Do you guys custom mark your weapons?

Just a question new to trooping. Got a DLT-19 and a couple E-11's. Just wondering for trooping in general. I'm sure most of us are trustworthy and all most of my equipment will fit in my box of course but things like the DLT-19, you pretty much have to carry everywhere. Do you guys put a mark or initials or anything on it, so they don't get picked up or taken or mixed with others?

Just trying to figure out the best way to keep from losing my precious.. :) 

Can't speak on the DLT from any experience, but most every Resin or Pipe build E-11 has a customized number in the Hengstler Counter, and all of those are pretty identifiable among the local TKs.  I can guarantee that if my E-11 were separated from me somehow at an event, all of the other TKs would know it was mine as soon as they picked it up, if not sooner.

• Like 1

My blaster has seen so many troops now that it's beaten in a very unique way. Can't confound it anymore. But... you have to troop for that to happen, so if your blaster gets stolen at your first troop, it's doesn't really work :P.

Tagging your TK-ID somewhere on it seems like the best way to avoid that. In preference hidden somewhere hard to see so the guy who takes it doesn't realize it's tagged. 

• Like 1

I have custom numbers in the hengstler but even if I didn't we all have different amounts of weathering so I can pretty much tell the difference if they are all on a table. There is also the electronics, a lot of us are slightly different to the other.

Some great replies and sage advice there, Jeremy, but I don't think you have anything to worry about, though... I have trooped with my E-11,  DLT-19, and T-21, and never had a problem misplacing or being worried about losing them.  We are a pretty tight knit community, and unless you leave it lying around where the public can have access to it, you can guarantee it it won't disappear.  (I have only had to lock my bin once, because it was in an "unsecured area").  I trust my brothers-(and sisters)-in-arms... It's how we roll.

• Like 4

Actually, the counter thing doesn't always work. I shared my build thread on my garrison forum and so far, I've come across three blasters using my TK-ID as counter numbers.

Needless to say I immediately claimed they were all mine :D.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I painted my TK number in a discreet place on my hyperfirm in flat black paint. So it's flat black on flack black. Not noticeable unless you know where to look.

Excellent idea. Lots of Hyperfirms out there, not always easy to tell them apart! (you could argue "why would it matter, then?" but I'd still want MINE back)
  • Like 1

There always seems to be tiny differences that make everyone's blaster slightly unique in some way. I'm more worried about a non-member trying to steal it on purpose at hectic troops. lol.  

There always seems to be tiny differences that make everyone's blaster slightly unique in some way. I'm more worried about a non-member trying to steal it on purpose at hectic troops. lol.

. If nobody sees that happen it, in that case it might be gone. A mix up among troopers could be easy though if no mods are made on the blaster.

Excellent idea. Lots of Hyperfirms out there, not always easy to tell them apart! (you could argue "why would it matter, then?" but I'd still want MINE back)

. The mods on my hyperfirm make it pretty unique. However I actually put my TK number on it right after getting the number, and when no mods had been made yet to the blaster.

As said above I have my TK # in my counter.  But if someone were to steal it,  your more then likely never getting it back. But for misplacing it purposes you could add your TK #. I don't ever see the reason why your weapon would be mixed in with a bunch of other members weapons though. With the DLT-19 you'll know when you don't have it!  :laugh1:

• 1 month later...

Guess I need to look into changing my counter to my TK number.  If mine were misplaced and someone traced the TK ID, they would send it right back to justjoseph.  Which wouldn't be a bad thing.

Is there any image that has all the counter numbers that can be photoshopped? 

Or, how did you make your own TK ID for your counter?

This is an awesome mod you could do to get your ID# in, if your using a resin counter. http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/20982-resin-hengstler-counter-mod/?hl=%2Bcounter+%2Bnumbers

You could also buy one of these http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36552-fs-6-run-hengstler-400-counter-eagle-replicas/?hl=%2Bcounter+%2Bnumbers

I was going to do the mod in the first link, but then I found Dennis's (Blue Snaggletooth) replica counters (2nd link) and bought one instead.  The numbers actually work and they are really lightweight too.

If you poke around/ask around a bit you might be able find someone who has a template for numbers that could be printed also.

Edited by Squimspickle

Dennis's counters are awesome. I have one as well. Haven't mounted it yet though.<br><br>

I'm still trying to figure a way to put my TK number on my hyperfirm blaster's counter. I put one of the trooperbay number decals on it. But like stated before that's 1138's number.i was thinking of trying one of those old wheel label makers with the plastic imprinted labels. I have to find where I put the thing. I will let you all know if it works or looks good and post a photo.post-27364-0-56550900-1461384379_thumb.jpg

Edited by Surfintrooper