FOTK Backpack

scottlox

Awesome!!! :) Can't wait. How do you plan to attach it to the TK back though?

Not sure yet...This is mainly for the Snow trooper armor i'm building and i'm still working out how to attach this to the snow trooper...I was planning for it to be permanently fixed to the snow back and worn with integrated strapping, but it looks like i'll have to figure out a way to make it detachable if one wants to use it for the FOTK.

Edited by jimmiroquai

For the snowtrooper, the backpack is worn... like a backpack. There are two white straps coming from the back of it and looping around each shoulder. You can easily see them on few reference pictures.

At least that's what I'm thinking.

Edited by The5thHorseman

Yea I'd really like to see some images of how it's exactly fashioned for the different troopers. I've built three backpacks and unless they are connected to existing hardware, straight over the shoulder strapping does not work, hence the reason the tactical vest straps crossing in the rear, without it they fall right off your shoulders. That means the backpacks will need to cross in the front. So yea, images would be most helpful.   

You're really lazy...

As usual I can always count on you to be a confidence builder Germain. I see one section of strapping, I'VE SEEN BEFORE. Unless you can miraculously pull some other images out of your back side instead of speculating on how everything is connected, please chill. 

On my analysis of the snow trooper, i think the straps of the back pack go through and under the back plate somehow, crossing or connecting in front with a waist strap that also passes underneath the back plate. Then the chest armor is just velcro-ed to the shoulder area of the back plate, covering all the straps.

Oh ok, just realized that only TKs with vests have the backpack. Of course. While i love the style, i have come to realize that i lack the skills to hack the vest together. Might be because i am new to all of this. I even managed to kinda mess up my gaskets a little bit, even though that should be easy to build, right?... oh well... Anyway, I'd rather resort to buying finished stuff now to save myself and others from the embarrassment.

• Like 2

Oh ok, just realized that only TKs with vests have the backpack. Of course. While i love the style, i have come to realize that i lack the skills to hack the vest together. Might be because i am new to all of this. I even managed to kinda mess up my gaskets a little bit, even though that should be easy to build, right?... oh well... Anyway, I'd rather resort to buying finished stuff now to save myself and others from the embarrassment.

Haha! That's how I feel. ;)

On my analysis of the snow trooper, i think the straps of the back pack go through and under the back plate somehow, crossing or connecting in front with a waist strap that also passes underneath the back plate. Then the chest armor is just velcro-ed to the shoulder area of the back plate, covering all the straps.

Pretty much what i'm thinking too.

• Like 1

"

Pretty much what i'm thinking too."

Looks like some of us are on the same page  ;),  imagine that.

".......That means the backpacks will need to cross in the front. So yea, images would be most helpful."   

Hm, seems lika a "Batman V Superman" kind of situation here.

However, strapping seems legit.

Eh! it's all just best guess until we see images anyhow. 

• 3 weeks later...