Heston 3d F11-D Upgraded with removable stock and lights

I recently purchased a Heston 3d F11-d, with the custom order of having him create both and end cap and a stock for me but not attach them.

this is how it arrived:

Fbtt4kh.jpg

JCQ9kqV.jpg

apNb6vF.jpg

I have Dan's metal holster so it was simple to thread the right size Security Torx Screws (these are left over flat ones, i am going to get the correct button head ones at some point) into the blaster and have it fit:

qtgXruh.jpg

The first true modification came when deciding how to make the stock removable and allow for the cap to be placed.   I wanted the stock to be secure enough not to pop off in use.

XMJzblQ.jpg

I utilized an existing hole in the caps to allow a treaded allen bolt (one thats just a threaded part) to go into it.  I reinfoced the cap in that area with extra thick ca glue.  the bolt isnt actually supporting anything, only keeping the caps for spinning or falling off.  the bolt then threads into the main gun body that i reinforced at that section with epoxy.  the caps are not going anywhere unless someone tries to yank them off.

XMJzblQ.jpg

I then added a threaded insert nut to the back of the main body that would allow me to attach the stock, epoxy reinforced:

8IJg7sW.jpg

Next I added a threaded rod deep into the stock, and you guessed it, reinforced with epoxy:

UdKiB82.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u253/rhapsodyred99/F11-d/12873410_953894098022067_1459911065_o_zpso9oqgrnt.jpg

Now I had the convertable stock, but still needed lights.  This blaster was not designed with lights in mind, so i needed small self contained lights that i could place into the front the mag and the counter.  I went with balloon lights:

12899910_954728424605301_1975659992_n_zpsknfuiuez.jpg

you can get large packs for very cheap on amazon in both red and white.  They twist on.  They last about 8 hours.  The front tac light was easy, simply drill the right hole and insert the light.  add the silver flange to the front and you can twist it on and off.  

The Mag was fairly easy as well as after I popped off the white cap it was hollow inside.  I dremelled  out the pill holes, glued some opaque plastic behind them (i tried smoked plastic but it was too dark) and dropped the ballon light inside.  the white end cap fits very tight, but I hold it on with elastic glued to the inside.   I also had to put some reflective tape on the inside of the cap so the light would not shine through.

The counter was the hard Part.  it was solid so after dremelling out the pill holes I chose to drill the bottom of the counter large enough to insert the ball0on light, then cap it with a piece of black gaffers tape.  its not noticeable as the design of the gun itself hides most of it and also the fact its on the bottom. 

down side of this is while you can turn off and on the tac light you cant turn off and on the mag and counter easily.  This didnt bother me since I would just trun them on like my vader belt or chestbox at the start of the troop and leave them on till the end anyway.  this was the quickest and easiest solution for me, im sure others could wire leds and switches.

anyway end up with this:

lights_zpswvkdxueq.jpg

I am happy with the results.  The blaster itself comes in a very crisp print, and the lights really add to it.

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021
  • Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hey, how did you get the blaster to fit into Dan's holster? My thigh piece already has the holster installed but it looks like I'd need to get something for the side of my blaster.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hey, how did you get the blaster to fit into Dan's holster? My thigh piece already has the holster installed but it looks like I'd need to get something for the side of my blaster.

Do you have a couple of T27 Torx Security screws for the blaster?

Do you have a couple of T27 Torx Security screws for the blaster?

I don't, but I can get some from Home Depot I'm assuming? And I just screw them into the left side of the blaster? It'd be cool to see a picture of placement of those screws.

It'd be cool to see a picture of placement of those screws.

Have a look back a few pages in this thread. You'll see some pics of the screws in positions.

You'll still need to measure against your holster before placement.

Here's a link to some scree that might work.

http://www.albanycountyfasteners.com/Torx-Tamper-Proof-Security-Machine-Screw-1-4-20-p/900000.htm