FEM7 builds?

I was able to score the new Fem7 armor from KW and spoke briefly with him about building it - as of now there are no real instructions and not many detail shots available, but it's very similar to the Legacy TK here.

My questions is does anyone else have or know of a build thread or place for reference shots?  I don't think it will be too difficult since I've already built the FOTK and several normal TKs, but before I get to crazy with it I figured I should do some research lol :)

Also, if I wanted to create a build thread here would it go in this area or should I put it somewhere else?

* mods, if you need to move this to another appropriate spot please go right ahead.  Thanks! 

• Like 1

Just my opinion, but Fem7 armor is not a Star Wars related armor. There are no characters or mentions that I know of where the armor exists. I don't really think it has a place in a group that makes Star Wars related armor. Legacy armor can be shown where it is in the Star Wars universe. Fem7 cannot. Again just my opinion.

Just my opinion, but Fem7 armor is not a Star Wars related armor. There are no characters or mentions that I know of where the armor exists. I don't really think it has a place in a group that makes Star Wars related armor. Legacy armor can be shown where it is in the Star Wars universe. Fem7 cannot. Again just my opinion.

Perhaps in the non-approved stormtrooper costumes build area?

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/97-other-non-approved-stormtrooper-costumes/

• Like 1

Aye, but nonetheless the legacy stuff is in a comic ..... for me it´s nothing more than a halloween costume, not better than any Rubies (no matter the build quality). High heeled and female shaped ...... no battleworthy armor like a stormtrooper should be, just something for chicks who want be costumed a little bit sexy and a little bit trooper. Only partial better level as the boob-troopers.

I agree with and completely understand that, please don't get me wrong.  I'm not looking to make this official (she has plenty of approved costumes) nor am I trying to change anything in the Legacy area.  I'm just trying to find some help and reference with a few of the cut lines, and the only thing I have to go on so far is the Legacy armor since it's very very similar.  

I can figure it out it I have to, but there are a few spots (shins especially) that have either a "glue tab" or shim.  I'm not sure if I overlap or cut, lol.  I just wondered if anyone had built one yet and if so where they did.  Or where I should put this up for my questions :)

Thinking back I guess it would fall under non-approved and custom stuff?  Can this be moved there?  Thanks!

Hey there Terry, I'd say that for now, use the Legacy as a quasi-reference and post in the non-approved section that Brian linked above. That's probably the most sensible course of action for the armor.

Thanks Tim!  Like I said, I'm just looking around for some reference shots of cut lines and seeing if anyone else built this yet to offer some tips.  I initially asked in the other section since it is basically a slight modification on the existing Legacy stuff made by the same vendor but it makes way more sense to have posted it here lol.  Sorry!

I'll figure it out and make sure to photograph things along the way in case someone else needs help down the line.  It's just something fun for Nicole to wear at the major cons we have here in NJ now hahaha!  

• Like 1

Navajo Bro,

I have helped assemble many of the FEM7 kits during the Long Beach Comic Expo build as well as my fiancé Sandy's (TK-55118). She was the one trooping around with the red medic theme and communications pack. If I can help in any way, I would be more than happy and willing to. Just send me a pm or we can start a thread so others can follow along as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The FEM7 may not be canon but it is still a Star Wars inspired armor women can have fun with. It is definitely not a Rubies Halloween costume, but to each their own!

Also I don't think any Stormtrooper armor is battle ready, boobs or not. C'mon guys we've all worn this stuff and no one is going to be lasting 5 seconds in any Stormtrooper armor lol!

Edited by Nyoto
  • Like 2

It is as much a fun costume as any Rubies.

Battleready in the way as a armor that is not build just to make female trooper look more female.

As mentioned, just a halloween costume, nothing i would consider a "Stormtrooper". But something one can have fun with, as with a Rubies, too.

• Like 1

I am so sorry this thread had to end up here. In a place that has become so non friendly to other members of the 501st, no mater what costume they are trying to assemble. Terry is a 501st member and he was just asking for help, experience and guidance. But just because you do not UNDERSTAND the costume should not give you right to tear down someone for something you know nothing about.

