DK First Build (Anovos)

Hey Guys

So after posting my thread twice in the wrong place I finally found the correct place.  And hopefully I can be able to get all my pictures onto here so you guys can really get a good look at how things are going.  

So my ultimate goal is to get centurion lvl but for right now lets stick to the basics.

Real quick I am 6ft tall and 230 lbs.  

I have everything cut out and Velcro set up.  Here are a few of my issues

1.  My shoulder strap is cracking

2.  My right calve is tight and not holding 

3.  My biggest issue I can see are my sides are not touching i have a good size gap on both sides.  The only way I see in fixing this is to lose weight.

Now a few things that still need to be done.

1.  paint the dots and rivets

2.  order latex hand covers

Please let me know if you guys see anything.  I would like to get my TK application in this week.

Front Full build

post-28182-0-11264100-1459271915_thumb.jpg

Back Full Build

post-28182-0-39841200-1459271970_thumb.jpg

Both Sides full build

post-28182-0-54651000-1459271993_thumb.jpgpost-28182-0-02220700-1459272015_thumb.jpgpost-28182-0-08456000-1459272018_thumb.jpgpost-28182-0-48009100-1459272021_thumb.jpg

Side Up close

post-28182-0-82099300-1459272061_thumb.jpg

Issue pics 

Cracking strap

post-28182-0-69790000-1459272092_thumb.jpg

Right Calve

post-28182-0-03570300-1459272108_thumb.jpgpost-28182-0-34213200-1459272098_thumb.jpg

Without Helmet

post-28182-0-53590700-1459272117_thumb.jpg

Inside Armor

post-28182-0-25902600-1459272549_thumb.jpg

Helmet

post-28182-0-96784200-1459272576_thumb.jpg

Arms

IMG_0667_zps0k6qsfr9.jpg

IMG_0670_zpso0unt7rl.jpg

IMG_0671_zpswwr5mmpj.jpg

Thighs

IMG_0672_zps0unojsoi.jpg

Calves

IMG_0674_zpse4ulq1sl.jpg

Boots

IMG_0682_zps5u7txklj.jpg

Edited by dktigerz2

Danny,

good job it is coming along nicely. I'm sure you see the light at the end of the tunnel.

1. Now as far as your kidney/ab connection, you can always loose weight lol; but what you can do it add shims to the sides to create an extension.

TK1636 has an online build that shows a great tutorial on this.

2. the shoulder strap is one of those things that are the most fragile due to the position and wear. Since you are constantly moving those to take on/off this is normal.

Just be careful and mindful of the straps. You may want to order an extra set just in case since it looks like it may not last. As far as reinforcing it, you can make some ABS glue and try to mend the pieces and put some ABS plastic parts on this inside of them to make them thicker.

3. Your right calve seems to be an issue now; it definitely looks like you cut too much when sizing it. Did you size it with the boots and underarmor on? that may be the issue.

A way to help out is to create a shim on the inside and make it wide so that you can get more velco surface area. You also put the strip on the wrong side; the calves should be done from the outside in so that you can hide/conceal the edge.

You can always do the screen used shin way and make the bra hooks to connect your calves. This, along with the velcro, should make enough strength and support to keep it shut.

However, since you are trying to not over-complicate i would just do the strip on the inside for now.

Completely up to you bud. Internal strapping is completely up to the armor wearer.

Also, i suggest you remove some of the return edge from the shoulder bells so they can sit a bit more flush to your body. You may also consider shortening the length a bit too so they can sit closer to the shoulder straps.

Oh and if your ultimate goal is Centurion, then the shoulder Elastic connecting the chest to the back should be White 2 inch Elastic, not black.

And the rivets on your left side and the right knee ammo pack should be painted white.

Actually, while I'm at it, i definitely suggest you get a new Canvas Belt. The ones the Anovos armor comes with are not that great.

Edited by illusionz_09

I personally have an ATA, so Terrell provided extra sheets of ABS.

You can contact his group or trooperbay.com has as well.

Many of the ppl that manufacture the armors will be willing to sell the ABS sheets im sure.

Edited by illusionz_09

Looking great. You might want to try some of the other strapping methods such as the snaps or brackets as most of the people using the anovos supplied velcro system are having fitment issues or it is failing after a few troops. I like to do things once.

• Like 1

For centurion, you will have to ensure your chest does not come over our ab, your ab buttons need to be painted, your holster should only have two rivets vice four (unless you go for hero, which has other implications), your drop boxes should line up with the ends of your ABS belt, along with everything else discussed here so far. I'm on my phone so I can't tell if you got latex hand guards and rubber gloves.

Oh and you should also have no gap between your back and kidney! I think you need to make your shoulder straps longer and then you will probably have to move your shoulder bridges up accordingly.

So for an update I just made my trooper bay order to button up everything that I you guys are telling me.  What exactly do you mean by the shoulder straps?  I will look at some pics and see what I can find out.

But hopefully by the end of next week I can have some centurion lvl pics ready !!!!!!

DK

List of the items I got off of trooper bay.  (by the way great website!)

