Review of Jimmiroquai FOTK Armor

TK5492

come on guys- keep your facebook off the detachment and the detachment off your facebook. Can't you folks see the damage that facebook does to the forums? It's especially detrimental to garrisons. Other than the ease of posting pictures, there's no reason not to share it with the entire detachment.

No different than the TFA anovos FB group, which I can only imagine you take part in?

Really happy this armor is continuing to be perfected now that many more images are available etc.<br><br><br>

An evolving product with a maker willing to make improvements as details emerge is what makes this hobby great.<br><br><br><br>

To be fair the Anovos Facebook existed because we all signed an nda and Anovos allowed the private Facebook chat for us to share information and builds with other folks who had signed the nda. <br><br><br>

The Facebook group still exists but even though the nda hasn't been officially lifted more and more of us are trying to share details here where everyone can benefit, and there is discussion to open the Anovos Facebook group to all fo tk folks.<br><br><br>

It wasn't about elitism, it was the only real way we could help each other at the time.<br><br><br>

I doubt Jim has you signing an nda and since it's more or less armor for all, I agree that it would be better to have it here than on a private fb page.<br><br><br>

White armor has long been the go to place for all things tk, I hate to see Facebook ruin that. Just my 2 cents.<br><br><br>

Oh and edit that stress test is insane. If you can keep the paint on it that's got to help prevent yoke cracks!

Edited by rhapsodyred99
  • Like 1

To be honest it's not even a build group considering the the armor is 85% ready out of the box. It's more of a support group for sharing pictures and little tips that may get redundant and pointless to have its own thread here.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

No different than the TFA anovos FB group, which I can only imagine you take part in?

Thank you, Joe, for allowing me to clarify. 

I have not, nor have I ever taken part in TFA anovos FB group. As one of the first 75 builders, I was not even allowed access to the private TFA builders group that resided on the legion forum, without first signing a NDA, which I did not. It seems as though that group has movod off of the private legion forum and moved to the so called TFA anovos FB group. I don't even know who the administrators of that group are and I'm not familiar with their rules or charter.

Hey everyone. So, I originally wrote this review to bring a positive light to the armor and genuienly help people in this community. Unfortunately it has turned into somewhat of an argument and I don't like the negative light it has created. <br><br><br>

I would also like to formally apologize for the mention of the Facebook group we created to further assist builders. It was in no way to detract from the forums or the detachment and was just to let folks know and further help people out. <br><br><br>

I really love the FISD and it's very disappointing to see the arguments stemming over this armor in general and I just don't want my thread to continue to be an outlet to facilitate that. <br><br>

We even had a bit of this issue within the group and we squashed it and I would really like to move past it and continue with the common ground that we are all stormtroopers at heart and we all want to benefit ourselves and each other. I am seeing many members starting to post their info here as well as in the group as to benefit all.

No arguments from me here. I respect Jim and his hard work that he has shared with this community. Please continue. this is a great post and we all have the need and desire to see it here. 

If I sound annoyed at the mention of facebook, it's because I don't have a facebook account and it's aggravating to miss so much when I expect to see it here, where it could be.

• Like 1

Hi, I heard there are a few builds of the Jims armor. Are there any that focus on what needs to be done to connect them to the gaskets or any straps to add etc.

I have what I guess is considered Jim's V3. I also got Jim's cloth gaskets as I wait for the rubber ones from TK4205. Jim's gaskets come wearable out the box, with straping, buckles and velcro already sewn on and in place. All I had to do was put on some industrial sticky back velcro to the inside of some of the armor parts after I plastidipped the insides. Everything holds together and looks great. I only wish Jim included or offered a neck seal, since his gaskets look shiny and rubbery like a hero neckseal.

As for straps, I made a suspender system for the one piece wrap-around ab plate, another suspender system for the thighs (since this armor is heavier than my ATA TK and the legs being all connected), a chest strap for the chest to mount between the yoke points, shoulder straps for the bells and a bicep strap for holding those plates up. Last thing are two straps for the cod and two for the butt. I did all mine as pile side sticky velcro on the armor and hook side sewn on heavy duty elastic straps.

Gloves are very different for me as a Phasma.

