Anovos Sizing and Lineage

I've been out of the loop for a bit. I know there have been some centurion anovos, but what is the lineage of their kit? Is it scanned or a custom sculpt? Also is the sizing different than other screen derived armors like ATA or AP? Im super short (5'6'' 122lb). 

I've been out of the loop for a bit. I know there have been some centurion anovos, but what is the lineage of their kit? Is it scanned or a custom sculpt? Also is the sizing different than other screen derived armors like ATA or AP? Im super short (5'6'' 122lb).

That's kind of an hornet nest you're kicking there buddy!

Word on the streets is that it is a scan from an RS, cleaned up to remove warps, warts and other oddities. Don't take that as cash though, only the people who worked directly on it would know for sure but that's the buzz on lineage...

As for sizing, I don't think I'm knowledgeable enough to go there but I'm sure plenty of good people here will come forward with an educated answer, so I'll leave that to the experts!!

EDIT : Ideal proportions for this suit is 5'8 to 5'11, 160 to 170. We're talking ideal body size YMMV...

Edited by =Sv3=

At 5'6" and 122lbs, you can easily make the Anovos kit work for you. At most you'll need to do some trimming.

What I *wouldn't* necessarily recommend this kit for is a bigger guy - someone who comes in north of 6' and 200lbs. Which makes sense given the scuttlebutt about the Anovos kit being derived from an RS kit. I'm 6'1", 220lbs, with an athletic build - I'm basically built like an NFL safety. I have this kit, but it's going to take some extra plastic to get it to fit me properly.

• Like 1

That's kind of an hornet nest you're kicking there buddy!

Yea :/ It always is, but I was really curious cause I couldn't find any info on it. I do know that I don't like how RS looks on my size cause the short calves make short dudes look shorter, and I feel like ata/ap/tm win for short guy troopers. But I wonder how the rs fit on short dudes translates to the anovos kit. 

At 5'6" and 122lbs, you can easily make the Anovos kit work for you. At most you'll need to do some trimming.

What I *wouldn't* necessarily recommend this kit for is a bigger guy - someone who comes in north of 6' and 200lbs. Which makes sense given the scuttlebutt about the Anovos kit being derived from an RS kit. I'm 6'1", 220lbs, with an athletic build - I'm basically built like an NFL safety. I have this kit, but it's going to take some extra plastic to get it to fit me properly.

I'm 6'3" 220lbs. Anovos fits fine with some simple side shims (for my girth) and heat bending the shoulder straps of the back plate up (for my height). Any taller than me and you'll likely need an ab shim as well.

I'm 6'3" 220lbs. Anovos fits fine with some simple side shims (for my girth) and heat bending the shoulder straps of the back plate up (for my height). Any taller than me and you'll likely need an ab shim as well.

Interesting. How big around are your flexed biceps? Mine are 17.5", and there is no way I can use the Anovos cut lines on the biceps without shimming - even with the return edges removed. I suspect the same will be true for my thighs and shins.

On top of that, the chest plate is too narrow and the shoulder bells are too small in both width and depth, as a result I have large spaces at the shoulders with the undersuit showing. Further, I can't get the biceps under my shoulder bells without completely removing the return edge on the bells.

Interesting. How big around are your flexed biceps? Mine are 17.5", and there is no way I can use the Anovos cut lines on the biceps without shimming - even with the return edges removed. I suspect the same will be true for my thighs and shins.

On top of that, the chest plate is too narrow and the shoulder bells are too small in both width and depth, as a result I have large spaces at the shoulders with the undersuit showing. Further, I can't get the biceps under my shoulder bells without completely removing the return edge on the bells.

If you're a body builder, you'll need shims in MOST armor. The biceps are definitely snug on me, but I squeak by not needing shims. There's a little extra black between the shoulder caps and the chest plate, but nothing unreasonable.

20160319234415-b0266b88-la.jpg

Still adjusting the shoulder bells a bit, probably adding a new strap to pull them in a little tighter, but they're definitely workable. (and this is without heat treating the shoulders to open them up more)

Edited by kman

Was just thinking. The ATA should be smaller then the anovos since the molds were cast over several generations. Please correct me if I'm wrong in this line of thinking though. But in my head that makes sense. So the ata might be better for a shorter trooper like me right?

Edited by psychotropic

Eeekk.. 6' / 215. Guess I'll need some extra work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're a reasonably fit 6' 215lb you can do it.

I left all the long edges untrimmed down to where the plastic turns 90* where it meets the vac-table (built in shims).

In the end I only needed extra material on the biceps (about 2mm on each side of the cut line- 17.5" biceps),

at the rear of the thighs (about 1" total split between the two sides), and in the middle of the calf (about .75" at the widest part of the calf, but then trimmed down lower than the ANOVOS cut line at the ankle).

I also had to add about 1.25" of shim to the kidney plate, because I've spent the last 5 years working myself to death with no time to exercise- but I made the shims break-aways so I can take them out in sections as I

get to fighting trim again.

The only other things I had to mod were spreading the shoulder bells out about 1.5" each so they would clear both my biceps and the thickness across the chest/back, and to flatten out the shoulder straps on the backplate to better fit my traps and get the backplate down closer to the kidney.

:smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

I'm 5'4" 150lb and working on my Anovos TK at the moment. I have no issues wearing the armor.

At this point I only trimmed the shins. But I still have a 2 inch overlap (yes you read right, overlap ;-) ) on both sides of the ab and kidney.

But I could fix this with some padding. I don't want to trim the ab and kidney. It would need me to trim the bud plate too.

So that would be like converting about 100$ worth of the armor into scrap plastic. :-)

And beside that, I think the armor will look terrible with such an extreme trimming.

But like I said, with some padding, the armor fits quite well.