Legacy TK Build

So, I just bought the kit from KW and I have to admit, I am feeling a little overwhelmed.

I already have a regular approved TK and I wanted to (this may sound silly) actually make my Jes Gistang statue a mini-me.  

So I figure my gloves and neck seal will do fine for this set of armour.  I looked over the CRL and it seems to ring true, can someone confirm?

The parts I'm struggling with are the helmet decals and the boots.  My TK boots aren't the best and I believe I need something more chunky for the Fem armour anyways.

I am so excited!  I'm hoping to have this done for late August.

• Like 3

Ok, so still trying to figure out where to get boots from =/

This is the picture from the CRL:

http://databank.501st.com/databank/File:LegacyTK-female-boots-A.png

Would these be good?  I can add in the strip to the top of the boot myself:

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations! Now the fun begins.

You can use the strapping method for regular TK's. There's nothing really special about Legacy armor in terms of how to strap it.

Nice. I'm really finding my statue and the CRL immensely helpful. I tackled the helmet today and managed to get it mostly together. Just some painting and the lenses to put in. 69bff1ede1241238237b57d18ff65e4d.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! 

I'm a little worried that I'm on the tall end of the suit.  This past weekend I was able to fit the thighs and the shins.  The calves don't quite line up with mine.  Once I get the thighs assembled I'll hang the knees and see where we're at.

post-13843-0-46908200-1460590377_thumb.jpg

Ok, so everything is fitting, some things are large, some things are tight.  I am now at the stage where I'm just sanding the edges and getting ready to glue the permanent bits together.  I'm going to be using ABS cement, it's what I used on my TK and it's lasted what, almost 7 years now without giving up?  Good enough for me.

A2vn8MU.jpg?1

Edited by Sirene
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The kindred sole site didn't work out for me.  I ended up buying a pair of boots off Ebay that matched basic CRL requirements and added the white strip down the front on my own.  I now have a pair of Gio boots that are perfect.

I did complete the kit, here's a pic from DragonCon sans helmet because I haven't installed fans yet and I just couldn't handle wearing it:

b72bVu3.jpg?1

• 2 months later...

The kindred sole site didn't work out for me. I ended up buying a pair of boots off Ebay that matched basic CRL requirements and added the white strip down the front on my own. I now have a pair of Gio boots that are perfect.

Do you still have a link to that eBay vendor/seller you got your boots from? I'm trying to help my sister build her kit and ever link I find here is either broken or the seller is out of stock. :(

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

On 2/27/2016 at 10:32 PM, Sirene said:

Ok, so still trying to figure out where to get boots from =/

This is the picture from the CRL:

http://databank.501st.com/databank/File:LegacyTK-female-boots-A.png

Would these be good?  I can add in the strip to the top of the boot myself:

---------

KindredSole is sold out of the white... boooo   well you cant add to your cart anyway... Been looking for a month.. If  find a source I will post it.  So far I have set ordered from Gio  and while I wait and wait  I found a white chunky sole but black boot and  ordered from Amazon (going to add the strip and paint white for the approval).. but they changed delivery date to May... >.<

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I feel your pain... Gios are spot on for approval, but there is a good wait for his awesome work.  I even tried to get a set made locally but time was 120 days+.. I want to get approved before Celebration in April.  Almost finished, just chest and back strapping, final fitting and of course shoes. 

I feel your pain... Gios are spot on for approval, but there is a good wait for his awesome work.  I even tried to get a set made locally but time was 120 days+.. I want to get approved before Celebration in April.  Almost finished, just chest and back strapping, final fitting and of course shoes. 

I ordered from him on Halloween. He said 2 weeks. He also isn't responding to any of my inquires about them. 

Pretty sure I'll never see them. 

I ordered from him on Halloween. He said 2 weeks. He also isn't responding to any of my inquires about them. 

Pretty sure I'll never see them. 

Ok after a month of messages he finally got back to me this morning and said "your boots will be picked this friday". So looks like there may actually be light at the end of this tunnel! 

• Like 2

• 9 months later...