Boots:  TKBoots

Lenses:  Trooperbay

Helmet neck S-trim:  Trooperbay

Neck Seal:  Darman

Holster:  Darman

Hand Plates:  Trooperbay

Canvas Belt:  TKittell

Thigh Garter System:  pencap

I apologize in advance for the black backdrop.  When I took photos with my brother yesterday he only had black or white.  In review of photos you can see necessary CRL details so I hope this will suffice.  Thank you in advance for your consideration!

Front:

DaveStrmTrp-1171.jpg

Back:

DaveStrmTrp-1167.jpg

Right:

DaveStrmTrp-1174.jpg

Left:

DaveStrmTrp-1169.jpg

Right Detail:

rightdetail.jpg

Left Detail:

leftdetail.jpg

Helmet Front:

DaveStrmTrp-1149.jpg

Back:

DaveStrmTrp-1151.jpg

Right:

DaveStrmTrp-1150.jpg

Right Detail:

DaveStrmTrp-1154.jpg

Left:

DaveStrmTrp-1152.jpg

Left Detail:

DaveStrmTrp-1153.jpg

Hovi Tips:

DaveStrmTrp-1161.jpg

S-trim:

DaveStrmTrp-1156.jpg

Lens:

DaveStrmTrp-1158.jpg

Belt:

DaveStrmTrp-1143.jpg

DaveStrmTrp-1140.jpg

Neck Seal:

DaveStrmTrp-1145.jpg

Blaster:

DaveStrmTrp-1147.jpg

DaveStrmTrp-1146.jpg

DaveStrmTrp-1148.jpg

Thermal Det:

DaveStrmTrp-1136.jpg

Internal Strapping:

DaveStrmTrp-1103.jpg

DaveStrmTrp-1107.jpg

Ab Detail:

DaveStrmTrp-1118.jpg

Posterior Snaps:

DaveStrmTrp-1105.jpg

Chest to Back elastic connection:

DaveStrmTrp-1111.jpg

Shoulder bridge elastic:

DaveStrmTrp-1175.jpg

Thigh Ammo Pack:

DaveStrmTrp-1128.jpg

DaveStrmTrp-1126.jpg

Sniper Plate:

DaveStrmTrp-1132.jpg

DaveStrmTrp-1131.jpg

Forearm wrist edge:

DaveStrmTrp-1123.jpg

Ab/Kidney Rivets and Kidney Notch:

DaveStrmTrp-1121.jpg

Action Shot:

DaveStrmTrp-1186.jpg

Blue Steel:

DaveStrmTrp-1198.jpg

Again, thank you in advance for your consideration and I look forward to your feedback.

May the Force be with you!

I neglected to include two photos I meant to add and the edit function is acting a little wonky so just adding here.  For your consideration:

Cod Rivet:

DaveStrmTrp-1112.jpg

Hand Plates:

DaveStrmTrp-1134.jpg

Great build Dave! Fits you like a glove, and it's clear you build with Centurion in mind with the details (black pained flatheads screws on TD, d ring added to hyperfirm blaster, rivets used etc). Only 2 small suggestions that shouldn't affect your EIB application, but are purely cosmetic.

Seems you used a TON of E6000 on your forearms, and a few other spots. That van be easily cleaned up by rubbing it off to remove the excess. The other is your shoulder bridges. You left a fair amount of room around the "tracks". You can trim that off to be as close as you can .

Great job!

• Like 1

Looking Good! A couple suggestions that I see (more for appearance than EIB) ... you could bring your biceps down a little bit, it looks like there is some kidney/ab plate overlap on the right side (they shouldn't, but maybe it's how you were standing), and I'd recommend heat bending your shoulder straps so they lay nicely on your back plate. Can your thighs come up a little?

:duim:

• Like 1

Looking Good! A couple suggestions that I see (more for appearance than EIB) ... you could bring your biceps down a little bit, it looks like there is some kidney/ab plate overlap on the right side (they shouldn't, but maybe it's how you were standing), and I'd recommend heat bending your shoulder straps so they lay nicely on your back plate. Can your thighs come up a little?

