Gluing/Shimming

I've got an Anovos Kit and I'm getting ready to start gluing arms, and leg pieces together. I build other props but I've never done any armor building like this before I know what I have to do, but I keep having to double check everything because I'm nervous as hell that I'll mess something up. I'm hoping to be approved by June which is why I'm asking and taking my time before rushing into anything. I know I'm just overthinking everything but hopefully I can get some encouragement. Now once I start gluing I've been told to do shims on the back pieces and I did test fit the leg and arm pieces tonight. I noticed that the biceps we're a bit hard to slip on but I think once I have my undersuit in that'll fix the issue. The thigh pieces were also another problem I noticed. I was wearing shorts when I did the test fit for it and I could put it on fine but it seemed forceful putting it right up where it's supposed to go. I'm a bigger guy in the stomach but arms and legs are average. Still I'm thinking it might be because I don't have my undersuit to test fit it with. Which is probably what I need to do. I still haven't received a notification on when they'll arrive so I have no idea when they'll come in. Any tips on my upcoming steps would be appreciated. Thanks!

As for your thighs, you can always remove most of or all the return edge for some extra room. For you back piece you can give it a hot water bath and gently bend the piece to fit you better. I'm not an expert on shimming but as far as I've seen it just requires putting an extra piece on the torso and gluing it down as an extension. I've got an ANOVOS Kit too and everything seems to fit ok, good luck though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by dejango

While you can certainly remove most (or all) of the return edges on the tops of the thighs, Derek, I would leave it all on the bottom parts.  Since the under suit will fit pretty much skin-tight, you can actually do the fitting wearing just your underwear.   Have you had the chance to check out Tony's Anovos build thread yet?  It has become the "go-to" source for most of the questions about this kit, and can be found here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/.  

• 4 weeks later...