Kira47's Anovos ANH STUNT BUILD

I left at least 5 mm return edge on the chest plate on the sides. i left a bit more on the bottom for the strapping brackets. Around the neck area I found a crack on the return edge and had to trim that almost even with the front of the chest plate. 5 mm on the sides should be fine.<br>

Double check the reference photos but I remember the return edges being about that length.

• 1 month later...

so I messed up and cut a bit too much material from my right thigh armor so I had to reattach at least an inch back. 

20160513_005657.jpg

I'm about to put another layer of ABS paste as the seem line is still noticeable in person.

• 3 weeks later...

Progress update:

Reshaped most of parts using heatgun

finishing the shims will add one more layer of ABS paste

about to close the back of the thighs 

about to start strapping (snap plate)

shins are still untouched Im not in the mood to just sit and wonder if I matched them correctly or not

progress612.jpg

Edited by kira47

Got any details regarding the heat gun you want to share with a noob? Using one of those things makes me nervous about damaging my armour. <br><br>

Already looking pretty good btw!

Hi there my advice is use the low setting and go slow, heat a bit try then try to reshape if not hot enough heat the part a bit more. Also dont point the heat in just one part just like when you use a hair dryer move it around to heat the area evenly. 

• Like 1

Hi there my advice is use the low setting and go slow, heat a bit then try to reshape if not hot enough heat the part a bit more. Also dont point the heat in just one part just like when you use a hair dryer move it around to heat the area evenly. 

whoops I was suppose to edit it 

Edited by kira47

Progress update:

Reshaped most of parts using heatgun

finishing the shims will add one more layer of ABS paste

about to close the back of the thighs

about to start strapping (snap plate)

shins are still untouched Im not in the mood to just sit and wonder if I matched them correctly or notprogress612.jpg

Looking great!

I did the original strapping system but the snaps are far better for transporting the armor. I will definitely use the snaps on my Sandtrooper armor.

Looking great!

I did the original strapping system but the snaps are far better for transporting the armor. I will definitely use the snaps on my Sandtrooper armor.

Thanks :) I've started the shins last weekend and I'm planning on finish the strapping for the torso.

• 3 months later...

Where do think it seems off? The shoulder bells might need to come in a bit closer near the tops where they connect under the bridges. Looks like you assemble that to fit you very well though.

Hard to tell exactly but your AB plate/ kidney plate could be positioned a touch high making it seem condensed near where the button plate is. Maybe try loosening the strapping up if possible for the ab plate and chest plate. 

Great progress for sure. almost there! :duim:

Edited by Bulldog44

I'm not sure but I think the shins are too long but don't want to shorten them until I'm sure. I'll try lowering the abs but I think its the chest plate thats making it look that way didnt shorten it. The sides are a bit of a concern for me the top of the kidney and ab don't line up

I wouldn't shorten the shins too. The one thing you can do to have them sit lower is to deepen the contour of the shin curve that rests on the boot in the front and back, just a bit though. For the chest plate just leave it as is for now, I wouldn't mess with making that shorter. See how the AB plate adjust goes first. <br>

Also for the AB plate and kidney plate , you may get a different result when you where the belt. the belt sort of pulls the parts together and keeps them in place. If to can put the belt on,a we what happens and take a pic if you need more confirmation.

• 3 weeks later...

Im almost done but I think I need to trim the lower part of the chest plate to keep the ab and kidney plates lined up.
Im changing the strapping that connects the ab and kidnety plates to see if I can avoid trimming the chestplate.

Looks good. Try either adjusting the straps at the shoulders to move the back plate up a bit or check if there is too much slack on the straps that connect the back plate and kidney plate. Almost there! For basic approval I don't think the overlap will be a problem but for EIB and Centurion it will need to be positioned properly. What will you use to close the calves?

If you find that using Velcro does not keep the calves sealed when you walk around you can always switch to the original hook system. But Velcro should be fine as long as it is the good stuff. Actually I found that the Velcro sold at the 100 yen shop used to hang TV remotes to surfaces works well. Not great but decent.<br>

Did you get the kidney plate and posterior plate to line up better? It may take a few times trying the armor on and making adjustments to the straps. I still have to make minor adjustments to get the parts to line up, especially the thighs.

For now I havent dealt with the kidney and posterior plate issue. I had to redo the paint for the ab buttons. I plan on sending my application for basic approval then work on reaching EIB or Centurion. It might take a bit more time until I figure out 

how to solve the kidney-posterior plate issue.

• Like 1