TM, RS or AP?

I've been debating on which armor to get. Top 3 are my options. I am thinking of buying a completed set because I do not have DIY skills like some people. Which armor would you guys recommend that will be almost close to centurion standards with minimal modifications? Thanks.

Hey Chris, All of them can be built to Centurion. TM and RS are at the top of the armor food chain. RS will build it for you for a fee if you don't want to, unsure if TM does. Maybe Paul from TM can chime in here on that. Either way all good choices

I've had my full RS commission for about a month now with no complaints, and a member of the 501st for about a week. My local GML said I would have to do very little to go centurion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In deciding on TM, I consulted a number of different threads and these ones helped form my opinion:
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/25018-compare-tm-rs-and-ata-armor/
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26613-tm-vs-rs-vs-ap/

These threads showed me just how beautiful Troopermaster's armour can look. Disclaimer, I'm a sucker for armour that looks like it just came off the Tantive IV:
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/12470-tms-own-personal-1-mm-anh-weatherd-armour/
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32061-fbjs-anh-hero-build-tm/

With that said, I'm in agreement with some of the posters in the top link that say TM armour and an RS bucket may be the best combo for ANH-Stunt. For ANH-Hero, TM is in a league of his own, in my opinion.

I've been debating on which armor to get. Top 3 are my options. I am thinking of buying a completed set because I do not have DIY skills like some people. Which armor would you guys recommend that will be almost close to centurion standards with minimal modifications? Thanks.

Hi Cris!

I purchased an RS full commission, and only had to do two minor adjustments to make Centurion level.

Here's one of my videos that shows the fit:

• Like 1

Hey Chris, All of them can be built to Centurion. TM and RS are at the top of the armor food chain. RS will build it for you for a fee if you don't want to, unsure if TM does. Maybe Paul from TM can chime in here on that. Either way all good choices

Yeah, TM can also build it for you, for a fee.

• Like 1

All 3 offer building service. <br><br>

As for which to go for? I've seen the RS on another member in our Garrison and it looks good, he's had it several years and has some cracks as its thinner than most US armor offered. I've also seen the AP and bought a few pieces for a TD build but didn't like them and resold them. AP is a little thicker than the RS but the chest was smaller and as we're the shoulders. Its a much brighter white to. I was going to buy AP but decided after seeing the pieces to buy a TM.<br><br>

I just received my TM Hero TK kit this week and am starting building it. I have a build thread started if you want to see all the pieces. I have a AM 1.0 /2.0 TK currently so in comparison the TM is thinner and more flexible. The TM is more ivory in colour and very screen accurate in detail finish. Paul's great to work with and I'm excited to build this armor.

• Like 2

I'm in Canada a price yes AP would have been a very fit for being in Canadian dollars. But I still choose TM. I prefer the look of his molds. AP is fine it comes down to personal preference. It was either RS or TM. I prefer the personal one on one touch of dealing directly with Paul so TM won out.

I was in your shoes recently, Skye's Vader. I did tons of research but was still indecisive. It's a pretty big decision. After much soul searching, I finally asked myself the hard questions..."Why do I want this?" and "What are my expectations of the finished product?"  After I answered those questions, the choice was easy. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Which part? Thigh or shin? If theres no padding in it that will help a little. Pad front of shjns and rear of thighs, make sure shins are pushed down over boot tops, and make thighs are up as high as can be. Also, that your ab cod is so high and tight it should buy you dinner.

• Like 2