From the DL

FISD Attache Program
Around the Detachment
Notable Troops

Just for Fun
Advanced Tactics Awards
Follow FISD

We honor the fallen.

On the 11th of February, 2016 Greggory Dewayne Sebren (TX-24244) of Garrison Tyranus (and recently transferred to Star Garrison became one with the force. Greg was eager for opportunities in which to represent the Legion. Greg is survived by his sister Tamara and his brother Gary. With all respect we now engrave Greg’s name in The Hall of Eternal Legionnaires.

med_gallery_18732_76_8122.jpg

It is with a very heavy heart that I report the passing of Jenny Riddle, jnnfr72, TK-9496.  She has been a member of the Imperial Propaganda Department for several years.

This one hits home for me, Jenny was the only EIB in Bloodfin Garrison when I started in 2011 and she helped and encouraged be to be an EIB and beyond.  She always had a smile and had positive things to say.  It has been a while since I trooped with her as she moved to Georgia but I had chatted with her a few times, but not as many as I would have liked.

I hesitate to say the cause of death, but I do know it was suicide...this too hits close to my heart.  I have lost 2 children due to this.  Life is short Troopers, live it to the fullest, enjoy all you can and love everyone.

Buckets off...Rest in peace my friend...

Jenny is the short trooper. I'm the other.

gallery_18732_76_11115.jpg

gallery_18732_76_78748.jpg

With Unquestioned Loyalty,

Mark Ryner
TK-4584 "captsafe66"
FISD Provost Marshal

Speaking Softly, and Carrying a DLT-19 This Month...

Last month, my first rambling as the DL was rather fun and happy.  This month, my first “official” rambling as the DL will be decidedly less so.  I’m going to continue a tradition – just for now – that dates back to at least last year and beseech all of you here to be aware of the scope, magnitude, and impact of what it is that you’re about to post here at all times.

I have officially been in position for less than three weeks today, and I have received a few emails asking me if I will ban users because of their negativity.  That’s kind of absurd, wouldn’t you say?  Not that someone would email me about another user, but that they’d have to.  For the record, I have no problem whatsoever with users emailing me with perceived issues here at the Detachment.  That’s one of the ways that things can be identified and solved, and I am the DL for the members after all.  If they cannot reach out to me, then I’m not being available to them, and that isn’t how this works.  So, I’m happy to receive emails or PMs from members who feel the need to make me aware of situations.  Please continue to feel free to do so.

Last year, Eric used one of his NL posts to get on the soap box, and say “let’s not be a bunch of (well-meaning) dicks to each other.”  Now, I’m not as tall as he is, so maybe I have to get a slightly higher soap box to be heard more clearly than he was, because even though the overwhelming majority of the people here are helpful and well-mannered/well-spoken all of the time, there is a small number out there who are always helpful yet unaware of the impact of how they’re saying things. 

One of my main goals this year is to make the forums more user friendly for the newcomers.  If they don’t feel welcomed, they won’t stay here.  Bottom line.  The same applies to our regular members and contributors.  If they feel belittled, or unappreciated, they won’t stay and that hurts rather than helps others here.  It’s “Troopers Helping Troopers,” not “Troopers Meaning to Help, but not Finding a Polite or Reasonably Respectful Means of Getting Their Message of Help Across to Troopers.”  That’s really a mouthful, and it would look horrible in signature banners. 

You’ve all heard the old mom’s saying “If you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything at all” right?  Or..  “It’s not what you say, but how you say it that matters.”  Keep these things in mind Troopers.  Seriously.  Keep them in mind.  Whether you’ve been here for nine plus years, or nine plus minutes, you deserve the same level of respect and assistance as anyone else, and I expect that you’ll show each other that same respect and assistance that you either receive daily, or would have liked to have had as a new member. 

