TKZombie

ANH E-11 Blaster modification of the Quest Design Canada Blaster

Here are the finished results on my modifications to the Quest Design Canada E-11 blaster the Brett makes and sells. I found Brett's blaster through Mark at AP; as he recommends them in-conjunction to his armour kits he sells. Brett is located in Canada so price wise compared to the US dollar. Buying in Canada was also much more appealing as well I didn't have customs border issues with the risk of confiscation with shipping a replica weapon across the border.

The basic blaster is cast resin with a PVC tube cast in the center of the barrel for some extra strength and the scope rail is aluminium. The entire blaster is finished in flat black paint.

I've seen others customized builds on here and followed those examples for modifying; the design for the inner bolt was my own creation as the samples I saw on here wouldn't work for my blaster.

So here are my modifications:

1. I began with a full weathering paint refinish, the t-tracks were repainted with a semi-gloss black for more rubber look. As well the handle was refinished in semi-gloss black. The remaining body was weathered with gunmetal paint and a few light touches of silver paint highlights. The inner bolt was painted with aluminium and flat steel paint with a light black acrylic wash. 

2. All screws on the body, handle, scope and blaster end were drilled out and replaced with real metal screws. 

3. The scope was removed and hollowed out fully all the way thru and lens were installed in either end. The scope was then painted metallic brass and finished with a semi-gloss black top coat, then distressed and weathered.

4. The Hengstler counter I replaced with a functioning replica Hengstler counter made by Blue Snaggletooth. I did black acrylic wash over the body of the counter as well. 

5. I added a recoil spring to the receiver end and made a inner bolt for the spring to fit over as well I extend the clearing strip across the inner bolt to look like a continuation of the inner bolt, unfortunately the diameter inside the receiver isn't the same as the inner bolt visible in the side ejection port. So I did the best with what I had available.

The blaster stand is also a product of Brett's. It has a red light that makes the blaster look great displayed on a shelf while not in use. 

The original blaster is a great basic build that certainly can be build up on if you choose to.

Enjoy!

Christina

Right side

E11_BLASTER_01_zpst3kxupur.jpg

Left Side

E11_BLASTER_02_zpsdnbneyne.jpg

Right 3/4

E11_BLASTER_03_zpslfzafc9r.jpg

Left 3/4

E11_BLASTER_04_zpsusifp66j.jpg

The detail of the recoil spring, inner bolt and modified scope. 

E11_BLASTER_06_zpspepqfkla.jpg

Another view of the spring and inner bolt

E11_BLASTER_08_zpsnqsm7oou.jpg

End cap details

E11_BLASTER_07_zps2slufeuv.jpg

The Hengstler Counter and Scope

E11_BLASTER_09_zps844vichv.jpg

Front left side

E11_BLASTER_10_zps7trohtnh.jpg

Front Right Side

E11_BLASTER_11_zpshabygvbs.jpg

Bottom View

E11_BLASTER_12_zpspdw3avo9.jpg

E11_BLASTER_05_zpst7uk9vfp.jpg

The base original blaster

QuestDesignCanada_E11Blaster_Right_Side_

QuestDesignCanada_E11Blaster_Left_Side_z

My Blaster and my AM ANH Stunt TK

TK02_zps2xqnws42.jpg

Edited by TKZombie
  • Like 5

Wow! I would never have thought they were the same blaster, incredible!  :icon_bow:

Thanks everyone. Creativity and imagination can take things pretty far.

Looks like you did your homework before upgrading this blaster!

Very well done! :duim:

Edited by T-Jay
  • Like 1

Yes I followed all the reference material I could find on the forum to get as close as I could with what the base blaster allowed.

Fantastic! As a fellow Canadian with the same problems with shipping replica weapons across the border, I am also looking for an option and this looks like a great blaster with opportunities for some tweaking if needed.

This is a fantastic conversion, awesome job! 

I've also got a blaster on the way from Brett, so I'll definitely be following in your footsteps to make it look a little more like the real thing. 

It's too bad we can't get an actual sterling up here to do a conversion with, but from your experience with this, do you think you could replace the scope with a real one without too much difficulty?

If you can get a real scope it would be quite easy to swap out there just so expensive.

You did a fantastic job on this! I have a blaster coming from Brett as well and will strive to make it look as good as yours!

Was hoping I could ask a couple questions:

1. What technique did you use to get the gunmetal finish on the body? Did you use a gunmetal wash over the black or dry brush technique (or both maybe)?

2. How did you hollow out the scope and where did you find the lenses?

Again, great work!

Also curious...do you actually troop with this, or is it primarily for display?

Thanks! <br><br><br>

1. What technique did you use to get the gunmetal finish on the body? Did you use a gunmetal wash over the black or dry brush technique (or both maybe)? I USED DRYBRUSHING OVER THE BLACK A FEW SPOTS I'D GO OVER THE GUNMETAL IT A FLAT BLACK DRYBRUSHING TO KNOCK IT BACK A LITTLE. OTHER SPOTS I ADD ALUMINUM OR SILVER DRYBRUSHING OVER TOP TO POP SOME AREAS MORE. WHERE EVER YOU HOLD THE BLASTER IS WHERE I ADD THE MOST WEAR. <br>

2. How did you hollow out the scope and where did you find the lenses? I USE DRILL BITS TO DRILL IT OUT. GO SLOW! I MESSED UP ONE AND HAD TO GET A SECOND FROM BRETT. THE LENSES ARE FROM A MONCULAR I BOUGHT OFF AMAZON IT HAS LENSES FOR EITHER END OF THE SCOPE. <br><br>

Lastly yes I troop with this. It sits on the stand on my mantle in between. Its mostly in my holster when I troop as I use my DLT19 as my primary weapon trooping.