W.T.F. ANH Stunt build WIP

MoSc0ut

Cool idea. I like using a hard hat liner instead of just padding, but I'm currently using velcro to hold mine in place so it's a bit wobbly. Did you use E6000 to glue the connection points in?

CA glue. I couldn't find my glue sticks or I would have done a test run using hot glue to make sure it was in the right place. I just totally eyeballed it and got lucky!

Jim

Today is some final detail work.

Glued on ab buttons

1c8ac40e57e128a2ed76f70e7a6784ce.jpg

Painted screws

eb74fbd7999b2d2a5566f272ce9e817f.jpg

I also did another hot water bath on a few pieces after a final fitting revealed a few needed to be shaped not to my anatomy. Mainly the posterior and left & right calves as well as the whole right arm. The arm was a little too oval and needed to be more round. The right calf needed to be MORE oval and LESS round. The left calf just needed to be closed up more after my repair mentioned earlier.

I ran around for several hours with the legs on as I was doing other bits just to get an idea of what a troop would feel like.

I almost forgot to mention that I took some 1" and 1/2" foam and padded up some key places. Mainly the legs and arms.

a8e9c4f4b49a576008f1a2a393d47bfa.jpg

c06f40fb4f6b52fa2e3e0bcb3062390f.jpg

36e3feda15144239bc829104af03dc46.jpg

Other than adding the stirrups in the calves and making my "trooping gloves" I think I am done and ready for basic approval. Wow. Feels weird to say that.

Jim

• Like 1

Here's the photos I sent in to my local Garrison for basic approval.

8658b0efdd0445e0587cce48ed8321e2.jpg

0a3586b3addf1e7c61fa77a5a5e38e02.jpg

e348220d31e983538c982a8d7bb6938c.jpg

37bf1e2d650e4db2a4323805761e0b6e.jpg

f6b5faa6510d35f2b8f4edb0681c1b79.jpg

035947a46766be9c50f5b40f80009b56.jpg

Ready for deployment!

*yes, I am working on fixing that sniper plate issue and may already have it sorted but I've got to clean up before the wife gets home!

Jim

Edited by MoSc0ut
  • Like 2

That last pic says a lot. You look very happy. That was a lot of work that resulted in a great resource for future builders. Good job Jim. You'll do well.

Thanks PewPewPew! It's bittersweet, I have really enjoyed working on this. I'm sure there will be more projects in the future. Like my upcoming E-11 build. Thanks for following me through this project. I still have my EIB and Centurion submissions to go. Stay tuned. :)

Jim M.

• Like 1

I added some stirrups to my calves to keep them down while trooping.

3f6234cb0c55eec53cd1d3a8fc9466b7.jpg

a1a79f7a68ef81435bd72eb0e4197702.jpg

111f30edc9d64f77d7569d6eec18d290.jpg

I also had to shorten my shoulder elastic a bit as it was bunching up a bit now that I have all the strapping in. My body provides some of the support so the armor doesn't actually hang on my shoulders.

I also made use of my included plastic hand guards and made "trooping hand guards". I'll use these with some more comfortable gloves when trooping. They slide off and on super easy, a great idea I got from a fellow trooper.

b3c9e5abe3997a5d6e8f74014666a1db.jpg

Jim M.

Looking good Jim! I'm betting we'll be seeing you all suited up Saturday! Great documentation of your build, looking forward to seeing you push forward for EIB and Centurion!

:dancing-trooper:  :dancing-trooper:

• Like 1

YES!! You did it! Congratulations; it looks great!! Very nice job!

Thanks for reminding me about the stirrups too! ;)

Oh! And I love the way you handled the hard hat liner!

Thanks! You are super close too.

The stirrups are a bit of a pain to get on but look much better when trooping. Don't forget to add the fuzzy sided Velcro to the inside bottom, front and back of the shins so you don't scuff up your nice new boots as fast!

The hard hat idea was basically me thinking, "what the heck am I going to do with a hard hat with no liner?" As I was holding it in my hands I saw the connection points and !! Put those in the helmet! Now it's a very solid connection point and I can pop it out easily if I need to wash that sweat band.

Jim

• Like 2

Also a good call that slipped my mind! I need to write these things down ASAP. Lol <br><br>

That's a great idea with the liner! I'm pretty sure I'll end up doing myself. <br><br>

Congrats again! Can't wait to see your EIB and Centurion threads!

• Like 1

First troop! It was 98 degrees and a 2 1/2 mile walk slightly uphill most of the way. Heck of a way to start off.

28ec3a6a0ec1489e67b4275bb86e6527.jpg

**No malfunctions and it was pretty comfortable as far as TK armor goes. I will be doing some trimming in the general groin area.**

(I'm the second one from the left in the front row.)

Jim

Edited by MoSc0ut
  • Like 5

It's lights for the Starlight Parade in Portland, OR. It's a parade that kicks off in the evening and we are all having some fun with it!!

Jim

• Like 1

Added these to keep the shoulder bells and biceps aligned.

6859e89a1a482dd2698019b923dc5162.jpg

4bac3244a39a451e89cbb371bb64cc2c.jpg

411764a5f877d42ad051645bd60e8524.jpg

4a175e282eaebe49d0a00ffd26ea531d.jpg

49d0c87efc8bab06ce149a419032e823.jpg

d5bb599641e6961dff012fdccb3729c4.jpg

I somehow missed this on all the threads I read through. On my first troop I kept readjusting my biceps and they'd slide out of the elastic. Then I was asked where are the straps/elastic keeping them together? I was like, "Duh!"

Jim - TK50899

Walt's Trooper Factory armor looks really great! I've seen other W.T.F. Builds on here before but I'd never heard of it before that. Is Walt's Trooper Factory in the vetted vendors list?

Edited by SlyFox740

Walt's Trooper Factory armor looks really great! I've seen other W.T.F. Builds on here before but I'd never heard of it before that. Is Walt's Trooper Factory in the vetted vendors list?

Not as of yet and if you go to the types of armor and where to find them section the last few posts explain it....kind of. Bottom line is that Walt does his best to put out a great product and he is very responsive and the customer service he and his team provides is fantastic. I feel that it will stand the test of time and I am happy with the price and quality. As long as it approvable to me it doesn't matter wether it's on the "vetted" list or not. That's just my two cents though.

Jim - TK50899

Not as of yet and if you go to the types of armor and where to find them section the last few posts explain it....kind of. Bottom line is that Walt does his best to put out a great product and he is very responsive and the customer service he and his team provides is fantastic. I feel that it will stand the test of time and I am happy with the price and quality. As long as it approvable to me it doesn't matter wether it's on the "vetted" list or not. That's just my two cents though.

Jim - TK50899

Interesting, I think "Yet" may be the key word there. Once some more builds like this one get approved W.T.F. will eventually become a vetted vendor by definition, whether he will actually be listed remains to be seen I guess. It definitely looks to be good quality armor! And his customers seem to be very happy with the service he provides. I assume getting on that list is something that takes time and requires a history of quality product and service, any additions are probably taken very seriously. WTF is not the only one, there's a few other good quality vendors that haven't been listed yet either such as MTK or NE. Anyways I wouldn't put too much thought into it, the CRL is pretty generic about the actual armor requirements. No specific brands are required to meet approval, there are only specific brands that are Non-approved such as Rubies or FX. Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 1