DV's First Order Build

deadvision

Throwing my hat into the ring with a build thread, hope to document my journey to Starkiller Base.

Helmets: Mitcheg1, Anovos Standard

Armor: Jimmiroquai (shipping)

Gloves and Boots: IB

Blaster: Heston (waiting)

Belt: Trooperbay

Undersuit and neckseal: carried over from my TD

Gaskets: Imperial Cloth (waiting)

Additional accessories

Black Pauldron, Additional helmet for Bloody Finn.

So far working on finishing my Mitcheg1 bucket minor work needed.

kO35oNW.jpg

nTLntkp.jpg

Edited by deadvision

Greg has done a spectacular job on his helmets, as well as the rest of his FO armor.  His eye for detail knows no bounds!  I will be trooping with him this Saturday, and am looking forward to seeing his debut in person.  Looking forward to your build thread, Isaac!

• Like 1

What's the general consensus on paint? Is there a specific type of Spray paint to use that handles flexing? And to blend in with other troops?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ANOVOS recommended (rattle can) - RUST-OLEUM 249090 Gloss White - http://www.homedepot...49090/202071066

Highly recommended if you have the $ Professionally Painted - Primer, Paint, Clear and Hardener - http://www.whitearmo...10116/?p=447887

Yellow and black?

haha yes. In the world of professional painting to achieve a certain color sometimes requires blending many others. In the case of the Anovos recommended white spray paint, when color matched my painter's machine came up with those particular codes. There are others that had their armor professionally painted as well, I wouldn't be surprised if all our paint codes differ slightly. To the naked eye it's the same color white.

f8269146-7a45-491a-a059-5c4451f5fdea.jpg

d98566b2-b0c9-4eaa-9760-c33e66935324.jpg   

• Like 2

I painted a FO helmet and those areas came out bad for me.  I recommend to keep on trying with the stickers! 

Oh and I received my Jim armor yesterday!  The box was roughed up badly but luckily the only damage was to the TD, which should be easily fixed with bondo.  

• Like 1

Little White bag day. Nothing to special. Do I need to glue it to the nylon? Seems redundant? I'm sure there is a reason though.

I found that once the belt boxes were secured through the various layers of the belt, it stays together quite well. Check out Tony's build thread (UKSwrath) for guidance on this.

I found that once the belt boxes were secured through the various layers of the belt, it stays together quite well. Check out Tony's build thread (UKSwrath) for guidance on this.

Will do!

I painted a FO helmet and those areas came out bad for me. I recommend to keep on trying with the stickers!

Oh and I received my Jim armor yesterday! The box was roughed up badly but luckily the only damage was to the TD, which should be easily fixed with bondo.

That's the reason I'm trying to get the decals down. I know I'll botch the paint for sure. Ouch I work for the post office EMS packages are always beat, hopefully mine is alright

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk