Here comes another, Kevin's E11pipe build

kevin926

Here is my meager attempt at a sterling muzzle sized to fit my PVC pipe which is just a tad over 40mm. 96b723d34459d731840e2ae4cbe79ae1.jpg30cfd31c848725dcbe329a0b448538a3.jpg

It's not perfect but it does have the great price of $free.99! I'm sure with your amazing skills you could make it work and clean it up to make it believe able.

Soon I will be cleaning up the master and making it a little more accurate then recasting it. I had to work with what I have as I blew most of my $ on the armor!

If you want me to send one your way shoot me a PM with your address.

Jim

wow, that is very generous offer and thank you. However this muzzle has already been attached and I drilled my barrel through it as well as dove tailed for the site so it this point I have gone too far to break this all apart. But, this muzzle you made is what I had in mind as far as fitting g a 40mm pipe build. The other muzzels just don't look right because they were designed to fit 38mm. From your photos, it looks like you nailed it. I also really like your grip. Maybe you can offer these in runs. Great job and I would have jumped on your offer if I had known just a few days sooner. Lol
  • Like 1

I have noticed a terrific common theme here and that is you guys a great! Unbelievable support and thank you. A few have even offered parts for free. Troopers helping Troopers. I'm not good at multi quotes so this goes out to everyone. Thank you guys. This really is a group effort. There is a local comic con in Tampa and I hope to meet some of you there in August

Edited by kevin926

wow, that is very generous offer and thank you. However this muzzle has already been attached and I drilled my barrel through it as well as dove tailed for the site so it this point I have gone too far to break this all apart. But, this muzzle you made is what I had in mind as far as fitting g a 40mm pipe build. The other muzzels just don't look right because they were designed to fit 38mm. From your photos, it looks like you nailed it. I also really like your grip. Maybe you can offer these in runs. Great job and I would have jumped on your offer if I had known just a few days sooner. Lol

There's always "the next time". ;) However those 3D printed parts from nmcguff look like the way to go! I just received an M38 from Bulldog44 and my handmade, recreated parts feel a little inadequate next to his amazing scope.

Ā 

Ā 

Jim M.

I started working with the doopy bolt but there wasnt much to work with. I had some 1 inch pvc that fit inside the receiver and used some jb weld to mount a metal strip on the bolt. The resin charging handle wouldnt last a day for my son, so I made one with a screw and green stuff. Im using Ddays bolt and handle on my aluminum build and that one will be much more detailed than this set up.

image_161.jpeg

image_163.jpeg

image_162.jpegimage_164.jpeg

image_165.jpegimage_166.jpeg

image_167.jpeg

image_168.jpeg

made a spring and used Aarons spring cup. Now I will need to order another one.

There's always "the next time". ;) However those 3D printed parts from nmcguff look like the way to go! I just received an M38 from Bulldog44 and my handmade, recreated parts feel a little inadequate next to his amazing scope.

Jim M.

oh yeah, I will be using his scope on my aluminum scratch build. They look fantastic
  • Like 1

I know this seems like a fast finish, however, if you have read my build from the begining, you will know that I have already made these parts. So once I had the bolt ready, these pieces were ready to go on. I wanted to play and do a test run or dry fit if you will to have a look.

image_170.jpeg

image_171.jpeg

image_172.jpeg

image_173.jpeg

image_174.jpeg

And the part that made it all worth while.

image_177.jpeg

Freeze!

image_175.jpeg

Yes, I know the scope rail should be 1/16 and not 1/8 but I can get past that. I had some 1/16 and it is too thin and bends too much. I will not be using 1/16 for my sons.

Ā 

Now its time to tear back down and seeing how this blaster will not be weathered, I really need to do a detailed clean up job and begin the final steps. I plan on using the wrinkle paint still and the other parts to be black. nothing different with the paint scheme. Just clean per order of my son.

Hi Kevin nice work with your blaster. One quick observation which you may not be concerned about is the position of the charging handle on the bolt. The handle should be positioned such that it is almost at the very front of the charging slot. As I say This may not be something that you are concerned about but thought that I'd mention it just in case.

• Like 1

Hi Kevin nice work with your blaster. One quick observation which you may not be concerned about is the position of the charging handle on the bolt. The handle should be positioned such that it is almost at the very front of the charging slot. As I say This may not be something that you are concerned about but thought that I'd mention it just in case.

thank you. Yeah I missed that. I didn't really have anything to base it off of so I was looking at some measurements as to where the handle went. It may be in the same spot from the end, however the front of the bolt look off. I just received my bolt from Dday and compared them side by side and my bolt is definitely off in the front.. glad you pointed it out before I painted the bolt otherwise I would have to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finished my sons blaster. Not really my cup of tea seeing how its new looking. It broke my heart having to repaint my weathered scope. However, well worth it because my son loves it. He wants to take it to Tampa comic con in August. Its too clean and shinny. I had to buy gloss clear coat, but I used satin instead. Still way to slick, I am a flat finish brat.

Ā 

Anyway, This is the finished kit.

