stormtrooper in a new hope

i just noticed a flaw in the new hope movie.... the part in the movie where solo , luke , ben , and the droids hide out in the cargo hold under the floor boards.... well there are 2 troopers that guard the enternce to the falcon...... when they go up stairs you hear 2 blast shots... then the guys where the armor they took from those troopers..... ok look at the trooper on the left , seehow the brow is high. well this is the suit luke ends up wearing, you can tell by the box on his belt.... and when he is seen wearing the suit and helmet , its a different helmet..... not sure if this is old news or a new find.... here are the pics... rod

post-1784-1212100806_thumb.jpg

post-1784-1212100819_thumb.jpg

& where did they get their clothes from again, once they dumped the Armor after the trash compactor scene <_< ???

The undersuits are like Space Bags...they put these baggy jumpsuits on over their clothes, then sucked all the air out of em and they fit like a dance glove...then put the armor on over that. When they got out of the compactor, they broke the seal and viola. :P

ya know...

if han and luke shot the storm troopers, how come there arent any blaster scarring on the armor when han and luke put it on?

WELL????? (yeah, i've been thinking about that one for about 20 years!!!)

LOL yep 2067 that is a good catch but it is indeed a known thing...they switch to "hero" helmets for the close up scenes after they take the armor =)

well their are background troopers in the movie with hero lids. i guess it was just a continuity error. and maybe it was the troopers that fired once they were on the millennium falcon ,not han and luke, and then they beet the troopers up. hey that could have happened.

and... when Luke (or Han) walks down the ramp and taps on his ear to indicate a bad transmitter, he's still wearing a stunt. after that...poof like magic it changes to abs, bubble lenses, six teeth and a low brow!

I've never worried so much about their clothes as I did their boots. Clothes maybe could be worn underneath or stored in Chewie's bag or SOMETHING, but there's no way I can see Han toting his jack boots along with him the whole time...

I always imagined that either the two blaster shots from the Falcon were stun shots or that Han managed to shoot them between the armor plates (why the body suits are ok I don't know)

Phil

Yeah, I always thought the shots were from the stormtroopers as they got beaten up

How they carried their clothes with them though, I never could figure out

I'll buy into them wearing there clothes underneath or Chewie stored them in his bag. But where did they hide the boots? They are wearing there normal boots after the trash compactor.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, by some use of the force, Ben told Han and Luke that they were going to end up in a trash compactor and were going to change clothes, so he told them to put the clothes outside of the exact trash compactor... but then, because Luke is so young, and Han drinks and no one can understand the wookie (he mutters) they all forgot what Ben told them after storing their gear! :P I'm going with that approach, or whatever makes the rebel scum look stupid!

Well, by some use of the force, Ben told Han and Luke that they were going to end up in a trash compactor and were going to change clothes, so he told them to put the clothes outside of the exact trash compactor... but then, because Luke is so young, and Han drinks and no one can understand the wookie (he mutters) they all forgot what Ben told them after storing their gear! :P I'm going with that approach, or whatever makes the rebel scum look stupid!

This is what's so entertaining about the original SW. Noticing things after careful examination that made perfect sense or at least did'nt seem odd at first. To answer the question about the mysterious appearance of everyone's boots and clothes,... they were in Chewie's bandolier, simple. Nah, seriously though, being a smuggler, it should'nt be surprising that Chewie had a back pack covered with wookiee fur that he could secretly hide various types of contraband in. Part of the reason he kept the bandolier on was to help conceal it. Unfortunately seeing a wookiee wearing an ammo belt being held under custody seemed a bit too odd for the imperial officers, prompting them to check for clearance. Dammit Chewie, why did'nt you leave the ammo belt?

I always assumed the shots were "set on stun". Seems to me if the stormie blasters had stun setting then shouldn't other blasters? Anyway, it could also have been the stormies firing off shots while being knocked over the pan or something. As for the different helmet continuity error... "there IS no different helmet. You just imagined that. You can go about your movie-watching. Move along, move along."

i spotted another error involving the same suit a few scenes later, during the "TK-421 why aren't you at your post" scene. First one to spot the mistake gets 1 million points.

again this is a pic of luke, see comlink, but with a stunt helmet, but that isn't the problem.

TK421-1.jpg

i'll post the answer in a few hours if no-one gets it.

..imagine Luke and Han running around the deathstar in their socks because they couldn't take their boots with them. Lol..

I am wondering WHAT kind of socks they would actually wear in the Star Wars trilogy. What ARE the most SA socks and underwear? I guess we'll never know..