Here comes another, Kevin's E11pipe build

kevin926

I have been waiting for my doopy's kit to arrive,(still waiting) but I did get the scope and counter in, so I began there. I began with the counter cleaning all the excess resin out. I wasn't happy with the back box so I filed in down and scratch built another one. I used nails with speaker spade ends and used JB weld for the pins on the counter. They are just sitting in place until I put the wires on. Also worked on my scope. I hollowed out the insides and added the lenses for the back and front

3bcb7557-0617-4b81-9ac4-db55f6c7ff3a.jpg

0fca7b51-d3b9-45c6-8619-dbafaf9c6399.jpg

67074346-3f90-4bce-93ca-dc5c35f5717a.jpg

32f7012d-e802-4fe0-bfd8-b13b09aa472f.jpg

30189953-fe7a-4330-87a8-a38a5ac43f62.jpg

a31ea201-ee43-4bc6-a68d-d0b9a7395540.jpg

f922cf60-75fc-41b6-ac37-bf24e6d15e30.jpg

53cb889a-6e13-4030-81de-19f02d0acf47.jpg

e625dd44-f155-481e-8851-828b77e91279.jpg

fc6288cf-d657-4dfd-b682-919d67f66f46.jpg

82d7a98b-2f1b-4915-beeb-9d7d5e04261f.jpg

b11c17dc-b490-4bfb-92d6-1d5a4399dcee.jpg

e04a1ffa-0dc1-4f4c-ac0c-93043e177ee3.jpg

e00f9ff9-a67f-454f-a428-3584fac6deae.jpg

I also cut out my pvc but that's all I can do until my other parts arrive. I am building 2 of these. One for my son and one for me. His is the practice build to help familiarize myself and will most likely be more of the ESB version. Mine will be aluminum pipe and I would like the stock, handle and magazine holder to be aluminum as well, but we will see. I also scratch made some T-track that I posted in another thread.

c274fe67-b07d-470b-8dcf-f406215f9263.jpg

7fde3bdc-2aec-4b4d-a216-1a7caa2dfcc9.jpg
Well, that's all I can do for now. I will most likely start drilling out my 38mm aluminum pipe this week. I'm using Aarons awesome muzzle kit and building my blaster around it. Feedback is always welcome so please feel free. thanks for looking
Kevin

Edited by kevin926
  • Like 2

during my rush to repair my missing photos,I forgot a couple. I also forget to take a picture of my scope sprayed in brass but I do have a before weathering photo. sorry its a little blurry.

3ad5b723-234d-4929-ae83-0accd6fb1185.jpg

a39c9e9a-9096-41d1-b791-2c9a7d54f382.jpg

The crayon worked out nice.

I am not the best at documenting my progress in full detail.Ā I just get caught up in the building and try to remember to take photos.

Ā 

Anyway, like mentioned I am building a 38mm aluminum pipe build as well as the pvc one for my son. I also mentioned I would like to use as much aluminum parts as well. I started by making the smaller pieces as we all know, smaller parts are harder to make because there is not much to work with.

Ā here are the flash guards and the sight protector.

IMG_1845.jpgIMG_1841.jpg

IMG_1842.jpgIMG_1851.jpg

here are some WIP pipe photos. I like to leave the templates glued in place to keep reference points, so please excuse the ugly paper shreds

IMG_1830.jpgIMG_1829.jpg

IMG_1832.jpgIMG_1831.jpg

here is a shot with Aarons muzzle kit installed.

IMG_1833.jpg

Its been well over a month since ordering my doopy kit, and they finally agreed mine is lost and they are sending a new one, so I guess it will take another month till I see it.

Till then, I plan to keep going on making my aluminum parts and see where I end up

Ā 

What do you think?

• Like 1

My doppy kit finally arrived. I started digging out the excess resin on the folding stock. I was toying with the idea of just cleaning out the details without completly hollowing out the stock. This is going to be my 10 year old sons so Im trying to keep it strong. But the more I play around with it, I believe it could be even stronger with the tube inside so thats most likley what I will do. Also waiting on my aluminum to arrive for my E11.

IMG_1866.jpg

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

Well now I did it! I went ahead and ordered the grip for my soon to be scratch built trigger handle assmebly. I did it now because I figure I can make sure everything lines up and fits the grip. Nothing worse than making a part and finding a purchased piece won't fit the part I just made. I also went ahead and bought the matching screws and muzzle bolts. I'm kinda cheap and didn't want to pay more for shipping than the item I'm buying. The screws from Apex cost 2 dollars each but shipping was around 7. So I figured just buy everything all at once. So now I will have authentic sterling parts, even if it's only the grip. I hear apex ships really fast.

Looks great, kevin! Impressive that you are building your own parts out of aluminum. I also ordered some stuff from apex and numrich recently, but i was lazier than you and ordered the original front and rear sights and a folding stock.