So if you see someone asking the same question that you’ve answered literally 2,187 times since you’ve been here, or if you see the same “how do I do…” post that you’ve seen 1,138 times this year, even if you know the answer, if you can’t find a respectful way to post it at the moment I’m going to ask you to let it go.  Don’t answer it.  If you’re having a bad day at the office, or at the house, or on the golf course, or your favorite hockey team got whipped up 5-0 last night as they’re supposed to be gearing up for the playoffs, and you can’t keep your currently sour mood out of the forums, then read, don’t post.  Let someone else respond.  Maybe a fan of the team that blanked yours last night.  They’re probably in a better mood than you are, and the person asking the question will benefit more from their answer than your own at the moment.

I’m going to be working with Mark (captsafe66) to add more deputies to the Provost Marshall team, and they and the Staff are going to be asked to be a little more Stormtrooper-like about things in the coming months.  If you are being that well-meaning jerk in the forums, I expect them to get on your case about it.  I expect you to be told to move along.  No matter whom you are.  If I’m doing it, because maybe my favorite hockey team got blasted 5-0 last night, I expect them to get on to me about it.  I’m no better than anyone else.  I’m human.  We all have bad days.  Some of us have more than others, more often than others.  Know yourself and your posting style.  Look in the mirror and ask yourself if you’re a jerk on the forums more than most people.  If you think you might be, then by all means, keep posting but be aware of that, and how your words might impact other users.

Off of the soap box now. 

So, that's enough Heavy Weapons Trooper behavior for the time  being.   :smiley-sw013:

The IPM has once again put together an awesome Detachment Newsletter for you.  There is a lot of good information ahead of you here and some really exciting stuff coming in the next few months as well.  We’re getting the planning underway for the Tenth Anniversary Celebration of the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment, so if you as a member have any ideas that you think sound fun, reach out to a member of the Command Staff and share it with them.  I cannot promise that it will be used, but I can promise that it will be shared among and reviewed by the Staff for use.  This is your Detachment, be involved.  Help us to make it better for you.  

Since I mentioned the Command Staff, please click on that link if you didn't see the announcement made on March 9th, and become familiar with who they are.  We are here to improve this Detachment and keep it running smoothly for you, and we're very serious about both of those things.

Speaking of improvements, there is a new thread in the forums (Besides the Command Staff Announcement, and besides the literally hundreds of other ones) that I'd like to specifically draw some attention to, and it is this one here:  For Those About To Troop, We Salute You.  The purpose of that thread is that once you new TKs have received your Legion approval and your TKID, you can come back and and have a place to share a bit of your story with the even newer members who maybe have not even ordered their kit yet.  Perhaps something that you share in that thread once you've established your 501st Legion member forum access will help a fellow new forum member in ways that you can't imagine.  Remember, Troopers Helping Troopers!  So get your TKID, get your forum access established, and get over there to make your "Hey look, I got approved!!!" post and share it for everyone to see!

Remember, if it’s a great time to be a Star Wars fan, it’s a better time to be a Stormtrooper. 

We’re in for a fun year, Troopers.  Spread the word, share the love!

Tim
TK-51878 "Dark CMF"
FISD Detachment Leader

gallery_18732_76_27958.png

The FISD is currently looking to fill quite a few positions in the Imperial Attache program, and is looking for qualified people to fill them.  Our main goal is to have at least two in every Garrison, and at least one in every Squad and Outpost.

Some of the main missions of this program include:

1.  Being a liason between your unit and the FISD, keeping us informed of news, updates, etc. of things happening in your area.

2.  Being active on the boards (both here and on a local level) helping new recruits, answering questions, welcoming new folks to the FISD.

3.  Assisting and encouraging both new and approved members to reach EIB and Centurion level.

The qualifications are:

1.  Have official status as a full, active 501st Legion Stormtrooper.

2.  Must have built your own armor.

3.  Be in good standing with the FISD and your local unit, and not under any disciplinary action.

4.  Be an active participant on the FISD and your local boards.

5.  A suggested level of EIB or above.

Benefits:

1.  In addition to the title FISD Imperial Attache, you will have access to the Imperial Propaganda Machine area of the FISD - the same area as the photoshop team (Combat Photographers) and other extended staff in order to share ideas, information, file reports, and ensure any best practices are shared among the entire team.

2. Access to the Attache Headquarters section-  To discuss things related to the position.

3. Access to merchandise for Attaches only, (coming soon) i.e. patches, decals, stickers, etc.  Challenge coins are being discussed as well.

