Questions about Rom/fx

Hi all.

I wonder if it´s hard to get hold of John, have tried with mail for a week and a half but no answer.

Or is he real hard to get hold of. And does any know if he has in stock or just sell when he has a batch.

1. Can you just buy the fx board, don´t need the whole kit.

2. Or does he just sell whole kits.

Edited by Subgathory

John can be a little tricky to get in touch with from time to time. He typically produces a few runs annually, and that's what he sells. I'm not positive if by "just the fx board" you mean the stripped down circuit board or not, but he sells the boards in their completed state, with a speaker and microphone. There are no "kit" options as the armors are offered.

• Like 1

John can be a little tricky to get in touch with from time to time. He typically produces a few runs annually, and that's what he sells. I'm not positive if by "just the fx board" you mean the stripped down circuit board or not, but he sells the boards in their completed state, with a speaker and microphone. There are no "kit" options as the armors are offered.

Ok well i mean if you look at the homepage. he´s not just offering the whole board all is in kit like this one 

The ROM/FX Classic Kit contains:-

ROM/FX Classic Static Burst Voice Amp

Microphone (new bendy style mic is included, not as pictured)

Speaker (2m lead) with Velcro pads

Duracell Ultra M3 9V PP3 Battery

NOTE: Due to no longer being able to ship batteries, the

Classic now comes with a 12 volt setup, which consists

of an 8 x AA Battery Box

PCB Balloon

Instruction sheet

I´m just after ROM/FX Classic Static Burst Voice Amp cuse the rest i already have

John will sell just the board, I purchased mine from him that way.

You will have to talk with him about it though as he does generally sell them as a complete package.

Just be patient and remember that for many vendors this is a part time gig and they have lives outside the Empire :D

Edit: found the emails from him when I ordered mine.  Here is what he quoted me.  It was a year ago so that may not be current pricing.

I can do a ROM/FX Raw (no mic or speaker) if you do want one, they are £110 GBP plus shipping.

Bob

Edited by bobio

John will sell just the board, I purchased mine from him that way.

You will have to talk with him about it though as he does generally sell them as a complete package.

Just be patient and remember that for many vendors this is a part time gig and they have lives outside the Empire :D

Edit: found the emails from him when I ordered mine.  Here is what he quoted me.  It was a year ago so that may not be current pricing.

Bob

Ok good too know... just wait and see if he makes up a batch soon or so  :)

Edited by Subgathory

To clarify, when I said "board vs kit" I meant the empty circuit board, so you could do your own electronics project with it, as opposed to a built and working ROMFX with the electronics components installed, as that's what I was confused about onnyour question. :)

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

To clarify, when I said "board vs kit" I meant the empty circuit board, so you could do your own electronics project with it, as opposed to a built and working ROMFX with the electronics components installed, as that's what I was confused about onnyour question. :)

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Yea i figure it. :) so don´t you worry :)

I can afford it but I rather avoid the grief attached from Mrs. Airborne. If it has a lot more bells and whistles then it may be worth just buying the board. I do agree that the ICOMM takes a lot of bucket room, and before anyone comments, I want everything contained in the bucket, no cables other than a power cable after I convert to Tony's setup this Spring. 

• Like 1

The rom/fx is so much better than icomm. When price is not the issue, always go romfx.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I agree, too bad he doesn't produce but a handful a year. Wanted to add his unit to my sales but he wouldn't make them in mass quantities not to mention he's hard to reach at times. Other than that they're awesome

As Tony mentioned, the size, and "all-in-one" nature of the RomFX make it my favorite.  

The iComm is loud, no doubt about that, but I feel that the RomFX provides better voice modulation and for me, the ability to fit it into my helmet is an awesome plus.

Also, as bells and whistles go, if you get the more expensive version of the board, you have the ability to play MP3 sounds/multiple inputs, so blaster sounds or something of the like are available to you as well.

• Like 1

if you get the more expensive version of the board, you have the ability to play MP3 sounds/multiple inputs, so blaster sounds or something of the like are available to you as well.

Man I must have bought the bargain basement version, that's awesome. Looks like I may be buying another. sell off my old one 

• Like 2

Man I must have bought the bargain basement version, that's awesome. Looks like I may be buying another. sell off my old one 

Yeah...  That's an accurate assessment, and I've already considered doing the same.  Imagine being able to pump your chatter into the same system.  One less amp.

I call dibs! 

:laugh1:  :duim:

Yeah...  That's an accurate assessment, and I've already considered doing the same.  Imagine being able to pump your chatter into the same system.  One less amp.

OOOOHHHHH YEAAAA!  :dancing-trooper:

• Like 1