Ā 

Are you planning to make a functional stock out of aluminum? Or just use the fixed DD resin piece? I was initially thinking it would be cool to make a functional stock out of aluminum, or convert the DD resin stock into a functional piece somehow, but after watching some videos detailing all of the parts involved in the stock I kind of cowered away in fear.Ā 

• Like 1

Thank you. I am currently working on my aluminum folding stock. The main deterrent at first was the fact that I dont own a lathe or folding table to make precise bends needed for the main part of the stock. However, during my search for the aluminum sheets,Ā I did find aluminum square stock that luckily is the correct size. I am cutting one side off and using my bench grinder and files to get the rounded edges. I also found a hollow aluminum tube that is the correct dimmension as well. So because I did find these parts, I am going forward on building my own folding stock. At this point, Im unsure if it will be static or functional, but atleast it will be detailed and look cool. I will post progress pictures soon.

Ā 

here is a picture of the square stock I bought from home depot.

d8e1f57b-53ac-4405-bc95-657eebbacbc0.jpg

Also remember, I am making two of these. The kit will be used for with the pvcĀ  pipe and so far, besides Aarons resin muzzle kit, the all aluminum build. Ambitious I know, but ones is my sons and the other is for me. Otherwise I would have to share lol.

Plan on trooping with these? Because I did, but now that mine is complete, the safer alternative is hyperfirm. Looks great. Very safe for kids to handle. The aluminum and resin are harder for kids to hold and a lot easier to break. I plan on making a case for mine and display it. Maybe pass it on :) But now I am just rambling. Either way, this is shaping up to be a nice build.

Edited by Prescott

Plan on trooping with these? Because I did, but now that mine is complete, the safer alternative is hyperfirm. Looks great. Very safe for kids to handle. The aluminum and resin are harder for kids to hold and a lot easier to break. I plan on making a case for mine and display it. Maybe pass it on :) But now I am just rambling. Either way, this is shaping up to be a nice build.

I'm more of a collector than anything. I think I'm too tall to be a stormtrooper seeing how these armor builds are averaging less than 6 feet. I'm 6'3" and on the bigger side. Lol. Maybe vader if I ever did go out. I am building a full size r2 that I plan on taking to kids hospitals but not at shows. I guess you can grade me more as an avid fan that likes detailed replicas and I'm also a hobbyist so that's kind of a bad combination and bad for the wallet. So basically, I'm a sucker for detail and I love building.

My apex package arrived today. The kid in me had to open it and play. The first thing I did was match it up to the doopy handle and then sit it on my template to see how they would line up. Looks like it will work. I did notice the real sterling grip is longer than the doopy but I wasn't surprised. I also had to install my real barrel screws.

IMG_1912.jpg

IMG_1915.jpg

Now I just need to clean up the glue from the masking tape apex had on the grip. Must have been on a long time.

I started working on my handle. the aluminum sheet Im using is a sign template painted white so its nice to work with. I can see the lines much better.

please forgive the blurry template photo

IMG_1922.jpg

I placed my sterling grip over the handle to see how it lines up. The screw hole wasn't quite there however the top flaps look like they line up great. I still need to fold the flaps over.

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1928.jpg

IMG_1925.jpg

I will need to put a piece on the bottom to hold the bolt in. Also I think I'm going to use styrene for the build ups inside. it will be much easier to work with and allow me to get the proper thickness needed without fighting metal.

any thoughts or ideas?

Also to settle myself down and not build so scatter brained, I'm going to focus on one part at a time from here on out. Of course I'm making 2 of these so I will work on the same part both in resin and aluminum. I also believe this will help familiarize myself better with each part. Don't be affraid to step in with some guidance. It's always appreciated

• 3 weeks later...

I have been working on my handle. Here are some pics of my progress.

image_1.jpeg

IMG_1954.jpg

I can only use what I have for metal.

I only have a vise, file, and hammer. I'm using a cordless jig saw and then using a file to finish up the cuts. I broke apart the outer sides because its is easier to work with. The plan is to use screws for spacers but we will see how that works.

The screw idea worked well to give the proper spacing. I also used nuts inside to keep it snug. I bought a sheriff woody gun at the dollar store and used the inside trigger assembly for my trigger. So far I like it.

image_3.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

Ā 

image_5.jpeg

Ā 

image_6.jpeg

I tapped out for 6-32 screws and ran them through both sides and once I was satisfied, I cut off the excess and filed them down flush.

Now I will need to build up the edges both top front and the bottom where the bolt runs through the grip. I still need to JB weld the trigger guard and I also will use some thinner aluminum to close up the bottom. Now I will need to figure out a way to strengthen the top of the handle assembly that will attach to the pipe. I'm trying not to have to get it welded but if I have to than I have to. I am going to try and run some screws through the flanges of the assembly and see how strong that would be.

I worked on my resin trigger today.I didnt go all out with it but I did add the real screws, movable trigger and I decided to use a rca jack for the position switch. The resin/pvc e11 isfor my son. He is only 10 and is also on the spectrum for autism so I need to be careful with all the bells and whistles as well as parts that he will most likely break. I figure the trigger should be fine as well as the position switch just being movable. Any kid would want to pull the trigger and turn switches so these were a must.

image_10.jpeg

image_8.jpeg

image_9.jpeg

Ā 

thoughts

• Like 1