wipe off when i was ready to go back to TK, hence why half is weathered and half is clean.

42295239-1383-4550-B89D-C8300F4F7218.jpg

After testing the make up, i decided to go ahead and start with something small, and weather my plastic ammo belt. So here it is!

FDF43BE6-F114-4DC4-BE2A-29A213EFE89E.jpg

Thoughts comments concerns all are welcome :)

• Like 1

Just a tad bit of elbow grease and it came off pretty easily.. I used Meguiars Rubbing Compound to remove it and it only took a little to take it off. I was pleasently surprised!

Weathered the armor today. Also testing out my shoulder mounted ammo pouch strap and hip mounted strap as well. I need to add an extra male snap to my shoulder mounted ammo pouch, and tighten up my hip mounted one, but its on to submission pics tomorrow!

C19BBFE3-97D2-4645-A595-2BB84862872C.jpg

AF4862C1-79D4-4607-B10D-A2A0BA9984D3.jpg

2A1B79FA-BDD5-4554-BAB8-7E86DA294938.jpg

023789A3-F1E9-4491-B614-384585D401FB.jpg

AA330D92-45FF-4C91-A0A2-2E96EA09C7BB.jpg

Yes i know, i need a haircut lol

Basic approval pics have been submitted!

DSC04785.jpg

DSC04783.jpg

DSC04772.jpg

DSC04773.jpg

DSC04779.jpg

DSC04778.jpg

Pack needed a little adjustment, but when i saw this my wife had already left to run errands. Can not dress in this without a handler lol

• Like 2

Thanks! Response back from the GML is I need to remove the "grenade pouch" from my shoulder mounted ammo pouch, also had some discoloration in my pictures that made my grey areas of my pack look blue, and handguards look yellow. I used my latex handguards that are glued to my rubber gloves..so basicaly i just need to find better lighting and set up my camera better....part of the issue was, and no dogging on my wife(my photographer)), was that she pressed a wrong button and it turned on a filter on my camera and made my flash also act funky, so it kind of colored some areas that it shouldn't have. I realized it after undressing, and by then she was already out and about so there was no chance to retake pictures. Will try it again today or tomorrow and hopefully things go smoother(i need to get better quality pictures anyways for EIB/Centurion applications). I don't understand why the grenade pouch needs to be removed, but thats what the boss wants.

• Like 1

Pouch has been removed. Painted where the old grenade pouch used to be. Now i have an extra pouch i can use to hand out trading cards from!

• Like 1