Armor Carrying Case Recommendations?

I was curious what folks are using to lug all the gear around to troops.

I'd previously heard that a 50 Gallon Husky might be the way to go, but they've apparently been discontinued, and prices have skyrocketed (I'm kicking myself for not buying one on Amazon for $40 several months ago.

So, any other suggestions? I'd love to have extra storage space for field repair spares, E-11, etc.

37" Husky is perfect for me. I can haul an entire TK in it or my FOTK, minus the helmet. Plenty of room even after lining the inside with a Walmart $9 mattress pad. 

If I want something I want the best so have gone for a hardigg ex military case, more expensive but stronger, airtight, lightweight (for what it is) and plenty big enough...

--------

that's no moon, Kim Kardashian is bending over again...

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 2

On 4/8/2016 at 12:30 PM, DarthShinzu said:

Anything with a pulling device like luggage?

I have one of these the case just sits on...

----------

Folds up to this...

----------

that's no moon, Kim Kardashian is bending over again...

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 weeks later...

I use the 50 Gal Husky box. Fits everything including the helmet.

How do you organize everything inside? Do you use the tray that comes with the bin with all of your armor inside? I'm still trying to find the best way to store everything in mine.

How do you organize everything inside? Do you use the tray that comes with the bin with all of your armor inside? I'm still trying to find the best way to store everything in mine.

I put bag with helmet in first, chest and back piece over that. In the other half of the bin, I nest pieces inside each other : forearms inside shins, shins inside thighs, thighs inside ab, kidney, butt. Boots can fit in empty space in the bottom. I use the tray for thermal detonator and accessories. Then I have a small duffle bag with E11 and clothing that fits on top on of first items packed. I have a fleece lining on the inside of the bin also. I'm sure there are tons of other ways, but this works for me.

• Like 1

I use a Plano XXL storage box. It's on the smaller side but works for me. It has wheels but I use a simple folding dolly to make tea sport easier. This is how I pack it.<br>

Edited by pandatrooper
  • Like 2

Is there any reason you guys carry your helmets separate from the rest of the suit? Are they prone to cracking or scuffing sitting in the chest?

Many have the 37 Gallon (I think that's the size...smaller than the 50 anyway) which is easier to move around, get up/down stairs etc, but is obviously smaller. It will hold my whole TK but not the helmet as well. That's the only reason it's carried separately in a "motorcycle" helmet bag (padded with fleece).

• Like 1

I can fit my helmet in my bin if I wanted too, but I don't want to scratch off any of the hand painted details or scratch the lens etc. So I prefer to carry it in a separate padded motorcycle bag. Inside the helmet or the bag pouches are my helmet related things: neck seal, mic, spare amp etc.

• Like 1

Depends on how big you are. I'm quite slim, 30" waist. But I know there's guys in my Garrison that are 36"+ and they have theirs in the same bin. If you pack things and rotate the pieces to fit, there's no pressure. The lid is also a couple inches taller than the top edge of the bin. Also, when I put my Sandtrooper inside, I can put my vinyl / foam pauldron on top of the chest and the lid does not contact or crush it. But again, I'm a slim guy.

I use a Plano XXL storage box. It's on the smaller side but works for me. It has wheels but I use a simple folding dolly to make tea sport easier. This is how I pack it.<br>

https://youtu.be/26WOMUnHROU

What are the dimensions of your plano box ?

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk

• Like 1