Power cylinder help please...

AWOL

I've been traveling through post after post looking for measurements so I can build my own... I can find a few build threads with some outstanding work in them but sadly lacking dimensions and the sticky resource thread only points to one of said builds...

All I can find is a jpg of the baseplate with dimensions for that but even that brings up another question...

The baseplate: the rear (vertical part) in the diagram has 2 X 2mm holes drilled in it but the builds I've seen have 3 larger holes with the capacitors partly going through it, which is correct?

Capacitors: what is the correct diameter and length of the main body of them?

Cylinders: what is the correct diameter and length of them?

I've already got the correct screws and nuts (advantage of being English with an old shed full of what most people call crap)

Help in this would be massively appreciated...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hi Kev I'm at work at the moment so don't have access to measure things directly however when I was building my own power cylinders I also modelled them in some free 3D software called Wings 3D for reference.

If you have a look at the thread below that I previously put together you can see a screenshot of what I modelled, find a download link for the free 3D software and then download the 3D model. I built the model to ensure I got the dimensions as acculturate as I could before I started building them. The software allows you to take dimensions so you can check measurements there.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/33966-free-3d-printed-parts-for-e11-builds/

If you are looking at building your own I also tried to show in my build thread a step by step guild of how I went about building mine (Post 327 onwards from the link below).

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32072-thrawns-guards-anh-e11-blaster-build/page-17

Edited by Thrawn's guard

If you are looking at building your own I also tried to show in my build thread a step by step guild of how I went about building mine (Post 327 onwards from the link below).

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32072-thrawns-guards-anh-e11-blaster-build/page-17

That kind sir is exactly what I'm looking for, thanking you profusely...

The cylinders are 23 mm long. and 6 mm in diameter.

I thought that was the capacitors?

Or 25mm with the caps on, it's the larger (top) ones I'm struggling to the diameter of...

I thought that was the capacitors?

Or 25mm with the caps on, it's the larger (top) ones I'm struggling to the diameter of...

Yeah, I meant the capacitors. But knowing that, you should be able to work out the size of the cylinders by working of the scale of things.

Yeah, I meant the capacitors. But knowing that, you should be able to work out the size of the cylinders by working of the scale of things.

Yeah, it wasn't till last night lay on my bunk in the truck I realised "I've got a vernier gauge and a full doopy" (double facepalm)

Think the only measurement I was missing was the diameter so I should be good I think...

Many thanks for the help...

Edited by AWOL