Voice Changer Suggestions?

Or, if you have an iphone there is one app already out that modulates the voice and adds click-off (I use this one, and it's excellent so far)
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32270-tkvoice-for-ios-development-annoucement/

And another one that looks like it might be ready soon.
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/34939-troopertalk-voice-changer-w-static-burst-app-dev/

For either one all you need to do is buy an Aker amp and a gaming headseat adaptor.
:smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

Or, if you have an iphone there is one app already out that modulates the voice and adds click-off (I use this one, and it's excellent so far)

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32270-tkvoice-for-ios-development-annoucement/

And another one that looks like it might be ready soon.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/34939-troopertalk-voice-changer-w-static-burst-app-dev/

For either one all you need to do is buy an Aker amp and a gaming headseat adaptor.

which one do you use??

which one do you use??

The top one that is already available. It's a free app, but if you follow the link you can see Chris' paypal address if you feel inclined to donate.

I figure that it saved me at least $110US, so happily donated. :D

The top one that is already available. It's a free app, but if you follow the link you can see Chris' paypal address if you feel inclined to donate.

I figure that it saved me at least $110US, so happily donated. :D

Oh wow thank you ! so i will literally be using my phone??

Edited by nick007

These iphone apps sound promising, but the question at hand is which voice products are accurate and high quality... ROM/FX and iComm are the best currently as far as I've researched.

Note: The TK chatter file available through the 501st features iComm bursts and clicks

Edited by cjdesign

The Rom-Fx has a built in amplifier, the iComm would require an external amplifier..

If you are using one of the powered speakers than either the Rom-Fx or the iComm would work fine.

I plan to use Ukswrath's Hovi Speakers in my helmet so I went with the Rom-Fx.

Edited by bobio

The Rom-Fx has a built in amplifier, the iComm would require an external amplifier..

If you are using one of the powered speakers than either the Rom-Fx or the iComm would work fine.

I plan to use Ukswrath's Hovi Speakers in my helmet so I went with the Rom-Fx.

That is correct ROM/FX amp is buuilt in and iComm uses an external amp.  :)

• 1 month later...

Is the Rom/FX available any more? I went to their site and it is down.

Wow bummer, you're correct, Just checked, Could be a site issue also. 

Wow bummer, you're correct, Just checked, Could be a site issue also. 

I don't think so. I checked their twitter feed and they haven't posted to it in over 12 months. :(

I just checked the website also and it is down. There was another thread that I was just reading that said this guy is super difficult to get ahold of as he actually has a life away from the Empire, PPFFTTTT ...... I am interested in one of his devices along with some toys from Ukswrath too after I finish getting ready for my EIB application.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All,

I am very new and trying to get my Ducks in order prior to committing myself to one item or the other.

I have been trying to research The Rom-FX and unfortunately the website isn't available. Is Rom_FX still in business. I would have thought it would be since this post started just a few months ago, but a lot can happen in a matter of a month. I have even tried to look up Rom-FX on ebay and Amazon, but No Dice....

Hi All,

I am very new and trying to get my Ducks in order prior to committing myself to one item or the other.

I have been trying to research The Rom-FX and unfortunately the website isn't available. Is Rom_FX still in business. I would have thought it would be since this post started just a few months ago, but a lot can happen in a matter of a month. I have even tried to look up Rom-FX on ebay and Amazon, but No Dice....

He's still in business but he just completed another run and it may be a while before he starts another. Until ten there are other options out there, the trooper talk app, iComm and others.

• Like 1

I'm waiting patiently for my icomm to return and also waiting for my rom-fx to arrive too, I like to have contingency plans if something fails...

Apart from the armour I pretty much have 2 of everything

• 2 months later...