So, if you enjoy helping future, new, and present TKs out, have a good working knowledge of armor, and are interested in joining up, just post on the link listed below with your qualifications and reason(s) for wanting to be a part of the program. We will review your post, and get back to you as soon as we can.  If you have any specific questions, you are more than welcome to PM me, and I look forward to welcoming you to the rank of Imperial Attache!

Click here to find out more!

Joseph Pedigo
TK-10963 "justjoseph63"

FISD Amabassador

Newbies and veterans alike are getting to work building ANOVOS OT TK kits, and if you have ever had a question while you’re slicing and dicing and clamping and gluing, there are two threads on whitearmor that you need to know about.

Both started by Tony (ukswrath), they detail his own personal build as well as a general discussion forum where people are covering issues they run into with parts, numbering, fitment and more. If you’re building an ANOVOS trooper, these are the threads you’re looking for…

Discussion Forum: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35142-anovos-tk-discussion-forum/

Ukswrath Build Thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/

Both will be an incredible resource for anyone who is building this armor, and especially for other first timers like myself. For help with specific parts (including trimming, fitment, and assembly), visit page one of Tony’s build thread, which contains links to jump to each section of his thread, which as of the time I am writing this, is already 42 pages long.

Here are some of the common questions and issues that have come up:

Are the kits 501st approvable out of the box?

Not really - it’s not the “kit” that gets approved, but the final build for each person. So, assuming you assemble everything correctly and that it all fits properly to your body, it would be REALLY close to basic approval. The most notable exception is the belt - ANOVOS kit comes with 4 connections (Chicago screws), but ANH Stunt basic approval calls for only two. Presumably, most folks will be building this as ANH Stunt - more modifications would be needed if you were trying to build ANH Hero. Your options are to mod the belt to make it approvable or to replace it.

Beyond basic approval, if you’re going for EIB or Centurion, here are some things you’ll need to address:

The elastic used for chest-to-back connection should be white, as opposed to the black that comes in the ANOVOS kit.

ANOVOS cloth gloves should be switched for rubber, and the ABS handplates should be switched for latex.

ANOVOS-supplied belt will be appropriate with mods for EIB, but not for Centurion - you’ll need to replace it entirely.

Some buckets may need extra clean up or detail work done. Specifically, check out your helmet’s frown - there seems to be some variance in how they look. If yours has overspray from frown paint, get some mineral spirits and clean it up. The tube stripes may or may not need to be relocated, as well. The brow trim may need to be moved or replaced, depending on what yours looks like. Lastly, you may or may not need to trim some of the return edge around the eyes.

Some of my pieces look melted or deformed. Is there something wrong?

Some of the pieces are not perfectly symmetrical - kidney plate, the details on the cod and ab plate, and some amount of “imperfection” is okay and to be expected. Check out the gallery images that show the screen-used armor - some definite “funk” going on there. However, some people have noticed issues with vacuum-forming funk going beyond the trim lines and into the armor - something like that would be a problem, and if you have questions you can post in a build thread to get some feedback on it.

Frequent issues:

One glaring issue that lots of people have noticed is that the Anovos instructions are mislabeled. The instructions say, in one panel, you’ll need pieces 38 and 39. However, in the next panel, pieces 27 and 28 are shown. Compounding that problem, some of the leg pieces have been misnumbered - so be extra careful when you’re trimming and fitting your pieces. It’s a little up-in-the-air how they ultimately need to come together. Take extra time on the fitment and take lots of pictures to get advice from others before you glue anything.

Check these two threads out if you’re building an ANOVOS TK - you’ll be glad you did. Huge thanks to Tony for his hard work on the build, the threads, and sharing his experience with us!

Alison Machado

"manyhighkicks"

Imperial Propaganda Department

Seismic 40+ Armor Party Rocks So Cal Garrison

Celebration Anaheim is behind us, but the hundreds of fans who took advantage of the Anovos pricing on TK armor have begun receiving their brown boxes.

