TFA First Order Trooper (research and build)

MaxSW

Dear Members of the FISD and the 501st Legion,

My name is Max Klöcker from Germany and I am 19 years old. My current project is to build an accurate First Order Trooper for myself and beside that for an membership at the 501st German Garrison. I know it´s an complicated build but I have some experiences in building and crafting those kind of things, but I need your help. I wrote to a few members at the forum here and over facebook and all I can say for now is that the community here is amazing and I have never seen such passionate and friendly persons who are willing to help with any problem I had so far.

post-26766-0-15899800-1457289410_thumb.jpg

Those are the things I have so far :

Helmet: Anovos Standard Line (Will be here in Germany around late March) I also want to buy the Premier Line one but I will wait till some reviews are out

Boots: ImperialBoots and  Premium First Order Kit Anovos

Gloves: Imperialboots and Premium First Order Kit Anovos

Undersuit/Neckseal: Stormtrooperundersuits and Premium First Order Kit Anovos

Metal Holster: R2Dan

Mesh material: Ukswrath

Amplifier: Hytechtoyz (added the 10W Aker Amplifier)

Pouches: TK-4510 and Premium First Order Kit Anovos

Blaster (F11-D) Heavy Gunner Version and Blaster Pistol (SE-44C): JJ Griffin and Henriks Hub (3D Print)

GasketsPremium First Order Kit Anovos (Ordered)

Anovos Kit: Premium First Order Kit Anovos (Ordered)

I am completely new here so maybe you could help me a bit with my build. Maybe I have forgot something I need or some tipps or something else. My main problem is the Anovos Kit. I have searched everywhere if there is one kit left over from the Alpha or Bravo Kits delivered by Anovos but I had no luck. Maybe someone here could help me :)

Edited by MaxSW
  • Like 1

Dear Members of the FISD and the 501st Legion,

My name is Max Klöcker from Germany and I am 19 years old. My current project is to build an accurate First Order Trooper for myself and beside that for an membership at the 501st German Garrison. I know it´s an complicated build but I have some experiences in building and crafting those kind of things, but I need your help. I wrote to a few members at the forum here and over facebook and all I can say for now is that the community here is amazing and I have never seen such passionate and friendly persons who are willing to help with any problem I had so far.

attachicon.gifIMG_2938.JPG

Those are the things I have so far :

Helmet: Anovos Standard Line (Will be here in Germany around late March) I also want to buy the Premier Line one but I will wait till some reviews are out

Boots: ImperialBoots

Gloves: Imperialboots

Undersuit/Neckseal: Stormtrooperundersuits

Metal Holster: R2Dan

Mesh material: Ukswrath

Amplifier: Hytechtoyz (added the 10W Aker Amplifier)

Pouches: TK-4510 

Blaster (F11-D9) and Blaster Pistol (SE-44C): JJ Griffin ( Will be here in about 60 days when molding and casting of the pistol is finished )

Gaskets: Imperial Gaskets (Still have to order them)

Anovos Kit: ???????? (Searching for someone who has one left over maybe ;) )

I am completely new here so maybe you could help me a bit with my build. Maybe I have forgot something I need or some tipps or something else. My main problem is the Anovos Kit. I have searched everywhere if there is one kit left over from the Alpha or Bravo Kits delivered by Anovos but I had no luck. Maybe someone here could help me :)

Good start so far... 

There's a guy on here named Jimmiroquai who makes the First Order kit out of flexible fiberglass so you could give him a PM if you want. I just hopped on the wait list and it looks like I will be on the July run. 

I am basically in the same boat as you though. I currently have the helmet, boots, gloves, balaclava, neck seal, blaster, undersuit and icomm/ Aker setup. I am now just waiting on the armour and the pouches... 

Yeah I know that he is building these Kits but I will definitely wait till Anovos released the Kit or a member here has one Kit left :) But thank you very much for the information and thank you very much for the quick feedback :)

You realize Anovos kit will likely be twice as much as Jim's? I'm guessing almost 2k. 

For the record Jim's kit is really great work. There are a few build threads on here that you could check out to see if you like what it looks like. He's based in the Philippines but don't let that stop you as he'll ship just about anywhere with no problem. Not to mention he's an awesome guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you are wanting gaskets from Imperial Gaskets, I would suggest getting in touch with them and getting on the list.  They are very good, and very popular, I think I was on the list about 4 months before I got to the top.  You will be asked for payment only when your order is ready for posting.

