Motorcycle helmet...

AWOL

Anybody ever used a faceplate on an open faced helmet before? I'm thinking of doing it...

Roughly lined up the faceplate and I think it'll work but the back is too short to go round so unless I get another back to extend it I'll only be able to put the faceplate and the ears on...

Would be interested to know/see if anyone else has done it before...

if it works kick it, if it doesn't work kick it till it does...

Tape it together and post pictures. I feel like the helmet would be the wrong shape though, too bulky.

Oh it's definitely too bulky, as I said the back isn't long enough to reach the faceplate it's a good 3inches too short...

But it's not to get 501st approval so it doesn't need to be screen accurate lol...

I can't take pics till the weekend as I've just got in my truck and I won't be home till Friday...

Oh I'm positive it can be done I just wanted to see if anyone had done it already so I could see how they'd done it...

While I was driving today it dawned on my that on I e of my bikes I have to raise my head to see in front of me, this would cause a problem if it had a complete back from a bucket on it so I've come to the conclusion that I will fit the faceplate and somehow attempt to get the bottom to match/meet the bottom of the helmet so I can still tilt my head back...

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This idea opens up possibilities. Last weekend, I helped a friend in building a tie pilot helmet based on a real helicopter pilot helmet with working visors fitted to a shadow trooper faceplate and included plenty of fittings and steel braided lines.  It's a pretty cool thing. And, as he said, "It's not Star Wars but it's Star Wars-ish."