Femtrooper from Russia

Hello everyone! For a long time I've been studied this wonderful forum and building my femtrooper. Here is some photos of my progress. Please take no notice of boots (they will be modified) and green and black stripes of fillings on my armor (I will paint my armor in white).

But there is one thing that I don't like in my armor - big chinks on my back. They appeared because I connected abdomen armor and kidney armor with snaps. I almost have puzzled my brain over how to remove them - the only way how to deal with chinks and not to order another set of abdomen and kidney armor is to use a piece of Velcro on my waist level. What do you think about this idea, skilful armor builders?

post-24845-0-39458600-1458738018_thumb.jpg

post-24845-0-99562100-1458738037_thumb.jpg

post-24845-0-23021000-1458738133_thumb.jpg

post-24845-0-92861000-1458738149_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Nice armour! Don't think i've seen a femtrooper in that style before.<br><br>

Wish my missus was interested in the whole thing, she'd be getting that kit for sure!

• Like 1

Nice armour! Don't think i've seen a femtrooper in that style before.<br><br>

Wish my missus was interested in the whole thing, she'd be getting that kit for sure!

Here ya go:

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Legacy_Trooper_Female

Hee hee!

-Eric

• Like 1

Hi Irina,

You're doing a wonderful job on the armor build so far! Are you referring to the space between the ab and kidney plates when viewed from behind?

------

I wouldn't worry too much about that. The ab plate has a different curve to it than the kidney plate so some gap will be there.  But if it really bothers you, you could use white velcro to close that area up. Another alternative is to trim some of the edge off of the kidney plate, but you will still have some gap remaining due to the differences in the curve.

---------

My recommendation would be to leave it as is or use velcro.  

Good luck with your build!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Small update. Get my armor from paint studio. Now it's shiny and white. A good friend of mine took away helmet aerators and made a brand new, modified pair.

The difference between my friend's pair and Kevin's pair is in construction. In the friend's version it's easier to insert the grille into aerator, and he used metal grille.

Here are them and how them look installed:

post-24845-0-94432500-1459853063_thumb.jpg

post-24845-0-83691000-1459853419_thumb.jpg

Edited by RishiAr
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Could I make weathering and be approved as femtrooper?

Depends on how much I'd say, As far as I know, there isn't a santrooper version of the femtrooper. But a little battle damage/weathering is fine IMO.

• 2 weeks later...