ANOVOS' TFA New Order Tie Fighter Pilot. Opinion:

artimorty

Hi guys.<br>

Been hit by an AnOvOs e-mail with the news of a opening pre-order for TFA tie fighter pilot fiber glass helmet.<br>

Here is the link.<br>

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.anovos.com/products/star-wars-the-force-awakens-first-order-tie-fighter-pilot-helmet-premier-line-accessory-pre-order'>http://www.anovos.com/products/star-wars-the-force-awakens-first-order-tie-fighter-pilot-helmet-premier-line-accessory-pre-order</a><br><br>

Though I know there has been some issues regarding the accuracy of TFA anovos helmets, I would like to have opinions on this one, cause the pictures (prototype as usual) look terrific to me. I really like the look of this bucket!<br>

Will this worth the price and wait?

I really like the new look to the tie pilots. I honestly think I like it more then the originals. But for that price, it's hard to justify. The standard line one will likely be around 250$ which is a little easier to deal with.Ā 

• Like 2

Following dejango's advice, I tried to make a search on skygunpro's posts here on the fisd to see if I could see any of his works but I'm probably doing something wrong cause it came out nothing no see... Any link recommended? Better try on the rpf?<br>

I'm starting to understand this hobby is like a hole in the pocket. I want everything I see!

Following dejango's advice, I tried to make a search on skygunpro's posts here on the fisd to see if I could see any of his works but I'm probably doing something wrong cause it came out nothing no see... Any link recommended? Better try on the rpf?<br>

I'm starting to understand this hobby is like a hole in the pocket. I want everything I see!

SGB has a facebook page you can check out.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Skygunbro's is probably of better quality AND cheaper to be honest. ANOVOS has a tendency to overprice their first-order stuff.Ā 

Ā 

I've ordered a SGB lid, it should be shipped this week.Ā  I would say his ones are the best ones around so far but if you have a tiny pinhead it may be worth checking with him the size and dimensions before ordering.Ā  Here is a pic of his lid with a tape measure for circumference sizing.Ā  I compared this with my TD lid and it is 2" bigger, BUT the TFA TIE "nose" does seem to stick out at a more raked angle than a traditional TD lid.Ā  10438585_10204319480025948_5563479316806

Ā 

Here is the width across the lid, which is the same as my TD lid:

Ā 

10392266_10204319479145926_3121378600965

Ā 

I am 5'6" so acutely aware of looking like a bobblehead once my lid is on, but hopefully I'll carr this one off ;D

Edited by oo-tee-dee!

Thanks for the info Rachel, for what I've seen on fb, SGB is a very tempting option, and reasonably priced.<br>

All I've to do now is to figure out how to match my "want" pile with my "can afford" pile and order one of those.