AP kit anh hero build.

Wow, bubble lenses are really... bubbly. I have never seen them that close up. They look really cool. Have you looked through them yet. People say it's an acquired taste.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

Wow, bubble lenses are really... bubbly. I have never seen them that close up. They look really cool. Have you looked through them yet. People say it's an acquired taste.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

I have no issues looking thru them at all. Just took a little time gettin use to the green look.  It doesnt bother me looking down where the edge or anything.

well i have 4 days off and its not to humid out to paint the bucket and few other things today.  We hand painting the whole bucket.  Its just in the early stages. Plus practice with the brush. the lines will be straighter and lot cleaner  trust me.  Me and my dad are very picky so it will be done right.

13570352_10206493937218127_1424056797_o.

13579837_10206493937258128_2085249304_o.

13549089_10206493937578136_1581013051_o.

Also yesturday got the email saying my BBB will ship as soon as the snaps come in for my ANH Hero shadowtrooper. which shall be next week. so this Hero may be put on hold bc I can have a spot in the wierd al show if i have this approved before the event. but ill post pics of both builds here 

I will let you know when we pull tape off later tonite. to get staight lines i would say yes that the tape helps. also we use a small paint brush first on edges than a bigger one for the other areas.

Ill post pics up after tapes comes off 

• Like 1

I will let you know when we pull tape off later tonite. to get staight lines i would say yes that the tape helps. also we use a small paint brush first on edges than a bigger one for the other areas.

Ill post pics up after tapes comes off

I know from working with latex paint when painting just walls in a house, that if you go along the edge of the tape line with a razor that it will help the tape come off cleaner without accidentally removing the paint you want to remain behind. Now since this is enamel based paint, that trick might not work the same. I'm not sure, but I figured it couldn't hurt to mention it.

So the tape came off. It ran a little but not much. So it is being redone. Sorry no pics bc someone got up early and cleaned the paint off. So no pics. Hopefully next paint and tape off ill have some pics for everyone.    Happy 4th July everyone

• Like 1

So the tape came off. It ran a little but not much. So it is being redone. Sorry no pics bc someone got up early and cleaned the paint off. So no pics. Hopefully next paint and tape off ill have some pics for everyone. Happy 4th July everyone

What did you use to remove the paint? Did you try the oven cleaner trick?

The green frog tape might be better at keeping it from running.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

where do you get that?  never heard of it but worth a try

Am quietly following this build and so far it's looking great. You're braver than me, I used the AP painted-look decals. There's some great reference pics of frowns on screen used buckets in the photo gallery on FISD. Looking at those they weren't perfectly crisp straight lines; you could just do them free hand...like your traps and tears.

Sent from my SM-J100Y using Tapatalk

Here you go, a pic. You can find it at Walmart, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. The green is medium strength, and the yellow is light. I highly recommend the green as it will bond a lot better to the material.

d46c0a46df8f7c5849d4cd7049cf44e7.jpg

I even used it to do my Armour tote.

c2c2dc0c5c8491e0551f5615aa7d411a.jpg

where do you get that? never heard of it but worth a try

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

A good tip to stop bleeding http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/23204-tip-on-tube-stripe-painting-with-no-bleed-through/unfortunately photos removed but you will get the idea

greatly appreciate all the help and info people are pointing me into.     Just to let people know the helmet we are painting is the stunt. This helmet is just a display and play helmet.  basically a practice before we get to the real hero helment. Hero helmet is cut out and ready for assemble. Our garrison is having armor party soon so this shall be completed than.  Thats when the helmet will be fully assembled.

I guess ya just spray it on and wait. Then the paint is supposed to come right off with a cloth.

What we do is spray a cotton ball with the goo gone. touch the area you want clean. Depends on how long it has dried it can take a few mins for it to come off but it does come off.

• 4 weeks later...

would these work for the screws on the thermal detonator for centurion??  i measured the head and its like 6mm .  the screws that came with kit are square head and will not pass. Only know this because a member in same garrison has same kit and pass on expert but will not get centurion because of wrong screw for the thermal detonator. 

20160730_113537.jpg

20160730_113518.jpg

• Like 1