Legion Membership Officer Introduction

Darth Aloha

Aloha Shiny Whites,

I apologize for the delay in posting this. Between election madness and then some work related travel I am finally getting a chance to sit down to use a keyboard that does not involve thumbs.

Please allow myself to introduce myself with a form letter going out on all the detachments forums.  I am Eric Brager your Legion Membership Officer (LMO) for 2016. If you recognize the name Darth Aloha it is likely due to my involvement with FISD as a two time Detachment Leader (DL). 

(this is part of a form letter I'm posting on all 15 detachments. Most of you all know who I am)

The LMO office this year is here to help. We will support the FISD goals for updating and creating new CRLs. Through your DL we will be an advocate, advisor, and champion. Most of all we will be accessible and approachable. No longer are the LMOs aloof and unreachable.

Last year saw the small but important changes to the Operating Protocols regarding CRLs. Section 7 states a few things that define a new working relationship between the detachments and the LMO. First is that a new costume may not be added to the Legion without completed CRL. Second is that the detachments are responsible for the creation and maintenance of the CRLs not the LMO. We do not make your CRLs. The result of these changes is that base level CRL requirements should not change unless the LMO and the DL are in agreement.  Thirdly and lastly the DL should solicit buy-in from the detachment community regarding changes.

In this new arrangement we have no choice but to work together. With that said every one of the 15 detachments will have an LMO representative assigned to them.

Your LMO rep is me!  He will be logging into your forums and contributing to your community, if he isn’t already doing so. The LMO office needs to be active in your community. That way we may fully understand each detachment’s vision and needs if we are going to support your CRL needs.

What is the next step in this glorious shiny new hug-fest? I am asking the DL to send their LMO representative (or post up) a list of CRL goals as well as issues, concerns, gripes, problems, woes that we can help with. I will be integrating that list into my ongoing high level goals for 2016 that will be posted publically on the forums. I encourage any discussion between the dets and the LMO office to occur out in the open on the forums as much as possible. 

If anyone reading this (and hasn’t dozed off) has a question of any kind they are welcome to PM me anywhere or email me. Your DL will be receiving my phone number shortly and is welcome to text or call anytime for any reason.

Let’s get some poodoo done this year.

-Eric

• Like 9

Good stuff Eric. Sounds like 2016 will close with a dance party on Endor! Have a fun year and good luck.

Yes and I'm using your bucket as a drum. Anyone got an Ewok leg bone I can use as a drumstick?

Good luck with the role Eric

I read this as "Yeah pfffft good luck with that!"

Thanks all. My PM and email door has been and remains open even in this new role. 

-Eric

• Like 1

Congrats Eric! Just wanted to clarify: there will be an LMO rep for each detachment. So in FISD's case you're both the LMO and LMO rep?

No no. Sorry man. There is an LMO person assigned to every detachment. So I liaise as LMO (per the operating protocol) with the DL or someone the DL appoints to deal with CRLs. There are 6 of us and we all have taken a couple of the 15 dets to help out. 

I just happen to also be working on Phasma and Shocktrooper but Tim gets the final approval on those CRLs and I'll ask another LMO to get eyes on it as well.

Who's this Eric guy?

I'm changing my name to UbiquitousTrooper.

Congrats Eric

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks Eric.

Congrats Eric. Chris G. had jokingly mentioned you two plotting to take over the empire. I called shenanigans hahaha. Looking forward to the updates. 

Sssssssssssh! We're not trying to be too too obvious. 

Congrats on the new gig! I better check who the LMO assigned to MEPD is.

Stalker!

As LMO I am helping SLD, MEPD, and FISD with their CRLs. The main forums I visit anyways. 

-Eric

Apologies for being late to the party here (in one way or another).  This week (is it really only Tuesday?) has been a serious armor bite in the backside so far, but good things are happening more or less as a result.

First things first, congratulations to Eric on the appointment to the LMO team!  This is just one example of the awesome work done ahead of the elections by our new LCO, in working to bring the Legion back to the Troopers.  A tour de force of an LCS, comprised of members who are engaged with us in the front lines of the trooping life is a good thing for all of us - that's my opinion anyway.

Next, a quick thank you for introducing yourself.  I'm not sure how many people here are familiar with you or your work in the Legion.  :D

Good things on the horizon for all, and this is just one small part of it - albeit Eric is a very large guy fulfilling that small part.

• Like 1