ABS paste "paint" over new cover strips?

having large legs, I'm having to discard the rear cover strips and fabricate thicker ones. found some no parking signs that are exactly the same thickness as the ANOVOS applied ones. obviously the coloring is off. would it work to paint over these with the ABS paste with a thin coat and sand smooth and polish it out?<br><br>

obviously the width will not be accurate, but I want the whites to be uniform. would keep from having to spray paint it with a slightly off color.

• 4 years later...
2 hours ago, Sn4k3 said:

The perfect solution to the colour issue, would be make the paste of the same material of the armor itself, use Scraps of the same armor

Unfortunately a lot of times even using the same color abs material can give a different color due to the addition of acetone and the drying process.

On 3/8/2016 at 12:43 AM, FirstCoastFett said:

having large legs, I'm having to discard the rear cover strips and fabricate thicker ones. found some no parking signs that are exactly the same thickness as the ANOVOS applied ones. obviously the coloring is off. would it work to paint over these with the ABS paste with a thin coat and sand smooth and polish it out?<br><br>

obviously the width will not be accurate, but I want the whites to be uniform. would keep from having to spray paint it with a slightly off color.

Many who add shims find that they have to color match with paint, using a air brush is the ideal way as it gives you the ability to mix paint and color to suit but some have had luck with off the shelf spray paint, I have seen this paint mentioned before: Rustoleum Painter's Touch semi gloss white BUT I've not used it myself, you may want to do a search through other Anovos TK threads.

With ABS paste you will find it is very difficult to get an exact flat surface so some sanding and polishing may be needed before paint, this guide may help