ESB Holster

Guest DavetheDane

Guest TK-2416

Hi!

I am going the ESB way and therefore I am on the search of getting:

Snowtrooper Handplates (more or less in place - I hope)

E-11 (more or less in place)

New canvas belt (ordered a new one from Firebladejedi - I just love his belts!!!)

Helmet (still searching.. may go for an AP)

and new holster.. But the big question is: Is this just the normal ANH holster or is there a specific ESB holster - a "mirrored" ANH version?? Or do you simply just swap side from left to right and then thats it?

Please let me know... thanks for the help!

cheers

Dave

Guest TK-2416

thanks for the input!!.. but that will leave the e-11 to sit in the opposite direction compared to the ANH on the left - on the ANH left side the "handle end" of the E11 will face back and the ESB stile (right side) the "handle end" will face front - is this correct? And I guess this is also the only way possible due to the magazine placed on the left side of the E-11...

Was this Danish or did you understand it? ;)

cheers

Guest TK-2416

Thanks Supertrooper for helping me out... Great that you experts share your knowledge - the only way for us new guys to avoid costly mistakes!!

cheers

PS: glad you understand Danish ;)

• 8 months later...

It just hangs on the loops for esb the picture above shows the holster being pinched which alters that shape.

ESB holster same shape as ANH only on right hip instead of left and full loops over belt.

Mark is quite right :)

I thought best to link this other "ESB holster" thread? seeing as this thread here may contain miss information from someone :blush:

--------------

to achieve a look like the one in the pic I'd use something equivalent of 2mm very soft re-enactment leather but it is'nt cheap or easy to find.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

• 3 months later...
That's correct. If the blaster grip was to the rear on the right side the magazine would sit against your thigh.

Hello everyone, this is my first post at FISD - I am just taking my first steps toward getting my own TK armor. I live in Sioux Falls, SD and have been talking with some of the Central Garrison folks to help me make some decisions about what's best for me.

I have been leaning toward an ANH trooper with an FX kit (I'm aware of the limitations of the FX kit, particularly the "bobblehead" reputation of the helmet). I realize this is the ESB trooper forum, but I have a question about holsters after reading this thread. I know (or think I know) that the TK's in the movie were left-handed, so the ANH holster goes on the left. I'm right handed and wondered if an ESB trooper might be better for me, with the holster on the right. But if I read this thread correctly, it sounds like the setup is designed for southpaws in either case. If I understand correctly, the grip of the blaster faces back in the ANH holster, while the grip faces forward (designed to be grabbed with a left hand crossover :P ) in the ESB/ROTJ holsters.

Does anyone have any reference pics of correctly-holstered blasters, preferably for both left and right holsters? I guess there's no way to solve this problem, since the magazine sticks out the side of the E-11? To the veteran troopers - I suppose this isn't a big deal in actually practice, while you are trooping?

Just curious - thanks for your help, and nice to "meet" you!

Hello everyone, this is my first post at FISD - I am just taking my first steps toward getting my own TK armor. I live in Sioux Falls, SD and have been talking with some of the Central Garrison folks to help me make some decisions about what's best for me.

I have been leaning toward an ANH trooper with an FX kit (I'm aware of the limitations of the FX kit, particularly the "bobblehead" reputation of the helmet). I realize this is the ESB trooper forum, but I have a question about holsters after reading this thread. I know (or think I know) that the TK's in the movie were left-handed, so the ANH holster goes on the left. I'm right handed and wondered if an ESB trooper might be better for me, with the holster on the right. But if I read this thread correctly, it sounds like the setup is designed for southpaws in either case. If I understand correctly, the grip of the blaster faces back in the ANH holster, while the grip faces forward (designed to be grabbed with a left hand crossover :P ) in the ESB/ROTJ holsters.

Does anyone have any reference pics of correctly-holstered blasters, preferably for both left and right holsters? I guess there's no way to solve this problem, since the magazine sticks out the side of the E-11? To the veteran troopers - I suppose this isn't a big deal in actually practice, while you are trooping?

Just curious - thanks for your help, and nice to "meet" you!

The main problem is the direction the mag faces, as Supertrooper mentioned above. With the holster on the left, the mag faces away from your leg, if you mount the holster on the right and don't reverse the blaster (with the grip facing forward), the mag will sit into your leg. I am going for ANH with my TK and even though I am right handed, my weapon will be holstered into the left when I am not carrying it (since I am also going to carry the DLT-19). I don't see it being any sort of problem

Yup, the reality of the left handedness is entirely with the magazine. Right handed folks (which is most everyone) just learn to deal with it I'm afraid. Still, unless you had an DLT-19 in your hands, why would you holster the weapon anyway? ;-)