100% Authentic ANH Hero Stormtrooper build (1st gen from screen-used hero)

Here’s a pic of one of my 100% authentic ANH Hero Stormtroopers with all the parts laid out.

Every single armor component was molded directly from a screen-used hero helmet and armor, as well as all the fabric components.

All the hardware was matched to the vintage specs and the boots are vintage originals.

It is as accurate as a trooper costume can actually be without owning an original. I don’t know what could be improved on it at this point.

I’ve had this for quite awhile now but just haven’t had the time to work on any personal projects.

I’ll also be putting together a sandtrooper alongside this one and will post up pics of the builds as I make progress.

There are more pics on my Facebook page.

--------

-------

And here's a pic of the original screen-used hero it was molded and patterned from.

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 2

The hero suits in anh had a diamond sniper plate? Isn't this just an old efx kit?

Comparing this to EFX is like comparing apples to dried prunes!!!  

The diamond knee is there to make a sandy which is basically the same armor with some different  parts

Edited by ABS80

Since he works for efx.....I know why the diamond plate is there. I found it humourous that it's apparently also from Luke's hero suit ( the shorter of the two in his pics) as well as the 35 year old boots in perfect condition. It's still an interesting kit he should build.

Edited by sylverbard

Since he works for efx.....I know why the diamond plate is there. I found it humourous that it's apparently also from Luke's hero suit ( the shorter of the two in his pics) as well as the 35 year old boots in perfect condition. It's still an interesting kit he should build.

This isn't Luke's hero suit. Just another one of the 6 hero's that were made.

The diamond plate was not part of this suit, but I had access to a screen-used diamond plate that was from another source.

I'm planning on making two trooper displays, a hero and sandy.

The 35 year old boots were not in pristine condition as there was some scuffing on the bottom of the soles (showing that they were used at least a little) but other than that their condition is surprisingly good everywhere else. Now I need to ruin their surface by removing the polish and get paint on them!

Edited by GINO

Armor selling tips:

First, lower your standards, have all your customers sign a NDA, then threaten to sue them if they aren't happy with what they get. Then you need to get a couple of your employees on staff at the Legion to advertise for you. It's best if you can get the LMO in your pocket. Don't forget to lie about screen accuracy and the origins of your product. 

Hope this helps.

Edit:  for all the noobs that think I'm talking smack about Gino and his kit -

Gino is one of our long time armorers. Us "garage builders" need to stick together.

Edited by TK4205
  • Like 3

Very cool! But what about the EFX Stormtrooper armor that should be released some day? I suppose yours is identical with what EFX will offer?

What else it could be. Sergiu   :rolleyes:

Nice to see that Gino could made some personal copy ('s) for himself of that set which were given to EFX for casting and licenced selling for about 3 or 4 years now.

Well, i  can not be mean with him,if would be him i had made it the same if i had the chance.

But to show it up to here, as "your" armour Gino has a bad taste for me.

It's something like:

Look what i copied from screen used stuff over the time, cause i had acces o the LFL archieves and worked with EFX .

Something you will never ever have cause EFX is meanwhile just skint,stony-broke and will never release anything else of those products which were announced for about 3 years ago.

Sorry but that's :duimomlaag:

At the end this thread i think is just something to poke you in a better spotlight, or make some guys envious which criticized you and efx on meanwhile every board, for your bad customer service and your unaccomplished announcements.

Btw. Is this a licenced copy you made there for you?

And if YOU could made this very nice casts, why not efx could do it in 3 years? :)

Edited by Turrican
  • Like 2

One of the perks of being the product developer for projects like this is of course I can make my own.

I don't have the time to work on projects for myself very much anymore so I like to show off some of my work whenever I get a chance.

Even though I work for EFX, I'm still a member of the community and still have a passion for pushing the envelope for accuracy.

I could just hide this away along with some of the other cool stuff in my collection that I've never been able to share publicly but I know there are still a lot of people who think it's cool to see.

• Like 2

I stopped by to see you in Anaheim, Gino, but you were more popular than the hot chicks in armor... less stuck up too.

LOL!

It's great talking to people at shows.

I'll be at wondercon in LA next week. Shame you could not make it. :(

Hey guys I understand this thread has the potential to become a confrontational one.  I also understand some of the situations involving EFX and what has been done so far.  The only thing I can offer to this thread is to maybe try and take your concerns to PM or email instead of putting it all out there in the open forum.  Maybe even try and avoid this thread all together.  No sense in creating a toxic atmosphere for something that probably will not change the outcome in the future.

• Like 1