Thank you for your response.  [Edited] How does the neck seal from stormtrooperundersuit match the Jim cloth gaskets?  I am on the wait list for the cloth gaskets from imperialgaskets, but considered just going with Jim's. Did you feel that the plasti dip is a required step to finishing the inside?

Edited by randallsbrooks

Thank you for your response.  [Edited] How does the neck seal from stormtrooperundersuit match the Jim cloth gaskets?  I am on the wait list for the cloth gaskets from imperialgaskets, but considered just going with Jim's. Did you feel that the plasti dip is a required step to finishing the inside?

Required, no...strongly suggested, yeah. It help seal in the fiberglass and stops you from itching!  Adds for a nice touch too.

I don't know anything about stormtrooperundersuit. 

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the review! Much appreciated. This is the earlier version of the kit and Tyler is being kind when he talks about surface prep. But thanks to feedback from him and others, several issues have already been addressed with the newer kits. About the thighs, i'm a little embarrassed to say the the thighs fit me almost perfectly. Haha. Again, as i didn't use any Anovos reference, my main model at the time was Finn. I researched what his height was and extrapolated from there. And Hence the huge looking thighs, i guess. Haha. But i've experimented with an unpainted new one and a really easy mod would be to cut an inside seam, then adjust and close with velcro. :)

Are your kits easy to build? I'm a first timer! and is their an option to have it pre measured to my body? And painted?

• Like 1

I have partnered with Jimmi to offer limited runs of cloth gaskets to try and help out some troopers and take some pressure off Rhonda and her ever-growing waitlist. These are shiny, stretch vinyl, one size fits all, adjustable straps. Velcro comes presewn but you can always move them around and re-sew. I will be matching Rhonda's price of $150usd, with domestic U.S. shipping included! (Yes I will ship internationally, but this will be an additional charge based upon your country, and I am not liable for lost or delayed packages once they have been shipped... if your country has issues with that sort of thing, I recommend paying extra for international tracking). I will be contacting those who expressed interest in the order in which they commented to collect payments. Because of the huge demand for these, if anyone declines or does not pay within 24 hours they will lose their spot in the queue and the next person in line will have a chance to take their spot. These will be coming to the U.S. from the Philippines so they will take some time to arrive. Once they are in hand I will ship them out to each buyer. As more gaskets become available I will continue to work my way down the queue, most likely in groups of 5-10. Cheers, JJ

Pictures? I would like to compare to I.G..

Many Bothans died bringing me this information.

• Like 1

Is this going to include the people on Rhonda wait list? So her list will move faster?

I just heard about this last night. I don't have direct access to the "secret" FB group. No one has been in contact with us for any type of coordination together. We have taken no up front money from anyone, so we are not worried about fulfilling an obligation. I assume our customers will remain on our wait list, however they are not bound. I would appreciate an email from our customers if they drop off of our list, so we're not waiting for them to pay. I don't know if the alternative is comfortable and breathable, but our customers would be wise to remain on our list. 

It took a moment for the Mrs. to process this. I know that she simply can't sew that many gaskets that soon no matter how hard she tries. The fact is that it is just simple sewing and right now there is more demand than supply. It's our passion more than it is a business. I'm just happy that you guys are keeping me busy doing what I love.

I will say I don't know anything about this gasket run. In fact I don't even know what thread this post came from or who JJ is. There is nothing on the Facebook buidling group in this regards. No mention at all. Also the group is not secret. It's just closed like most groups to allow moderators to approve access so unnecessary posts don't clog up the feed.

I have now searched for this exact text in the group and no results came up. So either this is from a different fb group (anovos maybe?) or somewhere else.

Also i would like to add that the active builders, who share their builds in the fb group, also do so here on the white armor forums, most notable this very thread and also evins and dynamic1's, which have been, combined with ukswraths legendary tfa tk thread, a major source of info on this build. The fb group serves as a way to get the fast answers on questions (with a laser-sharp focus on jimmis armor only) rather than sharing detailed build info.

Edited by Fedaykin
  • Like 3

Could be from any FB group or the RPF. I got it second hand, maybe third hand. However as written it indicated that we were passing some of our customers off. That's not the case. I spoke with Jim some time ago and I am aware he is doing his own gaskets, so no worries there. 

I don't have a FB account. I miss a lot.

• Like 2