Helmet Visor Installation

I removed the light green film that came with my AP helmet and added dark green lenses instead. Here is how I went about doing it...

I took 5 Chicago screws ( Four 1/4" for the outsides and one 3/8" for the middle) and then drilled a hole in a strip of abs to put the screw through it so that when e6000 glued down the screw is held in place by the base of the abs plate. I also heat bent the abs so the screw base sat flush with the helmet when glued so the screws base tops were flush with the edge of the eye hole. The screw backs were covered with a square of white duct tape so no metal to abs melting would occur especially concerned for that as the helmet is thin compared to the armor. 

Plates glues in place:

hk9ayyD.jpg

lahUJE4.jpg

Then I bought a dark green grinding shield off amazon and cut out a visor shape to fit over the eyes and drilled holes to line up with the Chicago screw bases. I did one hole at a time and screwed it in as the visor needs to be bent in and held for the tightest fit to position each screw. Once all 5 holes were done all 5 screws were inserted and here is the finished look. The grinding shield has enough extra for a spare replacement  lens visor and enough to make likely 4 individual lenses. 

The middle screw could be swapped out and 2 inner eye corner screws placed in and then you could do individual lens if you wanted. I prefer the single lens myself. 

The finished assembly:

qILxMgc.jpg

ha4PAUl.jpg

Christina

• Like 5

I got the idea from the puddy examples but to me that felt too messy and I heard the puddy came off on some people. I know the e6000 will hold.

• Like 1

I like this idea!  Chicago screws is a clever option, although I'll probably use the T-nuts just because I feel like they have more surface area for the adhesive to grab onto.  Your mounting plates are perfectly done, though.