My FEM7 is NOT a Stormtrooper costume! I know there is no canon character like this in the Star Wars universe. That's why I was able to make it. I have devoted 10 years of my life sculpting canon characters and have made over 16 different ones for the 501st members and some for the Rebel Legion. I know all the nit picky details that need to go into making a costume so that it can be approved by the 501st. This FEM7 was something I wanted to do, to break away from all rules that tare down the fun and creativity. Simply, I got board as an artist, just coping someone else designs and making it look as close as I could to resemble a canon SW character. Making things function was fun as most of the characters I have made over the years where never a tangible armor. It all came from CGI or drawing or animation. So the FEM7 was just taking the things I have learned and love about Star Wars and making something fun for the ladies. Cosplay is huge!!! It goes way beyond the 501st. You need to think outside of the box and realize there is more to costumes than just the canon characters. Sometimes it's just about expressions, like a person who creates new fashion designed dresses for a run way show.  I am creating something new with a material I am familiar with. I am creating a new line of Cosplay armor that women can do what ever they want with it. Paint it any way they want. Add any add-on parts they want. Simply, they can just have fun with it and not worry about what others think.

Kevin W.

Edited by kwdesigns
  • Like 11

Well said Kevin , whilst no one wants this forum to become a " general cosplay" sort of site , a little bit of Star Wars themed non cannon input can't be bad . <br>

I'm sure that when (not if ) Terry starts a build thread, it will get plenty of views ,and plenty positive comments .

Thanks for the kind words Kevin,  but don't sweat it I wasn't offended and no one needs to feel bad or apologize to me - I've been around long enough to know what to expect on the various forums and Detachments.  And I also know that sometimes comments and meanings aren't exactly conveyed properly in written form, so I wasn't hurt or upset. 

I only posted in FISD at all because I knew the sculpt was loosely "based" off the Legacy stuff, so I could use some of the builds here to mirror cut lines as this is brand new for me.  When all is said and done I did get the help I needed here, and am well on my way building it.  I have a WIP on my local Garrison boards, but if there is ever interest or other people need help down the road I'll gladly share it.  

My wife and I have between us probably 25 or more costumes, and although most are cannon and 501st approved several are just for fun because we love costuming and love dressing up.  This is one that we are planning for fun, and really looking forward to because our middle daughter has embraced Star Wars and dressing up more then any of the other kids and almost as hardcore as me!  The goal is to get my wife in hers so we can take some nice family pix.... imagine her next to us in a shot like this hahaha!   :)

IMG_5664_zps3zvaf03m.jpg

Little Rey with a boy and girl FOTK?  Cute.

• Like 4

• 3 years later...
54 minutes ago, JZYL said:

Hi!

Have you documented this build yet? I've been searching everywhere but so far I've just been encountering a lot of "just look at the regular armor builds" and "it's not 501st, go elsewhere".

Personally I have not seen any builds here, but as you say it's not a 501st costume so many may not have wanted to post a build thread. It does appear to be very similar in the way it is put together as a First Order armor is, I guess that's why people have suggested to have a look at other armor builds.

Have you tried reaching out to Kevin, after all it is his design and he may have knowledge of some builds or give advice ;) 

https://imperialsurplus.com/product/fem7-armor/

On 9/2/2019 at 8:31 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Personally I have not seen any builds here, but as you say it's not a 501st costume so many may not have wanted to post a build thread. It does appear to be very similar in the way it is put together as a First Order armor is, I guess that's why people have suggested to have a look at other armor builds.

Have you tried reaching out to Kevin, after all it is his design and he may have knowledge of some builds or give advice ;) 

https://imperialsurplus.com/product/fem7-armor/

still praying for some guidance though!

Edited by JZYL
went a little ranty

would say a fair amount of the assembly is very similar to the legacy Era Trooper, Again one of kevins kits so perhaps have a look a this thread/wip it might kick you off in the right direction ;)

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/44182-legacy-fem-trooper-version-a-tj_fem-wip/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I missed this, yes I did an entire build thread on our local forums here:

https://www.501stner.com/members/index.php?/topic/11392-fem-7-armor-build/

Kevin helped me with a few questions, he's great with communication and tips.  You can join our forums and see my thread no problem, send me a PM if you need any help ;)

I have a photobucket album here too, which I used for the build thread, no descriptions but probably still helpful as a quick reference.  

https://s199.photobucket.com/user/bro117/library?page=1

And lastly my fun armor building page on facebook hahaha!

https://www.facebook.com/pg/BrodustrialLightAndMagic/photos/?tab=album&album_id=257834478486620

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JZYL said:

Thank you so much @Navajo Bro!! This was exactly what I was looking for <3

If you need any help or have specific questions let me know.  I'd be happy to explain or assist in any way we can.  You can see in the facebook album we made some belt modifications so it's a softer rubber lol.  I also got her a regular FOTK helmet but KW has the Fem7 inspired one ;) 

• Like 1