help needed on rear sight

kevin926

Hello all, I have all the specs I need however I am missing the rear sight specs. I did see the specs on a set that were later called inaccurate and all of the specs were updated and made accurate but I didn't see updated specs for that part. I have a detailed pipe template with the correct specs that everything has lined up perfectly with but when I tried the rear sight specs, they weren't even close. I am using a 38mm pipe so I'm guessing that's part of it. Can anyone guide me to the proper specs or share the measurements. Thanks in advance. Kevin

Edited by kevin926

On 3/20/2016 at 3:40 AM, Tr00per said:

how does one measure a rear sight with all the curves and being intakt ?

Ā 

What measure do you need ?

Ā 

Another cheap way is this ---------

Ā 

thanks for the link. you are correct on how could you measure the rounded parts.Its tricky but could be done with listing degrees. If you have theĀ height. length and width then you would just need the radius. Ā I was hoping for a template.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

thanks for the link. you are correct on how could you measure the rounded parts.Its tricky but could be done with listing degrees. If you have theĀ height. length and width then you would just need the radius. Ā I was hoping for a template.

That's something i can't help you with.. :(

Ā 

Ā 

On 3/20/2016 at 5:41 AM, kevin926 said:

thanks for the link. you are correct on how could you measure the rounded parts.Its tricky but could be done with listing degrees. If you have the height. length and width then you would just need the radius. I was hoping for a template.

gDG01Up.jpg

Ā 

Sorry for the crudeness of the drawing, my laptop is in the truck...

Ā 

The pin through the centre holding the foldable sight is 5.6mm...

Ā 

If you remove the end cap the sight is mounted 20.65mm from the end of the tube...

Ā 

Hope this helps...

Ā 

if it works kick it, if it doesn't work kick it till it does...

Perfect and thankyou. This will work. I used your drawing and measured my doopy one and they are really close. The biggest issue on the doopy is the bottom plate is off being 3mm too thick. The rest of the doopy site is as close as a 100th of an inch so I thick I can template the doopy onto aluminum and just rework the bottom plate , thanks again. Kevin

Edited by kevin926