Black Balaclava         Flexible Hand Guards in White, Black, or Plain Order Flexible Hand Guards           Stormtrooper Sandtrooper Full Bracket Set         Humbrol Admiral Gray Paint #5         Humbrol French Blue Paint #14         Humbrol Gloss White Paint #22         ABS White Plastic Extension Strips         Sew-On Shoulder Strap Snaps         TD-Sand Canvas Shoulder Straps                                        

Edited by dktigerz2

Looking great. You might want to try some of the other strapping methods such as the snaps or brackets as most of the people using the anovos supplied velcro system are having fitment issues or it is failing after a few troops. I like to do things once.

I just ordered the bracket system because I completely agree with you.

I meant that the elastic straps between your chest and your back pieces probably need to be longer to let your back piece move down to be flush with your kidney.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok sorry its been awhile.  It has been crazy with work with it being tradeshow season.  So here is an update so far on the suit.  First off I have had to go back and fix alot of stuff.  With the new strapping the system the back of the suit sits well as does the front.  So I got that all worked out now on to my two biggest issues.

A.  unless i wear a girdle (which i havent tried yet but am seriously thinking about it)  my sides will not touch.  6ft 230lbs  i am a big boy.  I really am weary of adding shims becuase i will have to go back fill in the holes paint them etc etc.  

B.  My shins are a mess. actually just the left one is.  so i have got the bra hooks and straps and will be applying them tomorrow.  My biggest issue is I made a mistake on the outer line and put it on the inside instead of the outside so while delicately taking them off I have taken out some of the material.  So I am now filling them in sanding now and painting.  Honestly it will all be covered.  So pray for me that I can get the left shin the right size and fitting correctly.  

So whats left to do?  Well I need to extend the grin on the helmet. I need to redo the whole interior of the helmet mainly for comfort (the freaking lense sits on my nose).  I think that is everything i can think of right now.  Hopefully tomorrow I can have some full suit pics for you guys.  but for now here are some progress pics of the new strap system and the latex gloves.  

Do the sides really have to touch???????

1.  Re did the strapping system on the inside.  added the white straps for the shoulders.  got rid of all velcro and did snaps for the sides.  Fixed the bottom connection had it on the outside instead of the inside.

dont have a picture for it but have painted the buttons int he front and the sides.  

IMG_0864_zps1mg1pzbq.jpg

2.  I got the latex gloves and have applied them

IMG_0866_zpslnqccak6.jpg

3.  Have added snap to the bells 

IMG_0867_zpstoctvwbe.jpg

Nobody mentioned your boots so far.

If you go for centurion, the shoes you have are simply not correct.

They are supposed to have no seams on the front part ...

Apart from that, you did a great job!

[edit] Also the return edges at the front of your lower arms (the wrist) need to be gone completely.

Edited by Bone

Hey mate the front cover strips on your thighs go down too far. They should end just short of the ridge at bottom and not go over. Good on you for putting it out for feedback.

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk

Also, to widen your calf could you perhaps widen the cover strips to spread the armour pieces apart further (bearing in mind to keep proportions consistent, your GML could chime in here). Inner strips might add strength to this too.

Also, to widen your calf could you perhaps widen the cover strips to spread the armour pieces apart further (bearing in mind to keep proportions consistent, your GML could chime in here). Inner strips might add strength to this too.

I did not even think about that.  it means  i have to strip it off but by now i am used to that with these leg pieces.  

DK

4/28/16 

Suit V2

Alright so here we go.  everything is looking good except for 2 things.  1.  its just to damn small!!!   you will see in the pics.  Any and all advise is much appreciated.

2.  its to &*(*&(&(^&(^(&*^(&*()(_)(%*^%*&(^ small!!!!   ahhh getting frustrated.  about ready to give to my brother and get a new one that is 2xl.   also here are some pics of the arms cut out the and the helmet and some body stuff

IMG_0891_zpstoncpvht.jpg

IMG_0893_zpsmdv9hpzb.jpg

IMG_0886_zps8yjji1rl.jpg

IMG_0885_zpsvjmsml0k.jpg

IMG_0883_zpsc0idmibj.jpg

IMG_0896_zpsu3gbie5a.jpg

IMG_0895_zpsk3ugrrxl.jpg

IMG_0899_zpsyp9cdzza.jpg

IMG_0905_zpsjjfe4zwz.jpg

IMG_0906_zpshiqcxetg.jpg

IMG_0912_zpsr9upkbnk.jpg

IMG_0911_zps67kkv3ty.jpg

Remember, the "average" typical trooper from the originals were 5'10'' - 170 lbs.

you being 6ft - 230 lbs is obviously going to make the standard armors a bit constraint without extra work.

I mean if you want to start from scratch you can always look into AM Armors, They are made for bigger troopers. The armor pieces are much more spacious.

Or you can just buy certain parts from them (i.e. kidney, back, chest, shoulder) those are the parts that seem like they need to be bigger on you.

Or you can make the shims for the ab/kidney connection and make the strips bigger to make the parts more open/spacious.

As i mentioned, its all completely up to you in the route you wish to take.