Sign in to follow this  
TK4205

Red Dog saves the day

Many of you met Red Dog in Anaheim California, when he was inducted as our mascot into the FISD by Albin, Daetrin and Eric.

Red Dog and I are usually inseparable and he tells me when I'm at the point of having a seizure, falling down and cracking my skull more that it already is. Red Dog already goes above and beyond for me and his family, but today he made a difference in someone else's family.

Today, I let Red Dog out to do his business. He came back immediately and scratched at the door. He told me that there was something that needed my attention. I could tell that it was of the utmost importance, like a squirrel or even a rabbit. I told him to "leave it", but he told me that it was not to be ignored. So I slipped on my boots and went out to investigate. Red Dog walked out into 3 feet of crusty snow.This was odd, as it's very difficult and painful but he trudged through until he came upon a hole. A baby boy had walked away from his home and fell through the crust in the woods behind our house. He was wearing nothing but a diaper and T shirt and he had almost expired from the cold. Because of Red Dog, we avoided a terrible tragedy. 

Three cheers for Red Dog!

IMG_20150924_130646632_zpscdolqpgh.jpg

_20160229_135534_zpsn6igf3z8.jpg

• Like 4

It was all Red Dog. But with his brains and my opposable  thumbs, we make a great team.

• Like 2

Great story to wake up too, nice work Red Dog

Great story to wake up too, nice work Red Dog

He's actually a countryman of yours. Best breed in the world, if you ask me.

• Like 1

Wow... Unreal. Several cheers for Red Dog, and many thanks to you and your thumbs, Wyatt. I can't even imagine the terror, fear, and guilt that his parents were feeling, or could have been feeling if things had been worse.

The thought of that being my boy... just gives me shivers - Long Live Red Dog!!!

• Like 2

Good lad!!

He was so well behaved at Anaheim, you have trained him well :)

By rights, as he is an Aussie with red hair/fur, he should actually be called Bluey.

Aussies are somewhat contrary with our nicknames.