Vexus's AP Build Thread. Road to the 501st

Hello and welcome one and all to my very 1st build. I have ordered AP Untrimmed armor kit, and have all the juicy upgrades. I will be getting help from my local garrison, the great Garrison Carida!

It is Monday, and the Big Brown Box should be arriving Wednesday. I will be sure to post my photos, and maybe have someone document my excitement. Let's get to the checklist:

ORDERS RECEIVED - PARTS MADE

• UNDERSUIT
  • Rivets
  • Neck Seal with Bib
  • Webbing for Strapping
  • Straps
  • Imperial Boots
  • My Trooper Bin
  • Canvas Belt by Trooper Bay
  • Mesh for Bucket Frown
  • S Trim for Bucket
  • Microphone/Audio Set by iComm
  • Helmet Fans
  • Doopy's E-11 Blaster
  • AP Armor Kit

I am ahead of the game, and some say, the Blaster is the hardest part of the build, but check out my build thread. (Formally Prescott) http://www,whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35194-doopys-e-22-blaster-kit-build-thread/

Now that I have my build thread, I hope this will encourage me to begin work on my AP armor as soon as it arrives. I have reviewed and will continue to review AP threads for guidance and hope that I get some help from the good folks at FISD.

Here are some images of the parts I currently own :)

20160312_212757.jpg

The%20Bin.jpg

received_10153830066587778.jpeg

Wish me all the luck in the world. I am going to need it. Let's hope that I get this done soon so I can get out their and do some trooping before May 1st. I'd love to be part of my Garrison's "Blast-A-Trooper" :duim:

Edited by Vexus
  • Like 2

Thanks for the support everyone. Should be arriving tomorrow. Now, I have ordered the untrimmed kit. Any recommendations on how to begin the trimming process besides "carefully." lol

Crack it open and get to it! I had a rough plan of what order I wanted to do things though I held off all the gluing for a while. I ended building my bucket completely before anything else!

• Like 2

Yeah, since I had to get to work, I won't be able to start on this till later. But, I did want to ask, is there a .pdf document I may be able to download for reference? for  Size? Cutting.. etc. Am I serious? Perhaps... lol

Edited by Vexus

Alright,

So tomorrow I plan on officially getting my workstation all set up. I plan on tackling the bucket first. Anyone have any suggestions on how to trim and put together the RAW bucket?

Alright,

So tomorrow I plan on officially getting my workstation all set up. I plan on tackling the bucket first. Anyone have any suggestions on how to trim and put together the RAW bucket?

One of the "Legend's" threads:

HOWTO: ATA Helmet Build hand painted details PIC HEAVY!

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/28633-HOWTO%3A-ATA-Helmet-Build-hand-painted-details--PIC-HEAVY%21

• Like 2

One of the "Legend's" threads:

HOWTO: ATA Helmet Build hand painted details PIC HEAVY!

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?/topic/28633-HOWTO%3A-ATA-Helmet-Build-hand-painted-details--PIC-HEAVY%21

That was a big help. Thank you. 

Here we go... I just made a jump into a much larger world. Today, we trimmed the eyes and teeth. There are going to be LOTS of photos. Please, give me some comments and Criticism. This is my very 1st build. We are aiming for Stunt Centurion.  

20160325_105648_HDR.jpg

Let us begin... 

FIRST... I jumped and did a rough cut with the exacto knife and dremmel tool. 

20160325_110825.jpg

20160325_112416.jpg

Grinding it down some more... 

20160325_112756.jpg

20160325_112422.jpg

I file, I use sandpaper and use a finer tool to dig into the shape.. It is becoming more clear where to cut it down to.. Next photo shows the difference between a near finished/clean eye versus the rough cut. 

20160325_120325.jpg

I repeat the other side.. and behold.. 

20160325_122943.jpg

20160325_122911.jpg

Satisfied with the eyes, we end the day with cutting and smoothing out the teeth.. I used an exacto knife in the front, and a dremmel for the back so it is easier to cut. 

20160325_133501.jpg

20160325_133457.jpg

I think I did okay? 

20160325_133451.jpg

Better then too little then TOO MUCH. I am glad I started this thread. I wouldn't have done anymore trimming. :laugh1:

It's what the FISD is all about!

Troopers helping troopers Whoo-Wah!

• Like 2