In the spirit of Troopers Helping Troopers, the SCG's Orange County Squad hosted a massive armor party to get those new troopers up and running. SCG will soon nearly double its original trilogy Stormtrooper contingent.

With over 40 builders and another 20+ SCG members there to help, this was an event of EP!C Fire Team proportions. Hosted by OCS leader Rob "Supreme Counselor" Stelmar (TK-5621) and SCG XO Jason "No Pants" Cecil (TK-32571) at a local high school (where Rob is an administrator), the builders created a sea of white (and one more Phasma in the making) in the school's lunch area.

There were stations for builders to visit for specific details, such as the EIB/Centurion station hosted by Francisco "Echo" Owens (TK-19191), as well as a garrison information table with card trading and general garrison procedures. SCG's new GCO, Drew "Drewid" Hannah (IG-4237), gave his first public address of the year, welcoming all the new builders and sharing his excitement.

The massive influx of TKs will really help us increase our presence at more of the charity and public events we support each year. With Rogue One coming out this year, and with a growing list of parade requests, we hope to also show the true force of the Empire around Southern California.

LadyInWhite (aka "Mama TK")

TK-6818 Ingrid Moon

Make-A-Wish: Welcoming home Nolan - Portland

Yesterday, we welcomed Wish Kid Nolan at the Portland International Jetport from his Jedi training at Disney World. We had three TKs, an Obi-Wan, and a Mando Merc in attendance, plus myself and one of our TK's sons as wranglers/photographers.

Nolan got to show off his newly acquired Jedi talents to our costumers. We presented gift bags full of Star Wars toys to Nolan and his little brother. Smiles and laughs were had all around and it was a good, short event. The Make-A-Wish staff helped make things very easy for us, and things couldn't have gone more smoothly. This was the first time I got to see an event like this first hand, and I couldn't have wiped the grin off my face if I tried. :D

The overall reactions of everyone looking on, especially the two younglings, is what makes me so excited to be part of this group! Now I just need to finish my non-Death Trooper costume, and I can suit up myself for events like this ;)

More here http://www.whitearmo...rtland-me-2716/

Mike - SolidScrafty - 80494

Educational event: Planets in the Park

This was actually through my work in partnership with the local Astronomical association. Activities for kids, photos w 501st members and very large and expensive telescopes set up for everyone to gaze into the heavens...

More here: http://www.whitearmo...ts-in-the-park/

Clint - cm325i - 16311

Malachi's Birthday

I wanted to share with you guys a troop I participated in this past Saturday. Of all the times I have put the white armor on so far, this is the one I will remember. Here is a cut-and-paste from the Carolina Garrison's Mission Reports...

gallery_18732_76_41239.jpg

gallery_18732_76_8524.jpg

More here: http://www.whitearmo...achis-birthday/

Bryan - trooper96 - 14082

Mimi IS ONE OF US!

Everyone remembers the heartwarming story of Mimi. She is the little sweetheart who underwent cancer treatment and was visited by members of the Midwest Garrison. She wanted to go for a walk and took the hand of our own TK 41551 (Eric Werner) and the rest is 501st history

More here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35884-mimi-is-one-of-us/

Steve - gazmosis - 4034

Glen "Q" Rhodes
TK-85421 "gmrhodes13"
Imperial Propaganda Department

Has anyone seen a Stormtrooper take the main stage in a music video before?

I haven't. Stormtrooper TK-22304 - Tómas Árnason stars in this music video by Bara Heiða and plays as, you guessed it, a Stormtrooper. He wasn't exactly experiencing the best of time until he met someone....

I can't stop singing "Stoooorm...Stoooorm...Stooorm....Stoooooooormtrooper..." (you'll see what I mean when you watch the video) and I think it's a brilliant song.

You can download the song here: https://baraheida.bandcamp.com/

Bara Heiða - Stormtrooper

This is madness!

gallery_18732_76_36947.jpg

If you thought of King Leonidas to kicking the man above into oblivion you thought wrong!

Star Wars March Madness is here and again and it up to us Imperial Citizens to vote for our favorite heroes. There are really only three people you are allowed to vote for: the Emperor, Darth Vader, or Governor Tarkin. Much to the displeasure of the Emperor and Tarkin, Lord Vader expects to win again just as he did last year. Any other outcome would end in you Stormtroopers on sanitation duty for the until he wins again. That's right. Sanitation for one whole year.

