TFA TK 8527 ready for duty

R2Dan

Hi guys!

So I finally managed to get my TFA TK finished and approved last week, after quite a long build time. I didn't rush it, as I had no chance to finish it in time for the premiere, so I took my time with it - and I think that paid off. This was one of my pics sent in for approval:

E3zvUMw.jpg

To celebrate the finished project (apart from some of the gadgets that I will still be working on), I had my Garrison mate and photographer do some studio shots of me in the armour. While I'm still waiting for most of them to be ready, here is a small selection that I feel is worth sharing with you guys, hope you enjoy them as much as I do :)

maNrf6O.jpg

JncTKEq.jpg

kqrHBsw.jpg

KWiQibY.jpg

Y7w4yoO.jpg

pFSjceo.jpg

Edited by R2Dan
  • Like 17

It was cool seeing the new suit up-close and in the flesh. I'm no authority on the details of the First Order armour but you've clearly done a fine job on the fit and finish and you seem to have good mobility.

You see no end of costumes which seem to be built for anyone but the actual wearer, so this is a nice change and very easy on the eye.

Very nice! Do you use a second helmet for Finn's bloody helmet or is it photoshopped? Either way, congratulations to your finished build.

Is this the Anovos armor?

This is a second helmet, indeed. Here's a less artsy shot of it:

uGNKsR9.jpg

And yes, it is an anovos suit.

I love how you notched the forearms! Finn's style and replica spirit :).

I think you're the best fan First Order stormtrooper I've seen. No matter what others might think.

The forearm mod helps a lot with mobility, so on top of being accurate, it's also functional - win win!

Thanks for the high praise! I did put a lot of effort into making it the best I can, glad people think it paid off!

I'm actually about to add a 3D printed sidearm based on your file to my setup :) And as soon as Derrek is done with his F11-D blaster casts, I'll also build one of those as well. Not that I don't like my JJ blaster, it's a pretty solid kit as well!

• Like 2

It was cool seeing the new suit up-close and in the flesh. I'm no authority on the details of the First Order armour but you've clearly done a fine job on the fit and finish and you seem to have good mobility.

You see no end of costumes which seem to be built for anyone but the actual wearer, so this is a nice change and very easy on the eye.

Thanks again for helping with the approval pics! No one else could have captured the essence of this moment so well. Tea towel TK!

• Like 1

A couple more shots. "plain" full body shots with pauldron (we also did them without, so they might follow ;))

4fKXFdN.jpg

wbeWmW5.jpg

h1XHx8s.jpg

NPtq59p.jpg

MROqAiF.jpg

And then there was this moment:

JzC1qSe.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Had my first troop in the TFA TK yesterday (and in fact my first event back in white plastic in 16 months). Did about 6 to 7 hours in costume, but after 4 it got a real strain. This is not exactly old school TK trooping. Still I had a blast! For some odd reason I can only find pics of me with Disney proof weaponry, here's one:

xjJXdnJ.jpg

• Like 1