Haribon72’s First Order Stormtrooper (Jakku Chase Scene) – Large Trooper Build

I applied AS into the gap areas of my boxes.

IMG_8462_zpshtm3edo5.jpg

IMG_8463_zpslenetlc0.jpg

Used an exacto knife to remove it and allowed the box to dry overnight.  In this case, I didn't want to let Box # 5 to stick to the armor plate.

IMG_8464_zpsjrmxkcz2.jpg

Another example of AS work

IMG_8465_zpsltkgeqwg.jpg

IMG_8467_zpsanshj5pd.jpg

Not shown:    After 48 hours of dry time, I sanded down the boxes and shims with a palm sander.

• Like 2

Yesterday, StarFox2010 and I hung out and worked on some armor pieces.     Here's the start of my yoke assembly.

IMG_8478_zpsrwx8gyhd.jpg

Pencil marked my cut areas and used my utility knife and cutter.

IMG_8480_zpsyyf13hun.jpg

Drill, cut, drill, cut . . . 

IMG_8487_zps98ryqdqx.jpg

IMG_8488_zpsrarqkqdv.jpg

I love my belt sander!

IMG_8489_zpsayn5l3lv.jpg

IMG_8490_zpsvhtnixc8.jpg

Hand sanding to a clean finished look and then sanding out / prep the whole armor for gluing and paint.

IMG_8495_zpsryudg1b5.jpg

More cut outs.

IMG_8494_zps7jvues4x.jpg

• Like 1

Crazy idea time.     I'm going to see if I can use the extra portion of part 6E to help reinforce the yoke.  Here i'm going to flat the extra area and integrate it to the yoke.   Just a crazy idea to see if it works.     I'm using a heat gun and flatting it out.

IMG_8496_zpszddgljnj.jpg

IMG_8497_zpspc2q5tvr.jpg

IMG_8498_zpsuq8atwki.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hello Everyone,

Well, looks like its been another busy year for me.   I did not reach my 2016 goal to get this done.    Now its the holidays and I'm going to be enjoying them with family.    Hopefully, I can get this started again in 2017 and finish before Episode 8.     Happy Holidays FISD, Legion, and everyone!

Walter

• 5 months later...

Okay.... after helping so many other people with their builds last year and getting my Biker Scout done earlier this month, coming home from Celebration Orlando, and finishing off the Silicon Valley Comic Con this past weekend . . . .. . 

LET'S FINISH THIS TWO YEAR PROJECT ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!

Tonight, i'll be re-reading the CRL, studying again - UKSWrath's FO build thread, and getting all my armor / parts inventory laid out.

Rick, where you at with your build buddy???

• Like 2

Okay.... after helping so many other people with their builds last year and getting my Biker Scout done earlier this month, coming home from Celebration Orlando, and finishing off the Silicon Valley Comic Con this past weekend . . . .. . 

LET'S FINISH THIS TWO YEAR PROJECT ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!

Tonight, i'll be re-reading the CRL, studying again - UKSWrath's FO build thread, and getting all my armor / parts inventory laid out.

Rick, where you at with your build buddy???

Waiting for YOU

I gave up for a while.  I added the bondo for the 10th time and it keeps coming up shucksty.  Im afraid that if I keep that going, ill wear out the plastic.

I'm going to Celebration this weekend, so if you want to plan something for the following, im down.

Celebration? what?

LOL, Was telling my brother that I couldn't go to celebration but my work is sending me over there this weekend.  think i'm going to take pics and put in garrison page asking where everyone is at. 

• Like 1

Question for TFA FOTK approved troopers

I know this has been discussed over and over on various talk threads and social media outlets.

Now that this specific kit has been out on troops for over two years, what paint method worked best for your armor?

1. Having it painted professionally by an automotive body shop?  Was it worth the investment?

2. Using the right spray paint available at most hardware stores?  Did you have problems or success using spray cans?

Any feedback and guidance would be helpful.    I'm guessing after many troops, some troopers might be able to share some good or maybe even bad stories.

Thank you!

Mine is one of the original Alpha 75 kits, and I've been trooping it for a little under 2 years now. I had it professionally painted at an auto body shop. Not the cheapest option, but it has held up well and to me was well worth it. I've also sent two other FO TKs and an FO TIE pilot in my Garrison to the same guy I used.

• Like 2

Mine is one of the original Alpha 75 kits, and I've been trooping it for a little under 2 years now. I had it professionally painted at an auto body shop. Not the cheapest option, but it has held up well and to me was well worth it. I've also sent two other FO TKs and an FO TIE pilot in my Garrison to the same guy I used.

If you have the $ pro paint is definitely the way to go.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Question for TFA FOTK approved troopers

I know this has been discussed over and over on various talk threads and social media outlets.

Now that this specific kit has been out on troops for over two years, what paint method worked best for your armor?

1. Having it painted professionally by an automotive body shop?  Was it worth the investment?

2. Using the right spray paint available at most hardware stores?  Did you have problems or success using spray cans?

Any feedback and guidance would be helpful.    I'm guessing after many troops, some troopers might be able to share some good or maybe even bad stories.

Thank you!

I think I might go with the pro-paint option, I may know someone that may let me borrow the gun and maybe place (Novice option?). However I might have someone in the garrison ;)  take a look at my armor before I commit, as you seen, my armor came with what seems like a double coat of gloss. 

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
31 minutes ago, Haribon72 said:

Ah yes!  Another year went by and I haven't even got to the 50% mark.

Happy Holidays to the FISD community and staff!   See you all in again 2018!!!

Walter

YOU ...CAN...DO...IT! Merry Christmas brother

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Haribon72 said:

Walter

Merry Christmas to you too!  yeah and get cracking on that again. 

• Like 1

hahahhahaha!  Merry Christmas guys!    

btw.... Are we done now with the NDA stuff now?   I don't anyone giving me a hard time anymore and re-reading it to me.

Edited by Haribon72

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2017 at 7:07 PM, Haribon72 said:

Walter

My new spats are FINALLY on their way.  I should hopefully be done with those and ready for the next phase next month (next year sounds long lol).

Let me know when you want to team up again. 

• Like 1