Pyrates AP Kidney Notch Modification

Right then the bubbles showed up again but I'm going to take a different approach - none the less here is where I am

602A42AF-F9EF-4AEA-9571-B69947D9CFB7_zps

02FBCBEF-A4BA-4B7A-83A3-EAE0529FE169_zps

018DB87F-C48C-46B8-9FC8-63E881817C4A_zps

After some more work here's what it looks like

7EBA6AE0-9C18-43DD-A4DA-401A93A0493F_zps

Sorry all - the notch is square but it's difficult to take the photo, hold the ruler, and the armor lol -

F7928056-A83A-4514-892C-1BEDCE9B8F43_zps

Edited by Pyrates

Now once the bubbles are filled to my satisfaction and sanded down again this will be the next purchase/ process that will not only be done with the notch but my entire armor - hopefully before my Centurion application.

I found this thanks to Tony when I asked him about polishing and they can be found at Wally World, Amazon, EBay...

http://youtu.be/_t1RBw0IGXA

I will only require the last buffing procedure as I will have already sanded the notch down with a 2500 grit.

Higher grit sand paper is available at Jewelry suppliers for anyone that me be looking.

Edited by Pyrates
  • Like 1

I have finished my modification on the kidney notch. 

It didn't come out as well as I had hoped imo - for now it will do and was worth the investigation. I will explore this again at a later time to see what other options are available but enough chitty chat here are the pics.

I started with 200 grit, then moved to 600, 2500, then Novus 3 Scratch Remover Polish, and finally Novus 1. (3M will happen later when I get pick one up)

918F2CEF-8762-4E68-B4EE-536CE0D8D207_zps

BD9EA8F6-684D-43E3-8999-DB3B618A6A1F_zps

A84F5F23-3867-469B-9CC9-0B2C0D835FB0_zps

77B4FE11-98B6-4A23-8724-E89AF6235A3E_zps

C2A215B5-BEB6-4E9C-A204-08DEFC1359EE_zps

Now to get the other side done  :laugh1:

Cheers mates and many thanks for your time!

• Like 2

You have done exceptionally well, oh and by the way, we don't scale and check your measurements . Close enough is good enough, and yours are remarkable.

Can't wait to review your EIB and Centurion apps. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You have done exceptionally well, oh and by the way, we don't scale and check your measurements . Close enough is good enough, and yours are remarkable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Big time thanks Andrew!

Those reviews will be hopefully happening in the next couple of weeks

Edited by Pyrates

• 3 months later...

UPDATE!!!:

With a new change in the Kidney Plate CRL - this Modification- is NOT approvable - at Centurion - Please refer to the picture below for acceptable applications:

d2833b624a412ddfe8df3affd88eb2aa.jpg

The 1st post has been updated with this notice as well - cheers mates!

Edited by Pyrates

UPDATE!!!:

With a new change in the Kidney Plate CRL - this Modification- is NOT approvable - at Centurion - Please refer to the picture below for acceptable applications:

The 1st post has been updated with this notice as well - cheers mates!

However, as stated in another thread, if you were in the assembly process during the decision process we will not hold this against you, which ever way you made your notch.  :duim:

• Like 2

However, as stated in another thread, if you were in the assembly process during the decision process we will not hold this against you, which ever way you made your notch. :duim:

Thank-you kindly Tony! I will add this to the first post as well - cheers good sir