:duim:

Thank you both for these points of feedback! I did bend the shoulder straps some but will go a little further with that. As for the trim on them I was actually worried I was going to take too much off so tried to match the image on the CRL page exactly. I thought I nailed that, and may just have to live with it unless it may harm chances for Centurion. E6000 cleanup is easy least I didn't realize those forearm cover strips still had some! I see the other areas too. The thighs can come up more for sure, I was just trying to not leave too big of a gap at the knee. As a taller trooper I have been tweaking the thigh position. I use the pencap thigh garter system so that is completely adjustable when I kit up. I just need to find the sweet spot!

The kidney/ab overlap can happen if I tighten belt too much. I actually lost 7 pounds due to my obsessiveness during the build and I wanted to leave a tiny bit of room in the tummy. Any suggestions to prevent that? I was thinking of supplemental Velcro inside just to ensure everything stays lines up and doesn't shift. The snap/strap system allows a bit of wiggle I would like to eliminate.

Edited by bobafret
  • Like 1

Hey Dave, just want to let you know the cocking bolt is mounted backwards on your E 11. Should curve the other way. :)

Hey Dave, just want to let you know the cocking bolt is mounted backwards on your E 11. Should curve the other way. :)

Crazy! I got it from Hyperfirm that way and never caught that!

Yep, they have bone it before and looks like they may do it again and again. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So this is weird because I swore I would have noticed that so just pulled out of bin and confirmed it is the right way I don't know how that photo we took at my brothers house is tricking that. Tried to even recreate the angle and I'm stumped. Anyway here is updated shot:<br><br>

post-25644-0-47946500-1460118804_thumb.jpeg

Sorry for the GIANT photo just wanted to get to you ASAP. Curve is the right way but it probably could be more pronounced. Hopefully it is acceptable if not I'm sure I could muscle it some to increase the bend.

Hello Dave, Thank you for updating your blaster and thank you for your EIB submission. 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All photos are present and your armor represents all necessary elements to qualify for EIB. With that Sly and myself would like to congratulate and welcome you to "Expert Infantry"     :salute: 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we point out any areas we feel may need a little work to improve the overall look of your armor. What we suggest will not effect your EIB status.

Though it's not big issue we would suggest bringing in the shoulder bells even closer to reduce the bell to chest gap. The top connection appears to be as close as you can get. You might try removing more if not all the lower return edge to bring it closer to the bicep. I like to to use this reference picture a lot because it illustrates tight fitting armor.

DaveStrmTrp-1167-cropb.jpg

Reference pic

Shoulder%20gap.jpg

Centurion suggestions:

In this section we try to prepare you for Centurion. Sly, myself or your fellow brothers may suggest areas needing improvement. We have a few areas to discuss, some will be required fixes and others suggested.

1) Shoulder strap covers should lay flat with the back plate. Though not mentioned in the CRL the covers need to follow the curvature of the armor. It appears you do have the required elastic straps so we suggest maybe moving them back further so that the covers lay flat. 

DaveStrmTrp-1174-cropb.jpg

Reference photo

gallery_12157_11_941408-crop2.jpg

2) Thermal Detonator panel off set. As mentioned in the CRL the control panel is to face upward, though yours is facing upwards it's also facing your back plate. It should either face straight up or away from the armor. Simply bending the point where the TD meets the clips should solve the issue.

rightdetail-cropb.jpg

Here's a reference pic

1ef96f55-7993-4e49-99ec-475631c84636.jpg

3) Forearm return edge. According to the CRL there is to be no lower return edge. 

For level three certification (if applicable):

• No return edge on the inside of the front of the forearm is allowed.

DaveStrmTrp-1123b.jpg

Reference picture

gallery_12157_59_23801_1.jpg

Thank you so much Tony! Your Anovos build thread was of great assistance not only for this build but the Anovos I am finishing right now for my daughter! She turns 18 in August and is excited to join the ranks.<br><br>

I will certainly be making the suggested changes and will be submitting for Centurion in the future!<br><br>

Thanks to Sly and the others for the great tips. They will be part of my ongoing quest for perfection!<br><br>

Very excited to be awarded this honor!