So do you duty and VOTE!

Evan Loh
TK-24127 "evan_loh"
FISD Public Relations Officer

This month the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment would like to congratulate:

Expert Infantry Badge Award:

Joe Progar "Trogdor" TK-13881

Michael Betsko "DesertMonkey" TK-32478

Karl Germyn "Gloves" TK-21122

Terry Browning "Navajo Bro" TK-8869

Mario de la Peña "SStormtrooper" TK-55839

Brandon Ragan "Target92" TK-42806

Francis Moreira "Backstep" TK-88001

Lee Massey "Monster72SW" TK-29772

Steve Tennison "Chip" 24271

Jose Valera "drumstrooper" TK-11654

Andy Samson "Tig70" TK-83970

Daryl Doak "daryldoak" TK-11371

Fernando Llorca "Lord Darzu" TK-71987

Jamie Godfrey "TKMowsearz" TK-9592

Allan Liefke "allan1313" TK-97491

Centurion Award:

David Camacho "Nacho" TK-46700
Roy Ice "IceStormTK" TK-93500

Brandon Ragan "Target92" TK-42806

Ben DeVries "Buttons" TK-76327

Stand tall and be proud of what you have achieved troopers. You will now be deployed into the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Advanced Tactics Roster. Make us proud troopers!

The FISD is always looking for new applicants for our Advanced Tactics program so please do not hesitate to apply if you meet the standards! Our Deployment Officer and armorers are here to help and guide you through to success!

Feel like your armor is up to standards and worth of recognition? Apply for the Expert Infantry Badge Program now!

Want to go the extra mile, raise the standards of Stormtrooper armor, and be the envy of your peers? Apply for the Centurion Program now!

Note: Applicants need to be EIB approved before applying for Centurion.

Evan Loh
TK-24127 "evan_loh"

Don't Forget We're on Facebook and Twitter!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/whitearmor
If you're on FB, stop by and say hi, ask questions, and share stories!

Twitter: www.twitter.com/FISD501st or @FISD501st
follow FISD on Twitter!

Instagram: www.instagram.com/501stfisd

Evan Loh
TK-24127 "evan_loh"

On behalf of the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Command Staff and the Imperial Propaganda Department,

<End Transmission>

• Like 13

Great work guys!  Another excellent newsletter.  Tim's entry is right on point.  There were some great troops as well this past month.  That is what all of this troopers helping troopers is about!

I have been on FISD for about 8 months and everyone has been beyond helpful. This month I got my TK ID and EIB badge and couldn't be more exited to get out there on more troops. In the spirit of trooper helping troopers I believe that everyone should pay it forward. I have received help from a number of members and would not hesitate to help others as much as I can.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Another Newsletter full of epicness - and it even features my "The Dream" Video *-*

It was Brattie who posted it on FB the other day  I instantly fell in love with it posting it all over the place, buying the song, voting, fangirling extremely.

Bara even contacted me after buying it and we had a little chat, she´s such a dear (potential candidate for interviews on the various podcasts? )

And of course I told her she´s mentioned here - she was so happy :)

TK-22304 did an AWESOME job :)

Can´t wait for the April Newsletter

• Like 2

Another Newsletter full of epicness - and it even features my "The Dream" Video *-*

It was Brattie who posted it on FB the other day  I instantly fell in love with it posting it all over the place, buying the song, voting, fangirling extremely.

Bara even contacted me after buying it and we had a little chat, she´s such a dear (potential candidate for interviews on the various podcasts? )

And of course I told her she´s mentioned here - she was so happy :)

TK-22304 did an AWESOME job :)

Can´t wait for the April Newsletter

Great Newsletter. 

Special thanks from Bara Heiða, the team behind the music video and myself of course. We are overwhelmed with the reaction. Thank you all for your support and kind words  :smiley-sw013:

OMG I love that song.. it's awesome!

Great Newsletter too guys.. as always you keep us informed and up to date..

• Like 3