Any purchased AP armor - Out of the Box Ready to Wear version?

May I suggest once you have your armor start a "Pre-Assembled armor fitment modifications" or similar thread in the "How To" forums

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/79-tips-and-howtos/ 

Ok sounds good Tony..I'll do that.  I have yet to see a thread like that on here, probably because most do the build themselves.  Thanks!

I'm waiting on my kit from Mark too. I ordered end of December I think. I too am a bit concerned on fitment because I am a very skinny person at 5'10.5", 150ish pounds.. Very skinny arms and such, so I'm thinking I will have to cut the bicep and possibly forearm sections to make it smaller. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My 2 cents, build it yourself peeps. You have plenty of talented hobbyists here to help you along the way. The money you save you can buy tools you'll most undoubtly use again. If Mark's DIY kits are ready to go I would grab them. YOU CAN DO IT!  :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 4

Just in case anyone is wondering I purchased one of Mark's untrimmed kits and I was actually surprised at how much of the flashing he actually removes from a lot of the pieces. I had everything rough cut in a couple of hours.

I'm not gonna get all Facebook and make it seem like it's running barefooted through a field of daisies. It's still kinda over whelming as all but I saved a couple hundred bucks and got it quicker. I'm taking my time but hurrying up with the build and I'm happy cause the support on this site is great. I'm working it every night, sometimes 30 mins, sometimes 3-4 hours but everyday I look at it coming together and give it a little smirk! At the end of day much like my new friend CommradeDave can attest, our armor will have self inflicted battle wounds that we will be able to share all the stories with our fellow mates and encourage them to go the same route. I'm sure like Tony said, you'll probably need to do some tweeks anyhow on a trimmed out version. Might as well go for the gusto go untrimmed, give Mark some breathing room and let Brattie get closer to getting hers poor lady, she's being a great trooper if you don't know her check out her thread, it's pretty funny!

Another new friend airborne trooper mentioned to me recently to not get hung up on perfect, movie armor never was (he didn't really say it like that but that's how I took it) and that alone has allowed me to take it easy on myself and push on! Lastly as the father of a new generation of trooper just mentioned, grab it and jump in. You can do it!!

Or not, either way, we will still have your back!

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My 2 cents, build it yourself peeps. You have plenty of talented hobbyists here to help you along the way. The money you save you can buy tools you'll most undoubtly use again. If Mark's DIY kits ready to go I would grab them. YOU CAN DO IT!  :jc_doublethumbup:

i will 2nd this, there are a lot of talented people here to assist with a build. From experience i bought a untrimmed kit from Mark and had it complete with in a month. The stuff you learn wile doing your build is priceless, the experience of building it your self is very rewarding. All tools you acquire to build your kit, you will use again for sure :duim:  trust me you wont build just one trooper..  :smiley-sw013:

Edited by TD42115
  • Like 2