Modifications on My SDS...

Hello out there! Got myself a SDS UNFORTUNATELY before I joined FISD and done a tons of research...I have made quite some mods on my armor...

This is how it looks originally

0345e974c8b52b2ceb73586d725d0877.jpg

8a373598f59cbd3b77400befbaf71994.jpg

And after the journey for knowledge...

*Canvas belt replacement with Holster

*Resizing the thighs, shins, forearm

*Trimming the chest plate and kidney

*Replacing the internal strapping system (not complete)

*Doopydoos E-11 blaster

90c97332de7ea76524b14fb211b3238f.jpg

93f8ad1d4905df8396fd235bf10222c0.jpg

837852a8186a17afa54405e08f50bd2d.jpg

2ea93e618eaf501925550960e1e5a584.jpg

79caccd23b0df2f212c4040f39bcbc9e.jpg

38ad59787e1d95e36d525340d9a4f1b2.jpg

I'm not really sure if I'm on the right track for approval... And I will adjust the belt soon... But I sure enjoyed the modding progress A LOT! Any more advice on the modifications? Please!!!! And Thankyou all crafting masters out there!

Edited by ivantam303

Hey, i'm making mods on my SDS at the moment, too.

You'll need to glue all the limbs except shins. (Or cut the armour and do butt joints and coverstrips)
I'm glueing limbs, but will add coverstrips on top.

Have you changed shape of the knee ammo pack? I need to reshape mine so the angle on top corners = 90 degrees and bottom corners = rounded. Also, I need to move the knee back down a bit.

Have you glued front shoulder straps to chest plate?

And as Locitus says, the rivets on side are huge.

Your 'after photos' are MUCH better than the 'before photos'. :)
  • Like 1

Hey, i'm making mods on my SDS at the moment, too.

You'll need to glue all the limbs except shins. (Or cut the armour and do butt joints and coverstrips)

I'm glueing limbs, but will add coverstrips on top.

Have you changed shape of the knee ammo pack? I need to reshape mine so the angle on top corners = 90 degrees and bottom corners = rounded. Also, I need to move the knee back down a bit.

Have you glued front shoulder straps to chest plate?

And as Locitus says, the rivets on side are huge.

Your 'after photos' are MUCH better than the 'before photos'. :)

Thankyou it's great to hear that!! :)

Yes I have changed the shape of the knee ammo box

And glued the shoulder straps in the front and white strings at the back! I added the white elastic for the shoulder bell connection beneath the cover strips as well!

I Think I have to work on the cover strips as u mentioned but I'm lacking ABS :/

This was my pictures I submitted, all I changed was my belt! I did forget to put my neck seal on in these pics, but for me the armour fit perfectly !

Cool man lucky for you! I am little Short for a stormtrooper so I had to make those resizings...

But did you get basic approval with the pictures? I sent these to my GML and what I have to do are to add the coverstrips on the back of thighs and arms and the snaps of course.

So have you still got velcro closure on all limbs?<br>

I've had to glue ALL limbs except shins and put coverstrips on biceps and forearms (front ant back), and coverstrips on rear of thighs and shins. Must admit, the coverstrips DO make the outfit look much better.<br>

Edit: And the detonator clip is still plastic?

Edited by humperdingle

So have you still got velcro closure on all limbs?<br>

I've had to glue ALL limbs except shins and put coverstrips on biceps and forearms (front ant back), and coverstrips on rear of thighs and shins. Must admit, the coverstrips DO make the outfit look much better.<br>

Edit: And the detonator clip is still plastic?

I added coverstrips on the shins but havent glue the thighs and arms yet. Also I havent added the cover strips on thighs due to not enough ABS...any idea how to make it work without extra ABS? I think Ill cut some spare off for the coverstrips for the arms. As for the detonator, No I made a aluminum one.

Mine is all the same.....Velcro on all parts and the detonator is the one that came with it!! It must of changed in the last year then.<br>

I have an anovos one I'm in the process of building so that will be done all glued and that jazz.

Cool bro! Have fun with the Anovos kit. I will invest in an Anovos maybe few months later cuz I just ordered a Shadow Stormtrooper TX kit to work on.