Doopy'sĀ  pipe detail kit, 1 1/4 pvc, the scope and counter are also doopy's but didn't come with the set. Themainthesuitcases power cylinders and a scratch built bolt and handle. I couldn't do much of anything with the doopy bolt and I made a metal handle because my son will surely break it. Most mods were used with the exception of the removable magazine and I didn't use any magazine holder mods.I felt that would be too many moving parts andĀ my son will looseĀ the magazineĀ like most kids would. I also didn't modify the cylinders or add wire from the counters for the same reason.

image_178.jpeg

image_179.jpeg

image_180.jpeg

image_181.jpeg

image_183.jpeg

image_184.jpegimage_185.jpeg

image_186.jpeg

This is the end of the pvc/resin build. Thanks for the feedback and encouragement.

Back to the aluminum build. My son made me finish his first.

I ordered Ddays resin bolt with charging handle and it had to sit while I finished the boys. I didnt modify it at all, but I did detail the features. Mainly just clean outs and resin over pour.

Because I didnt do anything different, I also didnt log it. Anyway, here is Ddays bolt installed and weathered. Also used the last part from Aaron. The spring cup. I made my spring but haven't weathered it yet.

image_13.jpg

image_190.jpeg

image_189.jpeg

image_188.jpeg

maybe a little spring tweaking still.Ā  Now I am working onĀ  my trigger assembly and once that's finished and installed, that will complete the base sterling build.

I do have a question regarding the charging handle. If I glue this to the bolt, I'm done. Meaning I would not be able to remove the bolt EVER. Correct? So I'm guessing permanently attaching the handle is a no no, right?

I do have a question regarding the charging handle. If I glue this to the bolt, I'm done. Meaning I would not be able to remove the bolt EVER. Correct? So I'm guessing permanently attaching the handle is a no no, right?

Ā 

Yes, leave the charging handle unglued if you want to be able to remove the bolt. Didn't glue mine for the same reason and it slides fine through that slot.

• 1 month later...

Looks very interesting. Are those lenses flat or domed on one side?

supposidly it's an exact cast from the original. He had the original and replica side by side in reference photos, and they looked identical. This photo was a stock photo taken off his ebay listing. Mine hasn't arrived yet but should be here Monday or Tuesday. I will post a detailed report once it arrives. I was really interested in bulldogs however my heart was set on a metal copy seeing how my scratch build is mostly metal. Once I found this one, I decided to give it a try.

• 2 months later...

Hello gang, its been awhile. Wish I could say I have been too busy with work or just slammed and no time to work on my blaster however I would me telling a fib. I got hooked on some props from sellers on The rpf site. thats not a good site for people like me. LOL

Ā 

Any way, I finally finished my sterling scratch build and added the T track from Marv. Just needs a little weathering. I plan on working on my scope rail soon, hopefully tomorrow.

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2659.jpg

IMG_2658.jpg

Ā 

Now, here are my finish parts.

The scope is from fieldmarshal, the cylinders are from themainthesuitcase and heres an interesting counter I bought off ebay from a seller called swpropman. I will share more with you asĀ I begin to assemble it.

Ā 

IMG_2660.jpg

Ā 

It feels good to be back and almost finished.

• Like 1

Here are some better shots of the counter I bought off ebay from a seller called swpropman.

Ā 

its really a nice piece seeing how all the detail is already there and there really isn't much work needed to finish the project. As you can see, it comes apart. Has 2 plastic screws that I can change to metal. Also the front clips to attach the cylinders are plastic and I have already made metal ones that I didn't install on my sons, so I will use these here. I comes with a sticker for the numbers however I plan on using the rolling numbers from another counter.

The scope looks great,,,, love seeing it a real builds

Hello gang, its been awhile. Wish I could say I have been too busy with work or just slammed and no time to work on my blaster however I would me telling a fib. I got hooked on some props from sellers on The rpf site. thats not a good site for people like me. LOL

Ā 

Any way, I finally finished my sterling scratch build and added the T track from Marv. Just needs a little weathering. I plan on working on my scope rail soon, hopefully tomorrow.

IMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2659.jpg

IMG_2658.jpg

Ā 

Now, here are my finish parts.

The scope is from fieldmarshal, the cylinders are from themainthesuitcase and heres an interesting counter I bought off ebay from a seller called swpropman. I will share more with you asĀ I begin to assemble it.

Ā 

IMG_2660.jpg

Ā 

It feels good to be back and almost finished.

From your pictures you have painted and weathered it very nice.... If you ever need any help with my kits let me know.

Ā 

Ā 

I have been a very busy boy. haven't had much time to play. A member on therpfĀ  posted a picture of a M38 scope kit made of aluminum. Its on ebay so I caved and bought one.

s-l1600_1.jpg

What do you guys think?

Ā 

Ā 

http://www.warmachinepaintball.com/

Edited by fieldmarshall

I was trying to update last week, however for some reason i did see my tool bar to upload photos. So this is what i can share now. I have finished and very happy with the turn out.

As I was trying to share the counter with you, here it is.

IMG_2664.jpgIMG_2663.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

Here is my completed project.

IMG_2657.jpg

now with extras

20161019_185746.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

20161019_203807.jpg

Ā 

20161019_204014.jpg

20161019_203956.jpg

Ā 

20161019_204044.jpg

• Like 1

I would like to give thanks to everyone here for the encouragement and support along the way. Also a very special thank you to Aaron, themainthesuitcase, Dday, fieldmarshall and gaz for supplying me with your awsome parts! A sincere thank you, you guys are really terrific for a bunch of supposed to be yucky stormtroopers lol.now I'm onto my bucket build.

• Like 2