For the record Jim's kit is really great work. There are a few build threads on here that you could check out to see if you like what it looks like. He's based in the Philippines but don't let that stop you as he'll ship just about anywhere with no problem. Not to mention he's an awesome guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know his work and it´s amazing but I really want to wait till the Anovos Kit is released :D You dont have to understand me haha. I like the suit made by Jim really much but some shapes for example of the thighs I dont like, so I will wait :) But nevertheless it´s an amazing job !

If you are wanting gaskets from Imperial Gaskets, I would suggest getting in touch with them and getting on the list.  They are very good, and very popular, I think I was on the list about 4 months before I got to the top.  You will be asked for payment only when your order is ready for posting.

Thank you very much ! :) I will do that immediately !

I know his work and it´s amazing but I really want to wait till the Anovos Kit is released :D You dont have to understand me haha. I like the suit made by Jim really much but some shapes for example of the thighs I dont like, so I will wait :) But nevertheless it´s an amazing job !

You're right. So far I think the ANOVOS kit is the best out there. Especially if you compare it to Jim's armor.

You're right. So far I think the ANOVOS kit is the best out there. Especially if you compare it to Jim's armor.

I really wouldn't go that far. Especially if you consider cost, availability, and importantly ease of build. Jim kit if trimmed correctly will look very close to screen armor.

Thats what I think too :) Its an amazing kit but there are some parts and spots I dont like but that varies from person to person.

I really wouldn't go that far. Especially if you consider cost, availability, and importantly ease of build. Jim kit if trimmed correctly will look very close to screen armor.

Yeah the Anovos Kit will be more expensive and more difficult to finish. About the price I think there are a few guestimations for example in one video the two guys from Anovos said the Kit will be around 1000-1200 Dollar without helmet :)

This sounds like you really don't like Jim's armor. Could you elaborate on that a bit?

This sounds like you really don't like Jim's armor. Could you elaborate on that a bit?

In my opinion, Jim's kit has too much shape and dimension issues to my liking. The foreams, backplate, thighs, chest plate... Worst of all being the helmet. Overall it looks like a FOTK of course, and it's enough for many, but I personally don't like this kind of issue.

You may want to contact JJ Griffin.  He posted his Anovos armor for possible sale over at the Phasma builders FB page.

I already talked to him :) But the suit is already finished and above my price guestimation. And just to make it clear: Your Kits and Suits are amazing they have an amazing quality and they look stunning but you know I am someone who looks for almost 100 % Screen accuracy and I had to adjust to much :) Nevertheless these Kits are awesome and you and your team did an amazing job. I hope you did not missunderstand me :) Hopefully you understand my bad english :D haha

In my opinion, Jim's kit has too much shape and dimension issues to my liking. The foreams, backplate, thighs, chest plate... Worst of all being the helmet. Overall it looks like a FOTK of course, and it's enough for many, but I personally don't like this kind of issue.

It´s an amazing Kit but Anovos had (or has) more recources and they had access to the originals so they could do it way more accurate :) But The5thHorseman I completely understand you I am a perfectionist too and I will wait till the Anovos Kit is released ( Or maybe someone has a kit left over) 

Anovos kit has issues in those places as well. The forearms on Jims kit are definitely proportionate to screen armor. I'd go as far to say Jims kits back plate has a more accurate sizing and shape. Jims thighs can be shaped properly aswell with trimming.

Sure it looks off compared to Anovos armor. But compare it to screen armor and you'll find its not so bad, and the few areas that are can be trimmed to shape. Compare anovos to screen armor and you'll also find things mishapen. Especially the helmet.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

It´s an amazing Kit but Anovos had (or has) more recources and they had access to the originals so they could do it way more accurate :) But The5thHorseman I completely understand you I am a perfectionist too and I will wait till the Anovos Kit is released ( Or maybe someone has a kit left over)

I would take that information with a grain of salt. The company has claimed and continues to claim many false statements. The don't like being called out either. And they don't respond with anything other than trust me. They have reworded multiple times how screen derived the armor is, each time getting more vague. But that is a discussion for another thread really.

I would take that information with a grain of salt. The company has claimed and continues to claim many false statements. The don't like being called out either. And they don't respond with anything other than trust me. They have reworded multiple times how screen derived the armor is, each time getting more vague. But that is a discussion for another thread really.

So you're calling anovos liars? Got any proof that's not fifth hand hearsay with regards to the tfa suits that they lied? If you do the class action lawsuit for damages from every owner will be awesome.

So you're calling anovos liars? Got any proof that's not fifth hand hearsay with regards to the tfa suits that they lied? If you do the class action lawsuit for damages from every owner will be awesome.

It's not the place for this as I said, and it has been discussed upon before. Not only for TFA trooper, but pretty much anything they put out people find the gaps.